The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    hmm, I like to be big!!!

Big Bro programs?

Hey is anyone a big brother. I'm a little scared to become one because I'm not exactly the most exciting guy in the world and I was a pretty bad kid in high school. I don't know if a kid would want to spend time with a guy who's current aspirations are to go to Cornell to get a PhD in nanotech/materials science and I'm turning 20.

I'm also pretty poor and Indian (I.E. I dunno if kids if other races would want to spend time with me.)
    Last edited by nejar462; 08-25-2005 at 12:34 PM.
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Are you sure your aspirations dont include running a 7-11 or driving a cab?

Im Indian, so Im allowed

I dont know man, I have thought about it before, but dont think I could make the commitment. I think the point of big brothers is just to give the kid some company, not necessarily spend a fortune. You could play catch in the park or any number of entertaining things. Show the kid how to work out and eat healthy I dont usually have a problem with being Desi, except for that damn Brawl.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

Go for it. I'm sure you could show the kid something interesting from nanotech/materials. As Y2A said, you can always take them to the gym and/or do free stuff as well.

I dont like the big brother program thing. The same thing could happen to you as what happend to my uncle. My uncle ended up with some bastard child that wanted my uncle to buy him stuff all the time. My uncle was very good to him, taking him out to movies, buying him stuff, etc, etc. Well this kid couldnt get enough, and wanted my uncle to buy him a ring to give to his g/f. My uncle said no. Well the kid gets pissed and goes on to say my uncle sexually abused him. It was put on the front page of the local newspaper, and my uncle had to go to court. Definately embarrassed the **** out of him and gave him a bad name. In the end, the charges got dropped of course, but ppl dont just forget about that type of thing. I guess i can't blame the program tho, just the stupid kid.

hmm, I like to be big!!!
    "I dont like the big brother program thing. The same thing could happen to you as what happend to my uncle. My uncle ended up with some bastard child that wanted my uncle to buy him stuff all the time. My uncle was very good to him, taking him out to movies, buying him stuff, etc, etc. Well this kid couldnt get enough, and wanted my uncle to buy him a ring to give to his g/f. My uncle said no. Well the kid gets pissed and goes on to say my uncle sexually abused him. It was put on the front page of the local newspaper, and my uncle had to go to court. Definately embarrassed the **** out of him and gave him a bad name. In the end, the charges got dropped of course, but ppl dont just forget about that type of thing. I guess i can't blame the program tho, just the stupid kid."

O god this really sets me off to the whole thing. I really don't wanna run into a situation like this. People say I have a very threatening look too so it might be even worse...
    Chris Mason is my master.....

American cars are like fat people, sure, they have a lot of power, but they're not built well, and they have all that useless weight, plus they make both make funny noises.

feel free to aim me, nejar462 im on a lot. Don't know much to warn you dudes, but im good at conversations.

Belial in reference to Ronnie Coleman, "Some people say he still has blood in his steroid stream, but I doubt it. Gas isn't one of the side effects, but that massive bloated overly muscular freak of nature circus sideshow appearance might be what tips most people off."

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jAy_Dub
    I dont like the big brother program thing. The same thing could happen to you as what happend to my uncle. My uncle ended up with some bastard child that wanted my uncle to buy him stuff all the time. My uncle was very good to him, taking him out to movies, buying him stuff, etc, etc. Well this kid couldnt get enough, and wanted my uncle to buy him a ring to give to his g/f. My uncle said no. Well the kid gets pissed and goes on to say my uncle sexually abused him. It was put on the front page of the local newspaper, and my uncle had to go to court. Definately embarrassed the **** out of him and gave him a bad name. In the end, the charges got dropped of course, but ppl dont just forget about that type of thing. I guess i can't blame the program tho, just the stupid kid.
    You sure your uncle didn't do it?

I mean, you never know...
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Well the remote chance of that happening shouldnt outweigh your chance to change a childs life.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by nejar462

I'm also pretty poor and Indian (I.E. I dunno if kids if other races would want to spend time with me.)
    Thinking the kids are racist already or something?
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Y2A
    Are you sure your aspirations dont include running a 7-11 or driving a cab?

Im Indian, so Im allowed

I dont know man, I have thought about it before, but dont think I could make the commitment. I think the point of big brothers is just to give the kid some company, not necessarily spend a fortune. You could play catch in the park or any number of entertaining things. Show the kid how to work out and eat healthy I dont usually have a problem with being Desi, except for that damn Brawl.
    Who are you kidding? You'd have that kid watching that devil rock and roll music, trying to pick up CD bitches. And with those intoxicated heathens.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Born -> Ireland, college @ Upenn, Philadelphia. Back in Dublin
    My basketball team did the big bro prog, and i really like it. We were kinda rushed into the assignements so not all of them worked out, but a friend and i work together on his little brother and we are definetly still close. He just flew him out to La for a holiday(plus he's never been out of the north east) where he lives now after graduating.

I believe it is a really good program, esp where i was in west phili. The kids out there have no real positive role models, i dont want to get into the whole race thing but being there to show someone younger that there is more than the little the have if they work for it is not a bad thing.

As for you race, they will probably match you with someone of the same race. Its a maturing thing to see them going through similar situations you went through, and you can pass on advice.

It doesn't matter if you are Mr Perfect, just talking and spending time with a fatherless kid is important to thier development. I was aprehensive about it myself and i got a bad pairing (the kid was turning 17 i was 19) but i'd certainly recommend it.
    Start 7` @ 244lbs. (1/Sept/04) --> Bulked 7` @ 277lbs. (05/01/05)
    Most recent Jan 4th 2007 @ 122kilo(268lbs)
    Bf 14.3% as of 28th Oct 06.

Current/
    Bench 300/
    Dead 455/
    Squat 345/

Quote Originally Posted by PowerManDL
    Who are you kidding? You'd have that kid watching that devil rock and roll music, trying to pick up CD bitches. And with those intoxicated heathens.
    How come you only post when youre drunk?
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!