The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

How much do I eat?

How much do I eat when i am trying to cut while keeping my muscles? Do I train differently? You guys say to eat 5-6 meals a day while putting on muscle so how many meals should I eat a day while cutting?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

eat the same amount of meal. Eat less than the amount of calories your body required. No you don't need to train differently

Wannabebig Member
    How do I know how much calories my body needs?

Calculate your BMR, there's a ton of formulas out there to do it. How much do you weigh, height, age, daily activities, etc...
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Take your birthday. Assign it a numerical value based on that day (ie: Jan 1 =1, Dec 31=365). Multiply by 27. Find the square root. And then bite the bullet and track your calories for a week.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    Take your birthday. Assign it a numerical value based on that day (ie: Jan 1 =1, Dec 31=365). Multiply by 27. Find the square root. And then bite the bullet and track your calories for a week.
    :withstupi
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez

That was GREAT. And that is how dumb questions are answered here at WBB.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

i too am curious at what the most accurate way to find your BMR is...

at my club (lifetime fitness) there is this big hype about how they strap a big ole mask to your face and watch you run... (VO2 Max or somethin) and they say that the BMR they give you is the most accurate you can get...

i would never do it because: 1) you need to buy your own mask ($90) 2) its like $150 a session

is this v02 max thing aimed twards serious athletes? why woudl they (or anybody) need it? and why is it SO EXPENCIVE???
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

i guess it is for people who don't want to do calculation?

Yeah you don't need to do that VO2 max crap. I'd venture and say that it isn't necessary to know how many calories you usually eat. To cut all you have to do is just eat less...

I never knew really how many calories total that I'd eat while I was cutting, I could just tell how many less than normal I was usually eating. Uh does that even make sense?
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Banned
    So can anyone answer the question...'How do I figure out my matenince cals.?'

Search google for a maintenance calories calculator..they're everywhere..

type it like this verbatim.. "maintenance calories calculator" "free"

BMR is basal metabolic rate..do not use that..that's the calories required to maintain your bodyweight if you were 100% basal (meaning: motionless) for 24 hours.

Unless you guys have a different meaning for BMR?

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz981
    So can anyone answer the question...'How do I figure out my matenince cals.?'
    Track everything you eat. Find out if you are gaining or losing weight on a weely basis. Adjust calories as needed.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    You could also use www.fitday.com and it's free to use. Just sign up and go into your Home page and click Make my Journal Public, then click on the link above that and scroll down and it tells you your maintenance calories. It's just an approximation though. The best way is trial-and-error method.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 08-23-2005 at 07:42 PM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Banned
    2983.5 does that sound about right for me? 5'5" 155 pounds...

wow, its like 1000 under what you need gutz
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Gutz981
    2983.5 does that sound about right for me? 5'5" 155 pounds...
    I came up with 2951.2, so I think you've got it. To bulk, up it by 500 and see how hat works out for you. Adjust one way or the other if necessary.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

built has a hell of a cutting set check it out.....

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/cal...alculator.htm# - seems like a decent calculator, but I'm not a doctor...i just play one in the bedroom.