Thread: HIIT without cutting my diet

HIIT without cutting my diet

I like eating. I don't want to stop eating. But I also have a bit of fat I want to lose. Question is, can I lose that fat by doing HIIT and not cutting my calories by too much. And if so, how many sessions do you guys recommend a week?
    I am cool beyond all natural explanation.

Any caloric deficit you create will cause you to lose weight. But you cannot expect to cardio off a sh!tty diet. Weight loss really is diet. Cardio just lets you eat slightly more while you cut.

Start doing some HIIT a few times a week and perhaps some long distance stuff (swimming, running, biking, whatever), adn you'll definately start to lose weight if you're maintaining your intake levels. Just get a lot of exercise.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Indeed. If you can manage to not increase your intake, you will slowly lose some weight from the additional caloric expenditure.

But it's REALLY easy to overeat when you exercise more - your appetite will increase. You'll still have to watch it.

Yeah, I'm lifting 4 times a week also, I just want to slowly lose some fat...not in any rush. My main goal is to keep packin on the muscle while slowly losing some fat through HIIT. Alright, I'll try and keep the calorie intake about the same and down with the fat intake.

I'm lifting 4 times heavy during the week, how many times should I do HIIT you think?
    I am cool beyond all natural explanation.

2 or 3. Better yet, go and play some sports instead of just doing some boring cardio. Soccer is essentially HIIT with some skills involved.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by Ed C.
    Yeah, I'm lifting 4 times a week also, I just want to slowly lose some fat...not in any rush. My main goal is to keep packin on the muscle while slowly losing some fat through HIIT. Alright, I'll try and keep the calorie intake about the same and down with the fat intake.

I'm lifting 4 times heavy during the week, how many times should I do HIIT you think?

You want to decrease your fats? Why?

Yeah don't worry about reducing the amount of fats that you eat. I've been on a successful diet for the last two months and reduced my carbs if anything. Anyway I'd say do HIIT 2 or 3 times a week also. Doing more than 3 times a week would be very difficult. And also if you don't change your diet and are just trying to lose weight through cardio, as has been said above, your appetite will go up so be careful.

When I decided to lose fat I changed my diet and didn't do any cardio... something that Built is frequently advising and I must say that she is right. All you have to do is eat just a little bit less and keep lifting hard and you will be able to lose the fat and still put on the muscle. From what I understand though, the faster you try to lose your fat the higher the chance of you losing muscle.

Don't worry about fats, just look at the bottom line which is calories.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Wannabebig Member
    i donno if this will work for you...but i stopped drinking 4 times a week...and even started eating a bit more...didnt really do any running, but started lifting 6x a week and ive never been fitter.