Page 102 of 113 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 2,526 to 2,550 of 2824

Thread: Is the grammar better?

Hows 5x5 been treating you?

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    It's ok.

I skip class because I live so close to school. If I went to a different school I firmly believe my average would be in the high 80s, lol.

My mom has been gay and not letting me go to the gym last couple days. Today I went.

Feb 24/05

Incline BB Bench
    _ x bar
    _ x 95
    5 x 135
    5 x 155
    5 x 175
    5 x 155
    5 x 155

- Not bad at all. My inclines have always been poop but looks like they are starting to catchup a bit.

Wide-Grip Pullups
    5 x BW
    5 x BW
    5 x BW
    5 x BW
    5 x BW

- Slows negs. Not hard.

Overhead Smith Press
    8 x 1pps
    8 x 1pps

EZ Skullcrushers (/side) SS Rope Pressdowns
    12 x +25 -- 12 x 40
    10 x +25 -- 12 x 40

Lee Haney's Crazy Bicep Shock Workout (EZ-Curls (/side) / 1-arm DB Preacher / 1-arm Concentration Curls)
    8 x +25 / 8 x 30 / 4 x 40
    7 x +25 / 8 x 30 / 4 x 35
    8 x +25 / 8 x 25 / 3 x 30

Overall:
    I have a reason why this workout is so random and stupid: It was Josh's birthday. So I said I'd do whatever he would do. Typically it looked like this. Oh well, I must admit it was kinda fun

LHCBSW was done like this: All 9 sets done one after another, rest only when partner performing exercise.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Well, That is some pretty good inclining for a small girl. Nice one.
    Oh and the Hee Haney bicep routine would work better if inserted in your anus. Give it a shot.

Why don't you go play in traffic, sir.

I did a leg workout, it sucked. Im not posting it. I got 2 singles of 315 on deads .

Feb 28/05

Flat DB Press
    _ x 25s
    _ x 45s
    5 x 60s
    5 x 80s
    5 x 80s
    5 x 80s
    5 x 80s
    5 x 80s

- The last rep of the last set was no less than 5 seconds long. This is my best 5x5, prob couldn't do even 81s if those existed. I'll be heading back down to 70s next week and working back up once again.

NG Pullups
    5 x BW+25
    5 x BW+25
    5 x BW+25
    5 x BW+25
    5 x BW+25

- No belt at the gym. Pretty easy.

Standing Military Press
    8 x 95
    8 x 95
    6 x 95

- Haven't done these in forever. Strength was poop.

Seated Cable Row
    10 x 140
    8 x 160
    8 x 160

Overall:
    I worked out at the new gym, The Pavillion today. Overall I like it, however they have these kinda crappy benches (aside from the fixated incline/military/flat benches). They have so much stuff overall, I might switch here. I would need to buy a T-bar though, as all of theres are crap.

Went to Mcdonalds after and demolished 2 double hamburgers, fries, and a root beer + refill. Gonna have a shake now

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I am cutting, you are eating McDonalds, therfore I hate you.....pressing looking solid though
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Wannabebig New Member
    Is it dangerous to train each part 2x per week, 12-15 Sets?

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredC
    24-30 sets per week is overboard, all you need is 12ish for the larger groups and 4-6 for the smaller, if that.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

Sidior, I eat McDonalds 2-3 times a week and I've lost fat. Gotta love it

Alfred, I do 16 pushing sets (pecs, triceps, anterior delts) and 16 pulling sets (back, biceps, posterior delts) a week. It's fine as long as you aren't taking them all to failure. I do little isolation, aside from calves 2x a week and tricep ISO depending on the workout.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 02-28-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfredC
    Not really dangerous...Just counter productive.
    edit: i assume you're talking about doing 12-15sets 2x per week

Strong DB pressing.
    I know you say you're diet has been ****e, but what are your overall cals at? And what do you guess the averaged while you were 'cutting'?
    Last edited by Stackattack; 02-28-2006 at 10:29 PM.

