Page 113 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113
Results 2,801 to 2,824 of 2824

Thread: Is the grammar better?

Welcome back crippler, your update on the last six years reads a bit, er, more like exactly like mine, 'cept in Canada instead of Texas. Don't worry about lost strength, when I started back again I cramped up and almost died with 155lbs on squats lol.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Thanks fellas.

Tuesday June 26, 2012

Cardio:

:: Elliptical ::
    10 min @ 1 slope 4 resistance
    5 min @ 4 slope 8 resistance
    10 min @ 1 slope 4 resistance
    5 min @ 4 slope 8 resistance

- No rests here, just using the interval mode. Wasn't much of a challenge.

:: Treadmill ::
    5 min @ 3.5 mph
    5 min @ 4.5 mph + 5 degree slope
    5 min @ 3.5 mph

- This on the other hand was a challenge.

Activities/Other:

:: --- ::
    ---

Comments:
    I'm still sore as hell from the full body workout. I might start supplementing with MicroLactin off the bat as I remember that really helped with DOMS. If anyone knows any good products that have come out in the past few years for that let me know.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 06-26-2012 at 08:37 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Wednesday June 27, 2012

Lower:

:: Squats ::
    95 x 10
    115 x 8
    95 x 8
    Wasn't heavy, still just getting used to the movements again -

:: SLDL ::
    95 x 8
    115 x 8
    135 x 8
    Same story -

:: Leg Press ::
    1pps x 12
    2pps x 12
    2pps x 10
    Lactic acid -

:: Donkey Calf Raises ::
    3 sets of 15
    Felt awkward on the spine, not sure I'm built for this -

Activities/Other:

:: --- ::
    ---

Comments:
    I was looking forward to ordering some products from ALN during today's sale... then I saw the shipping costs. Upper is tomorrow or the day after.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 06-27-2012 at 01:56 PM.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Hmph. Looks like I will need to find a new place to workout.

I'm currently on a free trial with Extreme Fitness in Toronto. I have 10 days to cancel for a full refund (as per a consumers act here), or else I'm charged for the full year, so I've made it a point to do some research. I ended up finding this blog which has literally hundreds of negative reviews against the gym.

I present them with this and ask them what their response is to these reviews. "You must be ignorant if you take the word of random people over the internet", to which I replied, "Are you telling me I wouldn't be ignorant if I took the word of the sales manager?" Things continued on like this... i.e. he didn't defend his company against any of the claims, just belittled the nature of random reviews on the internet. With a contractual commitment of $600, there really wasn't much choice but to cancel the membership.

And so I'm off to hunt for a new gym, and thus todays workout is up in the air.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 06-28-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Thursday June 28, 2012

"Upper"

:: BB Bench Press ::
    bar x 12
    bar x 12
    95 x 10
    135 x 3
    95 x 10
    - I had to see how I could handle 1pps... it didn't go very well

:: Incline DB Press ::
    10s x 12
    25s x 12
    40s x 8
    35s x 8
    - These felt much smoother

:: Pullups ::
    BW x fail
    - Yeah, I couldn't do one pullup today rofl. Forearms cramped up instantly. I actually did 10 during the full-body workout a few days ago. At this point I decided to ditch upper and go with just push

:: Standing BB Press ::
    50 x 12
    70 x 8
    70 x 6
    - Weak but felt smooth

:: Cable Crossovers ::
    30(x2) x 6
    30(x2) x 6
    30(x2) x 6
    - Fucking pulleys broke after set 1 so I couldn't change the weight. These were pretty tough and my form was awful

:: Seated DB Lateral Raise ::
    8s x 15
    15s x 12
    15s x 8
    15s x 7
    - Got a question about this in the comments section below

:: MTS Chest Press ::
    20(x2) x 8
    20(x2) x 8
    20(x2) x 10
    -

:: V-Bar Pushdowns ::
    40 x 10
    40 x 8
    30 x 12
    - Someone fixed the pulleys!

Activities/Other:

:: Warmup ::
    Treadmill - 2 mins - 2.5mph
    Treadmill - 3 mins - 4.5mph

:: Cooldown ::
    Rower - 3 mins

Comments:

I ended up at an old gym in my old area. Got in pretending it was my first time which deems a free day pass. One thing I miss about that trial gym though: the cooldown room.

