The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

What kind of blender do you use?

So I got a new blender for my birthday, I was so excited! It was a stainless steel Black and Decker blender, made out of sturdy glass, the works. So I load it up with some ice cubes and some frozen fruit and press the "ice chop" button. Well, it seems to be doing well, but then it pulls more ice down to the bottom and slows down. Not wanting to overwork it, I start using it at 5-10 second intervals, but after about 5 or so trys, it stops working and smoke comes out of the bottom of the motor. The damn blender coulden't even handle a single serving smoothie of ice cubes and frozen fruit.

Does anyone know any good brands for blenders that don't suck? I'd prefer quality over price, since it was a present and I don't mind paying the difference as long as I like it. =)
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    magic bullet

kitchen aid makes a bad ass blender for ice crushing... its like the most powerful one on the market. But really expensive,

heres what i have:
    http://www.braun.com/global/products...owerblend.html

It works good enough for me... I also have a small food processor that I use alot too.

Banned
    I'd recommend the Vita-Mix.
    It's an industrial strength blender that is made to crush ice and uncooked grains and beans. HEAVY-DUTY. My mom has had hers for 5 years and uses it everyday at least 3 times a day. She grinds all sorts of things like uncooked soy beans and ice (she is a health freak!). This is the standard blender for alot of bubble tea houses, and they grind ice all day long. It only takes literally 5 seconds to grind the whole pitcher full of rock hard items. Prior to this blender, she went through 2 domestic blenders a year, and her soy milk kept coming out grainy (at best). The Vita-Mix is capable of turning grains into powder-even good blenders will have difficulty doing that. The pitcher is also twice the size of your standard domestic blender (like your Black and Decker).
    It also comes with a health recipe book, instructional video and a separate pitcher for hot substances along with your standard cold pitcher.

However, the going rate (although cheaper then 5 years ago) is $790 CND.
    Last edited by largelegsbuthot; 08-21-2005 at 07:25 AM.

I dont think theres too many guys out there that can afford 300 dollars for a blender.

Grasshoppa
    Just drop about $50 or so and get a magic bullet...it's awesome.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Shao-LiN
    Just drop about $50 or so and get a magic bullet...it's awesome.
    How long does one of these things last on average?

My family had an Oster blender that lasted for 25+ years with heavy use and all original parts including the rubber ring at the bottom. I finally tossed it because shake had gotten into the machinery so often that it started smoking when I turned it on. Definately a great blender.

I have a Cuisinart food processor/blender now. It works well.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by largelegsbuthot
    How long does one of these things last on average?
    Dunno...had mine for a couple months so far and it's workin great. Quick and powerful.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I wouldn't get a B&D. We had an Oster for like 10-15 years before the motor burnt up on it. So my mom, wnating to make daquiri's w/ her friends, decided to get this B&D Ice Pulverizer(lol some stupid name, implying it could handle a lot of ice) and they used it once and couldn't crush Ice for ****. Took it back and got another Oster Osterizer and we still have it and it's used to my shakes and my mom's shakes almost everyday. Works like a dream.