Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Owensy's Online Journal

Owensy's Online Journal

I already have a website where I put things down, but I guess that this is a better idea because more people will see it and make comments.
    I am new to weightlifting in general to tell the truth, and I won't post pictures just yet - maybe in 6 months time - because I am too slim (I have a 28 inch waist, and I don't weigh very much as it is). This is a challenge for me. It is important, and is something I want to do. The reason that I came on to here was to get support from people that know what they are talking about.

Training:

I lifted weights and concentrated on my shoulders, back, thighs, abs, biceps, and chest. I am trying to master a handful of pretty common workouts, then I am going to ask the advice of you guys after posting pictures when I have decided what I want to do in particular.

Diet:

I have no idea what the best thing to do is. I am trying to concentrate on proteins, and I am trying to eat more. Today I ate loads of carbs (pasta, bread, etc) - and hardly any proteins to be honest. I am really mad with myself because I ate some sherbert lemons, and loads of chocolate today. This week I have really slipped, and I am dissappointed with myself.

Sleep:

Last night I didn't get to sleep till 4am, and I woke up at about 11:30am, so I guess I had more or less that 7.5 hours sleep. I didn't feel all to good in the morning, and during the day I felt really lethargic and tired. I need to work on my sleeping crap, because its really messed up. I am really stressed about college things at the moment. I am thinking about buying Kalms, which are a herbal sleeping remedy that you can take. I figured if I have to take sleeping pills, then the natural stuff is the best.

Anyways, those are the main three that I will concentrate on. Diet, Training and Sleep. I will add more in I guess as time goes on. Feel free to email me at owensy_boy@yahoo.com. I am always looking for friends with the same interests.

Peace out

Tyler

Welcome to WBB. It'll be good to look at your routine. The link to your website is broken, BTW.

Well I have been a naughty lad I guess lately. I haven't been able to do much in the way of lifting, and I feel crappy. I will definitely get into all of it once my life is a little more sorted. I am sorting out college stuff at the moment, and its a pain in the arse, lol. I have put on weight, which is good. I am filling out a bit more. I am eating properly, and as soon as I can get back into the gym, I will be happy wiv myself. I hope everyone dosen't think I am a flake.

Peace out

Tyler Owens

"Owensy"

Hey, you got to do what you got to do. I always find getting to the gym lets me zone out of daily life for a while. So get back to it when you can.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

returns

Well I definitely haven't done anything that I want to do, so I am well not happy wiv myself. My diet is still good, and I guess I am in good shape, but I want to get back into training again, so I guess its from the beginning again.

Life sucks.

By the way people, I weight about 50kg, and I am 5ft 8". How many calories a day do you all think I am looking at to gain mass with a training routine? I wanna be big !

Talk to you all later. Peace out

Tyler

I'll be here, swinging my legs under my chair, waiting for you to get your butt to the gym.
    My Fitday Journal
    My WBB Journal

"If they didn't overcomplicate things there wouldn't be much to say about lifting anymore though. ..... We do it all the time here, pretty much for the same reasons...we'd have nothing left to talk about." --ElPietro

I have been working out on my own for ages now, and now people, I have joined a gym (hurrah for me I geuss). I haven't ever been a member of a gym before... Lets hope it makes the difference. Today I have my second induction where I am going to go through my routine that they prescribed me, with a personal trainer. I am determined that I am going to become fit.

Energizer Bunnie
    Good luck with it... lets see you take some action and make yourself accountable on here so we can see your progress
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Congrats on the new program and if you post your workouts and questions that you have I am sure there will be many people willing to help out.

hey man don't get discouraged early on with your size, keep at it and you can become much bigger. look at me, last september i checked in at 5'9 115 lbs. now i'm in the 130's, so just make sure you eat whenever you can, and hang in there.
    "It's a good weight... for a small woman." -Dorian Yates

I went to the gym, and I have eaten so much today. I still don't think that i have eaten enough though, so I am going to throw in an MRP, and my extra meal. I didn't look as stupid in the gym as I thought I would. I was aching so much after my work out, but it's got to be one of the first times that I am not aching still at this time in the day, which is a good thing. Maybe it's because I was stretching after my workout, which is the first time I have ever bothered doing stuff like that. I will definitely keep it up if it stops me from getting aches. If anyone wants to checkout my fitday account, it'll tell you all my current weight, what I have eaten, etc.

I added more to my fitday account. It is really kewl, because on there, you can record all the foods that you have eaten and it totals them all up for you. I am a little sore today around my arms. Hopefully its going to go away by tomorrow, or I might have to skip the chest exercises, which I really don't want to have to do. Anyways, wish me luck!! Im off to bed

S**t man, my arms are still sore, and its less than an hour till I have to go to the gym. What am I going to do?

