Thread: Pre and post workout meal, do they count?

Pre and post workout meal, do they count?

Of course they count, lol.

My question however, is that should you count them in your total daily calories, protein, carbs and fat intake or are they excluded from it?

For example I NEED 3000 calories, 250g of Protein and 300g of carbs a day to cut. Should the calories, protein, carbs and fats etc that comes from my pre and post workout meal be included inside the total intake I need to consume everyday or are they 'additional' calories solely for my workout?
    Last edited by Vsire; 08-22-2005 at 11:37 PM.

Yes, count them in your total for the day. If you consume it and it has calories then it counts in your daily total. It's that simple.

Any food that you eat pre/post workout magically disappears from your belly and thus you get no benefit from eating it.

Oh wait a second...

OH YEAH FOOD CAN'T MAGICALLY DISAPPEAR I ALMOST FORGOT!

Of course it "counts". =P
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Vsire
    Of course they count, lol.

My question however, is that should you count them in your total daily calories, protein, carbs and fat intake or are they excluded from it?

For example I NEED 3000 calories, 250g of Protein and 300g of carbs a day to cut. Should the calories, protein, carbs and fats etc that comes from my pre and post workout meal be included inside the total intake I need to consume everyday or are they 'additional' calories solely for my workout?
    They went in your body, didn't they? It's not like they're negated, they're still used.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

if they didnt need to be counted, i think i'd have 2 large pizzas, 3 bags of chips and a large bottle of coke pre and post :P

Squatting in the Curl Rack
    Quote Originally Posted by dissipate
    if they didnt need to be counted, i think i'd have 2 large pizzas, 3 bags of chips and a large bottle of coke pre and post :P

That's what I always have, except that I have two pints of Guinness instead of the coke.

That's what I always have, except that I have two pints of Guinness instead of the coke.
    i haEt you