The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Maintaining a Tan

Im german and medium skin tone. I Usually burn then tan immediatly after, my mom burns easy, dad tans easy, im half way.

The one thing ive noticed is i lose my tan so fast, im tanned then if I work straight for a couple weeks with little time outside I lose almost all of my tan. I mean is it the fact I shower twice a day or what. Id be alot better if my tan could last more then a couple weeks...

Any advice or insight would be cool

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

try some self tan!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Showering has very little to do with your tan, unless you're scrubbing yourself raw. A tan is your bodies natural defense against the sun. The more sun, the more tan. A couple weeks is a long time to go without significant sun exposure. If you want to maintain a tan between the weekends, join a tanning salon. 2 times a week would maintain a decent tan.
    Last edited by Nuts; 07-27-2005 at 05:28 AM.

I'm of German stock with medium skin tone too. My busy schedule prevents me from getting enough natural sun, so I find 2x/week in a tanning booth builds up my tan, and 1x/week will maintain it.
    Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts
    The more sun, the more tan.

Or the more sunburn / peeling.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    You don't want to ever peel when trying to get a tan. It's a slow and gradual process. My friend was pale and always had a problem with tanning. She would go for 30 minutes to an hour and come back bright red and peeling, then when it healed she was pale again. I told her to tan for 9-10 minutes a day. A month later her skin was golden. She was lookin' good.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Wannabebig Member
    keep in mind too, that tanning continuously is not healthy for u

Not it is not, but the sun helps your body to produce vitamin D.

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    Not it is not, but the sun helps your body to produce vitamin D.
    true! but everything in moderation!

overexposure and abuse can also cause life term damages= skin cancer!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

overexposure and abuse can also cause life term damages= skin cancer!
    Yeah. Skin cancer pretty much sucks.

true! but everything in moderation!
    Too much of anything can be a bad thing.

Wannabebig Member
    I don't know if this matters but.... I'm pretty sure the increased vitamin D causes facial complexion to clear up. Thus sunlight/tan = less acne or whathaveyou.

The less acne side effect is only temporary, I think (don't quote me on that). However, I've noticed a lot of surfers have clear skin because the combination of salt water and sun helps keep the face clear (again, don't quote me on that). That could also just be a coincidence.

sunlight is good for your skin.... but in moderation, like posted above. Too much sun is bad. Sunlight also promotes vitamin D production in the body... im not sure if thats good for you skin or not. I have noticed clearer skin on days when I lay out by the pool after my workout. Too much sun drys your skin out and makes you peel, though.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuts
    A tan is your bodies natural defense against the sun. The more sun, the more tan. A couple weeks is a long time to go without significant sun exposure. If you want to maintain a tan between the weekends, join a tanning salon. 2 times a week would maintain a decent tan.
    A tan is actually the product of significant damage to the dermis.
    The damage which causes skin cancer goes unseen (but it's there!)
    and accumilates (it never goes away). If you still want to risk it, use sunscreen and catch some sunlight during the day. I would highly advise anyone to minimize ANY time spent in tanning beds. The dosages of UVA & UVB are 30+ times higher in a tanning bed then from sitting outside.
    Last edited by largelegsbuthot; 08-12-2005 at 04:03 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hoser813
    sunlight is good for your skin....
    Yes it would have been but in Victorian times.
    You are forgeting that the World is changing every second,
    information from 5 years ago is outdated and no longer accurate in most cases. There is no need to sit out in the sun for health benefits as, there is no way for the normal person who has windows in their house or drives their car to work to avoid sun exposure. In other words, your daily routines give you enough sun exposure for health benefits, anything else you do on top of that like say sitting on your porch for 2 hours and roasting is NOT "good" for your skin.