Thread: Is it ok to train 6days a week 1day rest?

Is it ok to train 6days a week 1day rest?

Im wondering if it's ok to train 6days a week because thats what ive been doing recently and im not getting tired really. Ive noticed if i have 2much time of i get weaker and carnt bench or curl as much or as well and really i want to be lifting more. I sleep for a long time aswell so is it alright to train 6days a week? thanks..

Read the WBB1 routine and follow it. If all you're doing is bench and curl 6 days a week, you'll never get anywhere.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Im doing quite a few things, altogether - Barbell Curls, Concentration Curls, Arnold Press, Upright Row, Clean and Jerk, Sit Ups, Bench Press, Dumbbell Fly's, Overhead Tricep Extentions, Push Up, Deadlift - Are these enough exercises to be getting big if i keep at it which i have been? I suck at the bench though i really wanna find out how to get alot better at that, im pretty good at curling though.

What is your routine for those six days?

Do you do all of those all of your six working days? And where are the squats?

All the exercises ive listed but split up into groups, i think i might be working to many muscle groups to often but it seems to be working im definetly getting stronger, just want to get alot better on the bench.

I dont do squats i carnt lift heavy weight with them because i train at home, carnt seem to get the form right either.

I reccomend doing squats if you can dude, they're important as hell.

As far as benching goes, your pecs arn't the only thing helping your bench. Work your tri's, lats, shoulders...

I'm still not sure exactly what exercises you do everyday...You may be overtraining, but i can't say right now.

k but do you know any good moves to work your lats apart from multi-gym exercises because ive only got free weights and a bench. I also want to know how to get my upper back alot bigger aswell. Im not sure if the exercises im doing will cut it if you know wot i mean... thanks..

Bent over rows will do wonders for your lats.

Also pullups if you can do them.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Bent over rows will do wonders for your lats.

Also pullups if you can do them.
    What he said, for lats and back.

Don't train six days a week- and REALLY don't do it like that.

If you can't do back squats, do front squats, zerchers, overheads, and deadlifts (not all in one day).

Train your chest and biceps less. Train your back and legs more.
    Eat and REST. These are important. These are lessons that I took too long to learn, and I'm paying the price now.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

Mon: Lower
    Squat: 3-4X6-8/3' (3-4 sets of 6-8 with a 3' rest)
    SLDL or leg curl: 3-4X6-8/3'
    Leg press: 2-3X10-12/2'
    Another leg curl: 2-3X10-12/2'
    Calf raise: 3-4X6-8/3'
    Seated calf: 2-3X10-12/2'

Tue: Upper
    Flat bench: 3-4X6-8/3'
    Row: 3-4X6-8/3'
    Incline bench or shoulder press: 2-3X10-12/2'
    Pulldown/chin: 2-3X10-12/2'
    Triceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5'
    Biceps: 1-2X12-15/1.5'

For the thu/Fri workouts either rpeat the first two or make some slight exercise substitutions. Can do deadlift/leg press combo on Thu, switch incline/pulldown to first exercises on upper body day. A lot depends on volume tolerance, if the above is too much, go to 2-3X6-8 and 1-2X10-12
    Try that routine, taken from www.bodyrecomposition.com
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

If you're doing all of those exercises everyday, then you're overtraining big time bro. If you're not doing that though, then cool.

I reccomend doing the routine that manveet suggested. I took that routine and made some changes to better suit me and i've been doing that for 2 months, and i'm lovin' it.

weakness is usually a sign of overtraining and/or poor diet (your muscles lack the energy to move the weight, even though they are technically strong enough to do it)
    fix your routine per everyone's advice, and analyze your diet for defects.

you could do 6 days a week (although i definitely dont recommend it). if you do, make sure it's extremely low volume. you should be in and out in 20 mins max. which seems like a waste if you ask me. might as well go 3-4 times but spend longer in the gym.

also i've read that going to the gym more than two days in a row messes up hormone levels.

one of the best lines i've ever read (by lyle mcdonald) is: dont let your psychological needs over-rule your physiological needs.

something like that.