Page 10 of 113 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the grammar better?

I completely agree with the lever preachers.

Have you tried BO BB rows? If you have, how are they working for you?
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I tried them out the workout after I landed a Flair off the top poorly, but my lower back was straining (same reason I didn't do back extentions that day). But yea, I def. wanna try them next back session.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-15-2004 at 11:35 AM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Good luck with the BB Rows
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Monday October 18, 2004
    Chest & Tricep

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • DB Press
      10x50s, 10x55s, 7x55s 7x55s

• DB Flies
      10x35s, 6x40s, 6x40s, 9x35s

• Pushdowns
      10x65, failx70, 8x65, 10x65

• Skulls
      9x60, 9x60, 10x60

• Twists w/ 12lb ball
      50, 50

• Crunches

• Raised Leg Crunches

• Side Crunches
      50:50

Cardio/Activities:
    None

Other:
    Substance stretching.

Comments:
    Though I only made one PR, and did less weight on some of my exercises from the previous session, I still consider this an excellent day.

PRd on the DB Presses, had Zearoth to spot me this time so no wasted energy .

I tried 70 on the pushdowns, but it felt REAL heavy from the first rep. I decided not to kill my tris on it.

Couldn't get in teh dipz after my chest work, too worn out. Threw in some extra sets of Pushdowns and Skulls instead.

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-18-2004 at 09:24 PM.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Excellent session! Let's see some good squat numbers for the legs day.
    My Stats

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlterSh0ck
    • DB Press
      10x50s, 10x55s, 7x55s 7x55s

• DB Flies
      10x35s, 6x40s, 6x40s, 9x35s

• Pushdowns
      10x65, failx70, 8x65, 10x65
    DUDE!! get back in there and KICK SOME ASS!!!!!

good session bro but I know you can do better!!!!!!!
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

Nice pressing and good getting the spot.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Brian: Thanks! Yep, I hope so. And hopefully my legs will be more used to teh squatz, and I can hit in sets with over 200.

Alke: I beg to differ
    Last session - DB Press (8x55s, 7x55s, 7x55s) DB Flies (6x40s, 5x40s)
    This session - DB Press (10x55s, 7x55s 7x55s) DB Flies (6x40s, 6x40s)

I didn't expect to gain much, since my diet hasn't been as good this whole week (still decent though) and I had just made some good gains the past session.

Thanks for the motivation!

Jeff: Yep, the spot really helped me as seen on my first set. I pushed myself too far though on that first set, and aswell took only a short break to my second. Those two elements combined really did a number on my chest... hopefully I can get in constant sets of 8-10 for next session!
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-18-2004 at 10:22 PM.

Nice chest/ tri workout Bro!
    Last edited by BIG C; 10-19-2004 at 12:17 AM.
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!

BIG C: Thanks man

Wednesday October 20, 2004
    Legs and Shoulders

**-----** Weight: 154.75 **-----**

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • Leg Press
      10x320, 10x4pps, 10x5pps, 9x470

• TEH SQUATZ~! (Smith)
      10x125, 8x175, 7x190, 8x200

• Lying Leg Curls
      10x110

• OH DB Press
      10x40s, 7x45s, 5x45s

• Lateral Raises
      7x20s, 7x20s, 8x20s

Cardio/Activities:
    5 min running to school (was late )

Other:
    None.

Comments:
    Teh solidz.

Pulled of 8x200 on the squats (after the leg presses mind you), which I believe is a PR. Threw in a set of leg curls to finish off the hams.

w00t! Up to the 45s on the DB OH Presses! PR.

The gym was closing 60 mins after I got there (more like 50), so I had no time to iso calves. Did get in one killer set at closing time though.

Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-23-2004 at 05:10 PM.

Excellent work on teh squats.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Quote Originally Posted by rookiebldr
    Excellent work on teh squats.
    +1

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Way to go Mitch! Good job on the Dumbell Shoulder Presses! Good Job on the Lying Leg curls, Mitch! Keep it at! Good job! Your of strength is going up! WAy to go!
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Great job on the dumbells Bro!

My journal!

5 min running to school (was late )

HAHAHAH!

Dude, will I see you on Sat?
    Shoot me a PM.
    Last edited by PizDoff; 10-21-2004 at 07:32 PM.

good dbs man
    Beer helped slow down my metabolism.... -ozzyman

Jeff: Thanks man, I'm gonna test myself on 215 next session.

Den Fisher: ^ +1

Lil Josh: WOW! Great reply! Way to go in terms of replying!

BIG C: Thanks. I actually had alot of trouble spotting them up, I was sitting in the Arnold Press position for 10 seconds lol.

Pizdoff: PM sent. Thanks for replying.

BigNic: Read "BIG C:". . Thanks for the reply man.

Saturday October 23, 2004
    Back & Bicep

**-----** Weight: 156 **-----**

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • Pullups
      9xBW, 7xBW, 7xBW, 6xBW

• BO DB Rows
      8:8x60, 7:8x60, 9:9x60

• Seated Cable Rows
      8x140, 8x140, 6x150

• Shrugs
      9x70s, 8x75s, 8x75s

• EZ BB Curls
      10x60, 6x70, 5x70, 4x70

Cardio/Activities:
    None

Other:
    None.

Comments:
    Mediocre back day, great bicep day.

Went down on pullups by 2 reps... either because last time I did it I weighed 8 pounds less, or for reasons unknown .

Could barely grip the DB's for shrugs. Could have pulled out a few more reps if I had better grip.

The EZ BB Curls were totally destroying my forearms. I think my forearms died out before my bi's, lol. I felt sooo pumped after them though. I'm also happy with the weight considering I had low rest and it was done after 13 sets of back.

Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-23-2004 at 05:15 PM.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Ez Bar Curls R the Best Excercise! wow!
    "Geneing Leans Green"

I wannabebig!
    great workout shock... try the straight bar next time and see how you like it.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Nice Shrug Weight!
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Nice workout. I haven't done BB curls in such a long time... I'll stick with DBs for now until I can even out my arms, haha.
    My Stats

Josh: Uhhh thanks.

ryuage: Yea, the results of the thread I made about it was convincing enough. I do expect them to feel a little off at first, but I'll try them out for a few sessions and see how they go. Thanks for the reply!

Josh: Thanks.... why'd you reply twice again? . I thought you don't "care" to check my journal anyways lol.

Chun: Yea my bi's still aren't even, I can pull off 2 more reps with my right. It didn't seem a problem at all during the BB curls though. You should try em, see how it goes.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-24-2004 at 08:24 PM.

Nice back/ bi workout Bro!

My journal!