Post your routine and let's see what it is you're doing.

I think that I overdid the ams exercises on Monday. I was doing some bench presses, and I think I must have had bad technique, because where it hurt the most was my pecs: the muscle between the shoulder and breast I think. I think I must have streched them, but they aren't so bad anymore. So when I did my Wednesday workout, I layed off them a little. Is it normal to be sick after a workout? I was sick after I went to the gym on Wednesday.

I got up this morning, and I swear its a blinkin effort. I want to go back to bed... The only think thats keeping me going is that I keep promising myself that I will have a sit in the sauna for 15 mins, or the jacuzzi for the same time. I don't think I will have time to be honest, but I am so tired.

I didn't have time. I thought that I would leave as soon as I could because I had a lecture I wanted to get to on time. You can tell how annoyed I was when I found out that the teacher had called in sick. besides taht I felt really sick after my workout. Apparently when I came home, I was told I looked really pale. To be honest though, I don't think that any of this exercise could be doing me much harm. I never used to sweat. At least I wasn't sick for real! Hurrah! It was a real inspiration looking at other peoples journals and seeing their progress over a period of 7 weeks, etc. Its kept me going. I thought that it would take at least 6 months for seeable results, but if they come quickly - in 7/8 weeks - it will please me a lot. It's crap working your arse off and getting no results.

If youare feeling sick you might want to take a couple of days off and let your body recover. Working out puts a lot of stress on your body.

I have taken a little time off to recover, and I hope to be back to normal as of tomorrow. i am going on holiday soon which is really great, but it means that until March, and can't be really serious about my routine anyways... While I am abroad though, I will just swim a lot, do crunches, and eat as healthy as I can.

Well I'm sure that I've had enough rest, and I am going to back to the gym. I am not sure if I have eaten enough though, so I am going to have another "breakfast" now, and get out to work out for about 1:30 hopefully. I am in a really sh***t mood. What better way to work off anger than a good workout?

When men speak ill of thee, live so as nobody may believe
    them.
    --Plato

Choice not chance determines ones destiny.
    ~Unknown

I thought these were good. I am trying to be inspired...

I went to the gym yesterday and did a full body workout, and instead of feeling ill, it really uplifted me. it wasn't easy though, lol. My chest is feeling a little sore to touch. Hopefully its going to be gone by tomorrow. What do you guys do on your day off? I was thinking that maybe on my days off I should work on upper body strength, because that is going to be where I want to show more results, and its obviously my greater weakness. I could just work with free weights, but I don't want to do too much, incase I end up burning the muscle I am working on to get, and incase I mess up my recovery time. Also, I was meaning to ask, what does a rowing machine do/work?

I would stick to rest and maybe a little cardio on off days. Lifting weights would probably mess up recovery time and lead to overtraining after a while. Just keep intensity high when working your upper body and then give your body adequate time to recover. Remember more is not always better.

That was realy kewl of you to point it out to me. I have joined - don't laugh - a yoga class for my days off sort-of-thing. I think that it would be good because (1) it's not high intensity and (2) I think it will be good for stretching.

I went to the gym today, and the spa afterwards. I never thought that I would enjoy things like a steam room so much, and I feel really chilled out. I think that I will do it often - especially the steam room, because it's good for my skin, and I need to get rid of my acne if I can. I didn't really care too much for the sauna. It was just hot, lol. Is the sauna supposed to be better than the steam room because it's dry heat, and itmakes your sweat more? I have no idea.

Afterwards I went to the health food store, and bought a healthy snack, which mostly consisted of seeds (sunflower and pumpkin). Also I went into the supermarket, and bought some mackeral. Apparently they are higher in EFA's Omega-6 (it might be three, I could have got it mixed up easily). I think that Tuna has more protein in though, so I think maybe I should eat a tin of tuna and mackeral every day. Its only one tin, but it will give me a lot of nutrients that I need.

On my days off I am going to do a yoga routine. I am not sure how I should go about diet though. I read somewhere that when you are considering bodybuilding, or any sport really, you should be eating three hours ahead of whatever it is that you plan to do. You shouldn't eat to make up for lack of something - it should be there, blah blah blah. It's a good book, but a little hard to understand.

NEways, peace out.

Tyler

I would say eating about 2 hours before training would be fine. The yoga class sounds like something interesting to do and will probably be beneficial for you.

The fish you purchased should be a good addition to your diet. As far as the steam room or sauna I really don't know. I would just go with whatever you like or relaxes you the most. Keep up the hard work.