The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Beach

arm workout im new :/

hey guys ive been workin out every other day for about 3 weeks now, i do curl 40 (or 2 20's) and i do about 5 sets of 8-10 reps on each arm every other day, i also do shoulder, and tricep workouts..

just wondering, am i doing it right, and how long will it be before i start to see my arms getting bigger.

thanks

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i hope you work your legs as well. And 5 sets every other day per arm is way too much. YOu should take a look at WBB#1 routine to get started. You also need to start eating more, the avarage rule of thumb is that you gain about an inch on your arms every 10 - 15 pounds.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

You won't gain ANYTHING if you don't EAT!!

What's your diet like?

Do good back exercises (rows, chins, pulldowns) and you can get away with doing bi's once a week, if at all.

And no chest? That'll work the tri's. Do good chest stuff--bench, weighted dips, and, like bi's, you can get away with once a week, if at all.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Beach
    yeah, i am "ripped" so to speak in the chest and abdominal area, i am a swimmer, so i usually get a lot of shoulder and chest strength, i do crunches, jog everyday, or every other day, bench whenever i can get a spotter. i have not really been able to do many pushups lately, been having trouble with the vessel in my nose. it bleeds almost every time i do pushups, so i gotta go get it cauterized : /.

i normally eat oatmeal for breakfast, sandwich with milk for lunch, and always something hearty or healthy for dinner followed by a good desert. LOTS of snacking in between, but i am only about 120 pounds. where can i find this wbb #1 workout.

thanks

Squat, Dead, Bench, Eat, Sleep, Repeat.
    Nick V

Last edited by muscleup; 08-11-2005 at 04:22 PM.

The main question is what are you goals? Also how tall are you?
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    I can't imagine your chest being too ripped with you only doing arm workouts.
    Check out wbb1 as mentioned above. Try that complete routine for a month and you will see dramatic gains.
    But they will only be as good as your diet.
    The "search" button is your friend here.
    Last edited by Hatred; 08-11-2005 at 04:36 PM.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Beach
    im about 5'9

i really dont need to work on my stomache and chest right now, i got that through swimming, i just need to keep swimming for that, i just want bigger arm muscles.

should i do maybe 3 sets of 6-8 reps on the 20's 2 or 3 times a week? plus tricep and stuff like that

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Don't expect a ton of positive help if all you are looking for is curl jockey assistance.
    do Different curls and maybe dips,skulls and close grip bench press twice a week.
    Be consistent and the results will come.
    If you are not getting enough protein (at least 1 gram per lb of bw) you will see nothing.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.