Thread: My workout Routine for the past week, feeling great!

My workout Routine for the past week, feeling great!

I've started making an effort to write down everything I eat and how much I'm lifting inside the gym in a journal. It's been rather rewarding. Here has been my workout for the past couple days, advice or comments are welcome.

Sunday - Chest/Bi:

Flat BB: 135x10, 165x8, 185x4, 195x5
    Decline DB: 140x8, 150x7, 160x6
    Incline BB: 115x8, 125x8, 135x5
    Decline Hammer: 180x8
    Preacher: 90x10, 100x10, 100x6
    DB Curls: 35x10, 35x8, 40x6
    Hammer Flys: 135x10, 150x6
    Cable Cross-over: 60x10, 70x6

Monday - Back/Tri:

DB Row: 70x10, 75x8, 80x6
    Shrugs: 135x10, 185x10, 205x10, 215x6 (moved shrugs to shoulder day)
    Lat Pull Downs: 120x10, 135x8, 140x6
    Machine Pull Downs: 130x10, 150x10, 170x6
    Skullcrushers: 55x10, 65x8, 75x6
    Close Grip BP BB: 75x10, 80x10, 90x6, 90x7
    Overhead Tri: 50x10, 55x10, 60x8, 65x4
    Single Grip Cable Tri: 30x10, 40x8, 50x6
    Hammer Row: 180x10, 190x8, 200x4

Tuesday - Legs:

Squat: 45x10, 135x10, 185x10, 205x8, 215x8 (deep squat form struggles at higher weight, maybe i should cut back a bit?)
    SLDL: 135x10, 185x8, 205x5 (grip failed before hamstrings got tired)
    Leg Extensions: 90x10, 135x10, 170x7, 180x5
    Ham Curl: 55x10, 70x10, 55x8 (first time training hams, very weak)
    Standing Calf Raise: 90x10, 120x10, 150x10 (was on a machine, maxed weight out, going to use DB's next week)
    Walking Lunges: 35x10, 40x10, 45x10
    Seated Calf: 90x10, 115x6

This is a basic idea of my workouts/strength. In addition to this I do a shoulder day now where I took shrugs from my back day and focus a day on shoulders and abs. Constructive comments welcome, thanks!

-Jason
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

IMO i think you got too much arm stuff going on!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Why not space it out a little. Monday, wed, friday, and sat if you want that shoulder day. Put some deadlifts in there. You could cut down the volume some.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Tell that to these twigs on my sides, they follow me around everywhere I go and they can't get enough gymtime, they love it!

From looking at most routines I've seen the back/bi, chest/tri and leg day layout. I tried to make an effort to follow that, did I fudge up my planning somewhere along the lines? What would you recommend I change or replace?

your arms will grow if you cut back a tad on so many arm exrecises and eat!!!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

HahnB: I was thinking about switching deadlifts with squats every other week, or possibly doing deadlifts on shoulder day. What do you think?

I am eating right now actually, it's pretty much all I do lately. I gave up on the idea of having a six pack while I bulk, so I'm taking in as many clean calories as I can stomach.

I agree with getfit. Too much volume. You'd do better to pick 2 or 3 exercises per muscle group and have at least one rest day between workouts. Remember, you grow out of the gym, not in it.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

You could prob dump some of those cable movements as well.

DJ

You could do shoulders on leg day.

Might want to put in hack squats on leg day and drop one of the machine exercises. In general, more free weight usage is your goal.

Drop one of the arm movements.

Drop the pulldowns, add in chins and deadlifts.

I'd drop the cable tris.

Take a look at WBB #1. You also don't mention what you do specifically for shoulders.
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    I'd cut arm exercises by at least half. If you have five I'd cut two or even three exercises completely out of the routine. The reason being that you work triceps already when you do chest and biceps when you train back. So your arm muscles have already been trained, and five exercises each on top of that is definitely overkill. I would go with the E-Z BB curl and preacher curl for biceps and the close-grip bench press and dips for triceps. If you are training chest and back very hard, that should be all that's needed to grow your arms.

I would also only do at most two exercises for biceps and triceps. My bis and tris get more work than enough indirectly by just doing DB benches, Weighted Dips, Chins and Rows. I do not do any direct arm work and my bis and tris are very large, without hardly any fat.