Thread: tank abbott benched 600

tank abbott benched 600

i just watched the video when tank abbott from UFC benched 600 lbs. did anybody else see this ??
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 08-21-2005 at 03:50 PM.

I've seen it. It wouldn't pass in a meet, but he's definately one strong SOB.

The same way others do it, he worked at it.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

I find this thread extremely amusing. Jeff Abbott is my Uncle's name. Chris Mason is my cousin's name. Neither of them lift though.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Eat and eat and eat and... ThatSkinnyGuy's Avatar
    Powerlifting works, I guess. He sure doesn't have a bodybuilder's physique, if ya know what I mean. He's probably the, or one of the, physically strongest people in the UFC. In the video I got though he doesn't pause and there is definite chest-bounce-action present.

How bout big Bob Sapp? He must move mountains!

Seen him do some mean things to some big guys in PRIDE. Anyone catch his bout with Kimo? Imagine this guy punching you in the back of the head. Just think about it.
    It turns out the answer to every question is still deadlift and eat.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    Err. I'd actually be more scared of a silva beating than a Bob Sapp or Tank Abbott one. Though they'd all beat me senseless anyway...
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

no man ive seen bob sapp and tank fight ,theyre big dudes, sapp was a football player i think but theyre not great fighters, and i bet a lot of the smaller guys in UFC hit /kick harder than both of em. but i aint sayin **** cause theyd both kick my ass

Eat and eat and eat and... ThatSkinnyGuy's Avatar
    Well, physical aptitude helps in a fight for SURE, but I've yet to see a huge dude with dexterity equivalent to that of someone like Liddell or Silva, even Arlovski, but man, he could literally pick one us up and throw them at the others. That's freaking cool.

Wonder what kind of psi is created when someone who benches 600lbs throws a right cross? Could they literally crack a human skull, ya think? Not up on my biophysics like I was.
    Last edited by ThatSkinnyGuy; 08-21-2005 at 04:22 PM.
    It turns out the answer to every question is still deadlift and eat.

If it wasn't in a meet, it has nothing to do with powerlifting.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.