I have no clue, I haven't recorded in forever. Today was better. 3 shakes (total 2000-2100 cals), McDonalds (total 1200+ cals), 875ml Milk (525 cals), rice, cheerios, some bread, and Alphaguetti. I'll throw in something last minute and this should be 4500-5000 calories, which would be my goal for now.

You have a ****ing intestinal tapeworm, Crip. A TAPEWORM.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

Quote Originally Posted by brickt.
    You have a ****ing intestinal tapeworm, Crip. A TAPEWORM.
    Seriously, wtf? I want to eat that much and be lean =\
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Went to Mcdonalds after and demolished 2 double hamburgers, fries, and a root beer + refill. Gonna have a shake now

....That's all?

Quote Originally Posted by xMeat_Headx
    Seriously, wtf? I want to eat that much and be lean =\
    Even with our metabolisms combined, we'd still get t3h fat on Crippeh's diet.
    Poo is also LBM - The Built

Now that I think about it, I actually lost 20lbs and very little muscle eating McDonalds 2-3x a week. Screw you Supersize Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Now that I think about it, I actually lost 20lbs and very little muscle eating McDonalds 2-3x a week. Screw you Supersize Me.
    :withstupi
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Word.

One last thing: I've decided to cut out the CrossFit to 1x a week on weekends, and only doing the faster workouts (ie Fran). I need to focus on getting back up to my old weight for now, and seeing as I want to gain it fast and want it to be nearly all muscle this means I need my rest and need to keep the volume higher than I would with CrossFit 2x a week. Once I'm back up I'll lessen the volume a tad bit and throw in a second CF day with the regular scheduled workouts

Went and checked out the Track and Field team today. I want to join but they're training seems a bit much and will interfere with my weight training stuff. They do lots of lunges and reverse lunges and free squats, things I don't need to do since I already do this in the gym but with weights (a hell lot more logical for sprinting might I add). I might continue going and purposely slack on those, or just do HIIT and variations thereof myself and join the team like a week before the meet.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 03-01-2006 at 05:02 PM.

strong 5 x 5 DB presses man, 5 lbs away from me sheet i gotta hit the 90's =P why down to 70?
    2000 or bust

I'm with ya on eating the fast food, though my vice is Wendy's. I normally eat two Wendy's Hamburgers and a Spicy Chicken Sandwich every Tuesday and Thursday after BJJ. I've been doing this for quite awhile, and don't really think I've put on much fat at all, though I've gained about 13-14lbs. I'm not saying anybody is gonna get super lean on Mitch's diet, but I don't think you'll get fat like ya think you will.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

[QUOTE=Canadian Crippler]Sidior, I eat McDonalds 2-3 times a week and I've lost fat. I'm Lovin It QUOTE]
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Stump: To give myself some rest.

Chubrock: Yep. I wouldn't recommend my diet while losing weight, but it seemed to work fine for me.

Dave: Haha, you bet!

Feb 28/05

Incline BB Press
    _ x 45
    _ x 95
    5 x 135
    5 x 160
    5 x 180
    5 x 165
    5 x 155

- This was good. 5lbs increase and I had room to spare. Last time ha no room to spare.

Pullups
    5 x BW+35
    5 x BW+35
    5 x BW+35
    5 x BW+35
    5 x BW+35

- Overhand, btw. This is the best I've done too.

EZ Skullcrushers (/side)
    10 x +25
    10 x +30
    8 x +30

- Small gain here once again.

T-Bar Rows
    12 x 2p
    8 x 3p
    12 x 2p+25

- Haven't done these in forever.

Overall:
    Happy with this, gains all around. Diet has been much better but not where I want it to be.

Track left my hips and hams sore as hell and they still are, so I couldn't even do my deads . I was gonna go for track again today but decided I needed to workout and I would have been pooped again. All I want to do is HIIT, practising starts, practising full trials, and form work. The guy wants me to do stairs and lunges and all this crap which is detrimenting my workouts. I'll have to talk to him about it, else quit.

BW+35. **** man you're pulling like 155 lbs.

Thats nuts.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

It seems you incline more than i flat bench now. I remember a time when it was not so. *sigh*
    Good sesh.

Heavy squats make you very fast indeed.