Thread: To cut or not to cut?

Threaded View

To cut or not to cut?

I don't know whether to cut or not. I'd really like to, as my bodyfat is higher than it has been for years. (18-22%?) However, at 5'7 and 117pounds, I suppose I could try to build up some muscle first so when I cut I dont wind up with too low of bodyweight. sorry if this question annoys anyone, but the bf% is *really* bugging me on a daily basis, especially my newfound need to buy need clothes. What to do?

a. drop cals below maintenance, cut the bf% then lean bulk
    b. add 250 cals over maintenance, train hard, eat clean
    c. keep cals at maintenance, train, eat clean, see what happens (gain muscle and lose bf% at same time? maybe? if im really lucky? )
    Last edited by Jane; 12-17-2001 at 08:45 PM.
    "Then on leg day do squats, lunges, stiff legged deadlifts, fluffernutters, and calf raises."--Belial, training a newbie

PowermanDL on Russian culture: "Big furry hats come into play somewhere."

"The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly; it is dearness only that gives everything its value. I love the man that can smile in trouble, that can gather strength from distress and grow brave by reflection. 'Tis the business of little minds to shrink; but he whose heart is firm, and whose conscience approves his conduct, will pursue his principles unto death." --Thomas Paine