The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Need help correcting the difference in size of my pectoral muscles...

After working out with a bench press for a decently long period of time I had begun to notice that one pectoral muscle was becoming larger then the other...At first I just ignored it and did some dumbell presses after each work out to try and correct it. But the problem is the difference did not corrected itself and my left pectoral muscle is 2 times the size of my right pectoral. So I decided that I would neglect working out my left pectoral and work out my right pectoral by using a dumbell and doing sets of presses and one-armed butterflies. After each workout my right pectoral is swells to the size of my leeft (one I am no longer working out) but obvisously the swollen look leaves after an hour or so and I am left with once again the differing sizes...

Now after 2-3 months of doing this I have not really seen much of an increase in the size of my right pectoral...My left pectoral is still 2x the size of my right, Note: I have not worked out my left pectoral for quite some time now. To tell you the truth it is rather annoying, well embrassing really to walk around in public with only one pectoral muscles showing from beneath my shirt.

Has anyone here had a problem like this?
    -If so what can I do to correct this....

Honestly any response would be great and very much appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by LaxGuy16; 08-23-2005 at 03:05 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Unless your happy with the size you're currently at, don't even worry about it. They'll even out over time with hard training.

Wannabebig Member
    My size right now is looking decent, but I would like to get bigger eventually but I dont want to continue bulking my chest with such a difference in the size of one pectoral to the other.

When I say one muscle is 2 times the size of the other...I am not exagerating at all, its might even be 3 times the size. The difference is huge, I have talked to my brother about it and he agrees to that I need to find some way to get my right pectoral bigger before continuing the bulking of my chest...

Can you post a pic?

Wannabebig Member
    I might be able to take a pic and host it on a site like imageshack...dont rlly now how to get a picture to show up directly into a post..

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar
    It'll even out.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

Wannabebig Member
    Actually I wont be able to get a picture onto the comp till much later tonight because my digital camera isn't in my possession atm.

Believe me when I say that the difference is visibly obvisous. Most people tell me, "...Wow you should really do something about that" or "Wow thats really bad". The differnce is HUGE and honestly I don't think that its going to even out unless I continue to ISO my right pectoral and neglect to work my left one out.

Does anyone here have any routine using dumbells that you've had good results increasing muscle mass?

Do flies and dumbell bench also some cable flies that will even it out over time. Dont do bb bench to much because that will probably make it even worse. Stick to excersises where you can target each side separetly.

there is a WBB article on it, look it up.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

If it's DOUBLE, then we need a pic...

DOUBLE?

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Wannabebig Member
    i want to see a pic, simply for the sake of it!

if its really bothering you i would reccomend you continue to do unilateral exercises on your chest, focusing on the "smaller" side.

out of interest, have you attempted to do 1 arm db bench with each hand, to see how much strength difference there is between the two?

Is your right tricep stronger than your left?? If so it could be taking the pressure off of your chest.
    Are you right handed?
    Do you puff your chest out enough when you bench?
    I'm not sure you should be training just one side of your body like that. DB's is a good idea, but neglecting an entire side of your chest doesn't sound like a very good idea. Maybe you are just genetically defective.
    I seriously doubt your left pec is going to keep growing bigger and bigger without the right EVER catching up, or growing for that matter.

Some of us are just genetically defective. My spine is crooked and my back sways inward, but i deal with it.

See a doctor if it really bothers you.
    Last edited by muscleup; 08-24-2005 at 02:13 PM.

My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaMAN
    Coool! I second that!! I wanna see.

There's actually a routine where you train one side of your body each day.

1. upper left
    2. upper right
    3. rest
    4. lower left
    5. lower right
    6. rest
    7. repeat.

***Now before you all go capping on me for suggesting it =), i haven't used it and have not yet planned to use it. I just thought it is interesting.

Unfortunately this routine limit you to use mainly machines

here's a list of exercises (to the best of my memory)

1. one hand bench on smith machine (the non-working acts as spotter). Can also try DB
    2. shoulder press/Lateral raise/front raise/cable reverse fly
    3. one hand pulldown/row/shrugs?
    4. leg press/one legged squat/extension/leg curl/one legged calf raise... well you get the idea.

also, u need to make sure u are getting enough testosterone in your body, now im no genius at all the biology stuff but i know (from the minnesota vikings weight training coach personally telling me) that you need testosterone in ur body to make things grow. he said squatting was the best thing to do because it works ur hole body, but u cant work ur right pec so i dono what to tell you, if theres any other way to get that stuff pumping then thats good.
    22 - 5'11'' - 190 lb
    PR's - Squat 350 | Bench 290 | Deadlift 400.4 | BW 203
    P Clean 98 KG | Jerk 106 | Full Clean 106 |
    Philippians 4:13 - "I can do anything through Christ who strengthens me."
    "I'm really impressed with your dedication. I will call it your jedication." - killxswitch
    J O U R N A L !
    TJW

Get bigger, it will all even out.

2x the size, LOL. How does one measure that?

I'm closing this, because the question has been asked before.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.