Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major decision.

Major decision.

My mother is trying to open a gym (gymnastics), the bank said that she was pre-oproved for certain amout of money just based on her salary alone. Anyways, that was some time ago, she now has equipment and a gym, the place is ready to open sometime in september. The bank just called and said that she's denied of her loan even thoe she was pre-approved. This is were i come in, i'll be going back to university, i have the first semester basically paid, and if i get a job(will have to) i will make ends meet and finish off the school year without too much trouble. But if i stay at home, and work at my current factory job i might be able to help my mother to pay for gym fees, rent, etc. I will be working my normal job plus at the gym, for a year (i'm guessing) I am suppost to move in this thursday, i have 3 days of work left. So thats 3 days before i have to make a decision. What do you guys think, i'm really at a major loss. I dont want to be selfish, but i was really looking foreward to school and actually socializing with people my age and doing things i enjoy, instead of a ****ty factory gym and little brat's. I'm pretty depressed.
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

She didn't get a signed pre-approval from the bank?

That really blows, man. Good luck with whatever happens. I can't think of anything worse than being in a situation like that (not that this helps)!
    Will she definitely have to shut it down if you don't jump in and help?

You have your future to think about and I am sure your mother can work something out. What does she have to say about what you might do?
    My Journal

Winners are simply people who are willing to do what losers won't.

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

I'm pretty sure that she will not get shut down if i dont help out. It will just be a bigger inconvience. I'm not going to be making that much money, you know wha ti mean. I only get paid 10 bucks and hour. Because all of my money will be going towards the gym i won't even make money for next year's tuition. Maybe if i had a month ot think it over, but i only have 3 days.

I guess she didn't get a signed pre-approval. This part really pisses me and her off, she was pre-approved just by her salary, she's also married to an engineer. It makes no sense for them not giving the loan.

Quote Originally Posted by IdaMAN
    You have your future to think about and I am sure your mother can work something out. What does she have to say about what you might do?
    I will basically run the gym with her, i will have certain amout of kids to coach etc. deal with parents, probably clean the place, plus factory job. All the money i will be making will be going towards the gym.

If she was pre-approved at one bank and now unapproved there will be others lined up to take their place. She can also get a small business loan, if you have some business equity or even equity in your home. Anyways you can always get a loan from somewhere.

I'd also offer to your mom, what you are thinking and see what she says. I am assuming she will tell you to go to school, but I'd let her know you are there and what you are willing to sacrifice.
    Never shall innocent blood be shed, yet the blood of the wicked shall flow like a river. The Three shall spread their blackened wings and be the vengeful striking hammer of God.

I'd just go to school and do your thing. I understand you want to help, but it is ok to be selfish when it comes to your own future.
    My Journal

If you are hurt, go to the doctors. It really doesn't get any simpler than that people.

How much more schooling do you have left?

1 year off isn't going to kill you.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    How much more schooling do you have left?

1 year off isn't going to kill you.
    i would have 1 year left if i went to school. Also i'm thinkign of switching to a different school for animation, which would be another 3 - 4 years, maybe teachers' college. I was also thinking that 1 year wouldnt kill me. The think i'm the most worried about is that my help would be absolutely useless, my mom would be knee high in loans, and so would I.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    I'm pretty sure that she will not get shut down if i dont help out. It will just be a bigger inconvience.

My guess is that she will want you to go to school if this is the case.

If it is going to be impossible for her to pull it off without your help, stay and help. If she will make it without you, go to school. Talk to her and see what she thinks and if she really needs you.
    "We fight our battles, we wage our wars, we settle the score, with honor and blood" - Atreyu

Dontate to my favorite charity!

I would go to school. Sometimes you have to be selfish to be successful.
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

This really depends on how hard they'll have it if you don't help out. It's not selfish to want to better yourself and I'm sure your parents are really happy you're going to college.

But what is a year or two of your life in the long run. So you graduate from college a year or two after you planned. Hell, you might do that anyway if you switch majors, etc.

I would stay and help unless I was absolutely sure they'd make it fine on their own.
    My Progress Pics
    My WBB Journal

"So basically you're asking us how not to be a whiner?" - Anthony (aka funniest mofo here)

"Not to generalize, but most chicks put more emphasis on facial features instead of body. So if you're striking out, you're probably ugly." - Anthony (aka Funniest mofo here)

"This isn't a gay bodybuilding forum???" - Mrelwooddowd

Hey man, just do what you thinks best. My dads dad and his brothers own a garage that my dad and HIS brothers worked at. All the other brothers left except for my dad and he and my pap had to work the garage all by themselves. Then my pap decided he was retiring so my dad is now doing 3 guys work himself. I spent 3 of my summers up there 45 hours a week without pay, I felt it was the right thing to do. You do what you think is right.

is this a small-business loan?
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

update: My mother is saying that she'll be gettinga loan from another bank. So she's already orgonazed my move date, telling me whats what and stuff, lol. So i'm glad for her. I'll be going to school. but i have about a month at school to get my money back (with a small charge) if i need to come back home to work, if it comes to that i'll be going home to help out.

Go to school. 'cause isn't that hot chick where you work gonna be in the same town?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

glad to hear you got things sorta worked out. I'm actually very impressed with the maturity of your deicision to support your mom(or even that it was an option to you, i know many people that wouldn't give a second thought to that). that defines a real man in my book.
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

I personally would have gone to college. But that was a hard decision and I'm glad to hear things have worked out.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I don't see why you were so concerned about it.

If your mom has a job, and is married to an engineer, then the gym isn't something they need to survive. There's no sense in you working for them, so they can have what they want (not NEED..if it was NEED, we'd be staying home).

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Yeah WTF is her engineering man doing? Those guys come out of college with some big a$$ salaries.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    Yeah WTF is her engineering man doing? Those guys come out of college with some big a$$ salaries.
    to make things fair, the dude fathered 3 kids. He pays up to 3grand per month for them, and their mother. This was also aproblem with my student loan. They said i couldn't get a loan because of his salary. The dude ain't my real father, he's not goign to support me, plus he's got kids to take care off when they go to school. The system is messy at time. Gonna have a good talk with the fanacial advisor in the next two weeks, :evillaugh
    Last edited by RussianRocket; 08-30-2005 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RussianRocket
    to make things fair, the dude fathered 3 kids. He pays up to 3grand per month for them, and their mother. This was also aproblem with my student loan. They said i couldn't get a loan because of his salary. The dude ain't my real father, he's not goign to support me, plus he's got kids to take care off when they go to school. The system is messy at time. Gonna have a good talk with the fanacial advisor in the next two weeks, :evillaugh
    life is always messy.. head up man
    6'2" | 215 lbs

B320 S315 D440 = 1075
    The Road to 1200
    I'm always open to suggestions and critique, so stop by and help a brother out!

"Determination is the wake-up call to the human will." - TR

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Nothing 7.62x39 can't fix.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyno Rhino
    Nothing 7.62x39 can't fix.
    Or a 2x4.
    My Journal