Page 11 of 113 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the grammar better?

Quote Originally Posted by AlterSh0ck
    • Shrugs
      9x70s, 8x75s, 8x75s

Could barely grip the DB's for shrugs. Could have pulled out a few more reps if I had better grip.
    I know the feeling. It's one of the few exercises where I allow myself the assistance of wraps. Nice shruging, I'm going to have to move weight up some now.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    BIG C: Thanks!

Rook: I personally would rather not use straps though. I'd rather strengthen my grip to the extent where it isn't a problem anymore. Thanks for replyin!
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Monday October 25, 2004
    Chest, Tricep & Abs

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • Smith Bench Press
      Warm Up Sets, 10x135, 10x145 6x155, 6x145

• DB Flies
      9x35s, 9x35s, 9x35s, 9x35s

• Pushdowns
      10x65, 8x70, 7x70

• Skullcrushers
      8x60, 8x60, 9x60

• Twists
      35x25lbs

• Crunches
      50 normal, 50 raised-leg

• Lying Leg Raise
      20, 20

• Side Crunches
      50:50

Cardio/Activities:
    Walked home from gym... lol

Other:
    Substance stretching.

Comments:
    PR on the Bench Press! I believe I was doing 4x155 awhile ago. Up 2 reps . I've only used Smith Bench twice in almost 2 months, so I don't think I was quite back and used to it yet. Only reason I did it today was because I had no spotter for DB Presses.

That 155 set killed me, as you can see due to the rest of my chest workout lol. Still pretty happy with the flies; last time I had a super heavy set beforehand, I dropped alot more on them.

I'm sure there's a "PR" with the pushdows and skulls... but nothing I would record down. Up 1 or 2 reps I think.

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-28-2004 at 03:07 PM.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Nice Day! Way to Go!
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Sorry, what does this term 'Substance stretching.' mean?

I wannabebig!
    great workout shock, good job with the presses.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    You should do more then 2 excercises, maybe try some dips/cable chest press/Db Press (learn to do it without a spotter or ask some1 there) only 2 excercises = :/
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Nice work on the bench press!
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

Josh: Thanks

Pizdoff: I heard it here on WBB... I think it's extended stretching. More than just the 10 second arm ringing. I do 16 diff stretches for my full body, held in for 30-60 secs each.

ryuage: Thanks!

Josh: Again? . I usually do as you know and can see from the rest of my workouts, but today I felt too dead. As for the DB Presses, I think it's just a security thing. I must have dropped a 35 on my crotch a few months back or something due to a certain someone not kowing how to spot .

Chun: Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Nito
    Nice Day! Way to Go!
    WAy tO go fOR EnGLIsh!

Quote Originally Posted by AlterSh0ck
    I must have dropped a 35 on my crotch a few months back or something due to a certain someone not kowing how to spot .
    You can thank me for that I think you could have at least given it a shot, unless it was simply impossible. Dips are a good alternative if no one is there to spot you.
    Last edited by Zearoth; 10-27-2004 at 05:55 PM.
    My Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Zearoth
    You can thank me for that I think you could have at least given it a shot, unless it was simply impossible. Dips are a good alternative if no one is there to spot you.
    No, that was a 55 on the ribs. The 35 on the crotch was from Josh at school.

Rofl.

Thursday October 28, 2004
    Legs and Shoulders

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • Smith Squats
      10x105, 10x125, 10x155, 10x175, 10x200, 8x210 (failed on 9; this blew out my legs for the day lol)

• Leg Curls
      10x110

• Leg Extentions
      6x195

• HS Calf Raises
      12x380, 10x430, 12x430

• OH DB Presses
      9x45s, 7x45s

Cardio/Activities:
    Walked to gym

Other:
    Substance stretching.

Comments:
    /pwned teh squatz!~~!`1!1!. Well, for me atleast. Went up 10 pounds with the same amount of reps, awesome!

So I tried a ninth rep, and failed. That whole last set and the failure finished off my legs. I went to the leg press, put on 4pps to warm up, and was totally struggling on the like 3rd rep. Legs were done, so I threw in some leg curls and light leg extentions to top it off.

