Thread: General Question in regards to training and gaining.

Matt04

General Question in regards to training and gaining.

This Question has been on my mind for a while now.

i have been working out for a while but not eating properly. so thus my size gains have stopped and strength is very very slowly coming.

so my question is that when i do start to do a proper formal bulk will i still gain like i did when i started, or will it be very slow.

because ive been training wrong and not eating enough for so long, will this make me unable to gain as much as if i were to do it properly from the start?

i hope u can understand my question and get back to me.

Thanks, Matt

Banned
    My whole life, I never ate enough. Then I started to eat. ~45lbs later, in a year and a half.

You can too.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt04
    so my question is that when i do start to do a proper formal bulk will i still gain like i did when i started, or will it be very slow.

because ive been training wrong and not eating enough for so long, will this make me unable to gain as much as if i were to do it properly from the start?
    For question #1... none of us can tell how quickly you saw gains when you were eating crap and while it depends on several factors I would think during a formal bulk you will AT LEAST see gains that were equal to your earlier attempts. When I decided to do a formal bulk I saw gains far superior to my earlier attempts but my earlier attempts were crap. For my true bulk I was eating like a madman too and had tons of time (it was summer) to lift weights.

As for question #2 I doubt your previous "bulk" will have any noticeable effect on your new attempt.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Just start bulking with good foods..you'll be fine. Gains in size and strength will return.

With the exception of obvious damning actions, such as swimming with sharks, life allows us lots of mulligans. We can recover and prosper with a little discipline and dedication.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Matt04
    this is great to hear guys, thanks.