Thread: Neck

Wannabebig Member

Neck

Hey, I've been workin my neck lately and wondered if anyone had any routines for it that I haven't been doin.

I will get on my knees and then put my head on the ground and roll it back and forth and around.
    I will use my hands to put pressure on my head and then resist with my neck muscles and do reps and sets with this.
    There is a machine at the Y that does the same as the last one except that you can regulate the pressure with weights.

Anything else? Any combination lifts?

Opiate

You should do a search because we already have topics for this but a good excersise I know is lay down on the floor as if you were going to bench press, holding a light barbell in your hands, and then tilt your head back so your neck is supporting most of your body and the weight of the bar. This could be dangerous if done wrong so go easy on the weight.

take a look at my sig, thats a routine from last year. I haven't done it sense than but it might help you out.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

mmm... discipline
    I use a weight attached to a rope, with the rope end held to the top of my head, and I bend over and move my head and neck around. I use that to slowly stretch out my spine as well. I assume I look hilarious doing it.

I suggest you do some heavy deadlifts on a weekly basis if you are not doing them already.

here're some neck exercises
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/NeckWt.html

i do the ones with plates.. and look weird doing it too lol. but my neck's stronger.

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks guys. There is a set-up at the Y were weight can be applied to a pivoting rod with a place to rest your head on for extension, flextion, and lateral movement. I put about 30 lbs on it and feel no gain afterwards. It has hand holds on the seat too so that you can keep your body ridged while doing it. I don't feel any gains after about 2 weeks and I usually put on mass easily. Thanks for the other suggestions.

Erik