The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

New ALN article - Your Top 10 Foods for Success

Hi all,

Just like to make you all aware of a new article just gone live on www.atlargenutrition.com.

Article title - Your Top 10 Foods for Success - Written by Anthony Ricciuto

Article intro: - No matter if you are a powerlifter, bodybuilder, football player or just a weekend warrior, your nutritional plan is one of the most important requirements for you to achieve your goals. Proper diet and a well thought out supplementation plan are the keys to your success. Without them you are just spinning your wheels. This article will outline the top 10 foods crucial to your ultimate success in all of your physical endeavours.

The article link is http://www.atlargenutrition.com/top_...or_success.php

Anthony is one of our newest writers. In his day he was a very well respected Powerlifter and is currently a nutritional advisor for many top strenght athletes. You can expect to see a lot more from Anthony in the near future as he is currently working on more articles for AtLarge Nutrition and Wannabebig. More information on Anthony is available here - http://www.wannabebig.com/anthony_ricciuto.php
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? – My Training Journal

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Cool I eat all of that. Not as much salmon as id like b/c its expensive but I get alot when its on sale.=)

very good article, i must start to eat more salmon. i eat everything else on their apart from cottage cheese as i dnt lime any form of cheese whatso ever. i also tend to have more chicken than turkey as my dad owns a cafe and i get chicken breasts for 26p which is very good.
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

mmm... discipline
    yay for sweetpotatoes! They're one of my favorites.

Luckily for me Salmon sashimi is dirt cheap here, so I can have it for lunch and dinner everyday.
    I wish it were easier to get beans here though....they are so difficult to find.
    Wholegrain bread is non existant.
    Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.
    George Herman "Babe" Ruth
    "You must have long term goals to keep you from being frustrated by short term failures."
    Charles C. Noble
    "Aim for the top. There is plenty of room there. There are so few at the top it is almost lonely there."
    Samuel Insull
    There is no shame in going down. The only shame is if you don't get back up.
    Muhammad Ali
    Remember, all we have is what we do in this life... if you're doing nothing, then you're just waiting to die.
    Machine

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    There is a little detail I don't agree with:
    Udo's Ultimate blend is a balanced combination of all the healthy fats including omegas 3, 6, and 9.
    You certainly don't need omega 6 and 9, since 9 are found in abundance (olive oil is 76% omega 9 - oleic acid -), and they key is to rectify the balance between omega 3 and 6 by increasing the 3 and avoiding the 6, we already have plenty of 6...

Grasshoppa
    Well, from what you quoted, that statement is true. Udo's Choice is a balanced combination of those omegas. Whether it balances out your diet is another question. Depending on your own sources of fat, you may or may not find udo's choice an advantageous blend.

But, there was one line that irked me. I have read that there is no such thing as an incomplete protein, yet it was mentioned in that article.
    Last edited by Shao-LiN; 08-29-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

I think chicken should be in there. Drop the potatoes and add the chicken

Quote Originally Posted by rk77
    And add tuna, natural peanut butter, etc. We all have our personal favorite top 10, so that article exists to show 10 very good foods to discover or rediscover.

& nuts. Those could be included with the beans and lentils paragraph.

DJ

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by rk77
    Why drop sweet potatoes? Chicken is a completely different food used as a source of protein, while the potato is a good source of carbs.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

bone crusher
    i definitely agree with having the egg on the list

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruise Brubaker
    There is a little detail I don't agree with:

You certainly don't need omega 6 and 9, since 9 are found in abundance (olive oil is 76% omega 9 - oleic acid -), and they key is to rectify the balance between omega 3 and 6 by increasing the 3 and avoiding the 6, we already have plenty of 6...
    I imagine that some people who prepare their own food might benefit from supplementing 6 & 9. I think the imbalance in most people's diets is largely do to processed food and cooking oils used by restaurants.

Not only that, but, an example, dairy products contain less omega 3 than they used to. In fact, a lot of things that contains minute trace of omega 3 used to contain a very little more than minute trace of omega 3, because of intensive cultures and then the cattle is feeded this and so on.

In a perfect world, we'd also eat not only the flesh, but also the brains and such organs of the animals we kill. Brains are a very high source of omega-3, that's one of the reasons we need it so much.

Carnt belive water is number1. Thats awesome coz its free aswell.

mm salmon is the best.. i eat salmon sashimi for lunch on a weekly basis..
    smoked salmon is good too..
    I don't have time. I make time.