Called my ride after 1 set of calf raises; only to learn I had to go in 10 mins. Hence the light shoulder workout. I'm gonna compensate for it next session by throwing in some shoulder sets.

Overall a great leg and squat day. Didn't really have a shoulder day .

Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-28-2004 at 03:09 PM.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    You made some good gains! Way to go on the Tons of PRS! Nice Oh Shoulder Presses, those were greeeeeeeeattttttttt! like tony the tiger says.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Nice work on the squats!
    Its all about the journey

My Journal
    Cottage Cheese

How many sets are you doing to warmup your legs when squating?

BTW, excellent leg session. I can relate, I can barely do my leg presses after my sets of squats, let alone walk around. Looks like the Leg Extensions are the only exercises I can compete against you with so far.
    Last edited by Zearoth; 10-28-2004 at 06:35 PM.
    My Stats

Josh: Thanks, and riiiiiight...

txterry: Welcome to teh journal of me! Thanks man.

Brian: The first 2 or 3 sets I listed were warmup... I am slowly moving up in weight right now just to work on form 100%.

The leg extentions weren't fun either, lol. I went down 15 pounds, 4 less reps, and my ROM was horrible. The squats were teh killerz!

Who cares how the rest of the leg workout was, those squats were ace!!!!! Awesome progress. That's how squats are suppose to be done. So intense, you can't do much else.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    now thats a squat session to be proud of!
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

Jeff: Oh, they were intense lol. It's weird, I'm not feeling it THAT much today. I'm still waiting on my gym to get an olympic bar though so I can get in some SLDLs. How hard is it to pull out $45 freakin' dollars so that the gym members can do awesome compound exercises?!?!

Alke: Thanks, but I'll try to keep unarrogant for now lol . I'm hoping that my max will be close to or atleast 250. Then I'll be proud . I'll try my max in a few sessions.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-29-2004 at 06:24 PM.

Yes, try to keep unarrogant.

Saturday October 30, 2004
    Back, Biceps & Abs

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • Pullups
      10xBW, 8xBW, 8xBW, 9xBW

• BO DB Rows
      9x60, 10x60, 6x65, 6x65

• Seated Cable Row
      10x140, 6x145, 8x145

• BB Curls
      10x50, 6x60, 5x60

• Seated DB Hammer Curls
      7x30s, 6:7x30s

• Crunches
      50 normal, 50 raised leg

• Leg Raises
      20, 21

• Side Crunches
      50:50

Cardio/Activities:
    2.5 hours wrestling training
    Jogging/Side Steps/Karaoke Steps - 5-10 mins

Other:
    Free squats (80-90 prob)
    Mixed warmups (20 mins)

Comments:
    Up to the 65s on the DB rows... "booyah baby!"

Tried the BB Curls with the straight bar. These really blow out my forearms! It's also alot harder than the EZ bar, but I DO feel it more. I wanna see what I can do with it before the usual 10-12 sets of back.

Mixed warmups (for wrestling) include: leg raises, leg raise variations, neck extentions, wall jumps, pushups, knee raises, buffalos, free squats, and free lunges. I get pretty blown up for all this, to the extent where it definately helps me cardio wise, leg wise, and ab wise. I'm gonna paste this comment next time aswell, then after I'll just assume my reg. readers () know what I'm talking about by "mixed warmups".

Good overall exercise day. Tired as **** though, lol.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Nice DB Rows
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Nice workout Altershock. The wrestling training musta been hard after the workout. After all that, Id have gone home and crashed on the couch or bed.
    Its all about the journey

My Journal
    Cottage Cheese

I wannabebig!
    nice liftin shock. youll learn to love bb curls... try varying your hand width

Whoops, forgot to say... 157 lbs

Nito: Thanks.

txterry: Thank you. And waddaya think I did? . I'm a little used to it by now... and I know in my mind that it's only going to get worst, so it makes it easier to bare.

ryuage: Thanks. Yea, I had 2 or 3 practise sets with the 40 bar, just trying different hand width and elbow positions. I found something comfortable though... it just feels "new" if you get what I mean.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-31-2004 at 09:18 AM.