A question regarding Lateral Raises: I noticed it felt more natural to do the motion with an underhand grip as opposed to the usual hammer grip. Is there anything wrong with doing them underhand?

Tomorrow is pull.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 06-28-2012 at 10:29 PM.

My lateral raises are done overhanded as opposed to underhanded, mainly a matter of personal style and what's more comfortable to you - best to vary 'em and see what you like most.

Sessions are looking solid. Good luck settling into a new spot to lift at.

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    Wow another old guy returns. This thread is a like a who's who of old school WBB
    thats fsho, though a few of us have changed our names like Belial and myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler View Post
    - Elliptical: blah blah blah blah

~3 minutes rest

- Treadmill: blah blah blah blah
    jesus christ man, your first workout log and it's all cardio? WTF??

good to see you back.
    Jake Sullivan
    6' - 280lbs - 29yrs old - Professional Highland Games Athlete
    curently off-season
    HG training log = road to pro
    youtube channel = www.youtube.com/xtra0t

Cardio bunny. Ha. Good job getting back into it.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Good to see you back at it. Since you're a semi-adult now im wondering what you do for a living??

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Terry - Thanks bud, I'm still on the prowl for a new gym .

Jake - Heh, I'm gonna be training like a bitch compared to before, at least for the first little while

Chubs - Congrats on the new wifey brah. Didn't catch that post before.

Pat - As of right now I'm unemployed and plan to be until September; I was at UofT this past academic year. Before that I worked in real estate as an assistant agent selling new homes. Come September I'll be focusing part-time on building a film portfolio, part-time on landing a new job (still got the assistant agent gig open if needed).

Saturday June 30, 2012

Lower

:: Squats ::
    bar x 12
    95 x 10
    135 x 8
    135 x 8
    135 x 8
    - Form was better than last time, stability was stronger, and weight was far easier to move around. The only issue now is flexibility; I can't get ass-to-floor without my lower back rounding significantly.

:: Leg Press ::
    1pps x 8
    1pps x 8
    1pps x 10
    - This felt fucking awkward. The last set was far easier and smoother than the first 2 though, so I'm sure time is the remedy here.

:: SLDL ::
    bar x 10
    95 x 8
    135 x 8
    135 x 8
    135 x 8
    - Form is just too important here. Keeping it nice and light until I'm confident with it.

:: Seated Leg Extensions SS Seated Leg Curls ::
    20 x 12 / 20 x 12
    30 x 12 / 30 x 12
    30 x 12 / 30 x 12
    - The gym was closing so I had to sneak this in quick. The leg curls used to instantly cramp up my hamstring and the extensions never felt great on the knees. I'll be keeping these light for several weeks just to make sure that isn't a problem once again.

Activities/Other:

Rower - 2:30 - default resistance
    Stairmaster - 2:30 - default resistance

No time =(

Comments:

Hit up a day pass at this pretty hardcore, old school gym just 5 minutes north of me. Lacks the fancy extras the other gyms I've tried had (cold room, tanning salons, steam rooms, towel service, etc). I'm actually considering signing up to the scam-fest of a gym again, just for access to the cold room. It's that good after a workout.

Kept things light so nothing was to failure here. My endurance on the squats/leg press were awful however; while I could have added more weight I'm not sure I could have added many more reps.

Pull today or tomorrow, then I'm gonna lay out a proper routine.

------------------------------------

As for some goals: My 24th birthday is in late January. By Feb/2013 I want to be:
    - Pushing 2pps for 3RM
    - Squatting 3pps for 1RM
    - Pulling 4pps for 1RM

This is roughly where I was at during my peak.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 07-05-2012 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JSully View Post
    thats fsho, though a few of us have changed our names like Belial and myself.

jesus christ man, your first workout log and it's all cardio? WTF??

good to see you back.
    Oh shit, youre little Jake? I remember you now. I see you in invains journal and never knew where you came from.

Crip - I'm interested in seeing how fast you get back to your old levels. I too quit lifting for like 2 years after giving in to some other temptations. It's kind of frustrating at first but the strength and size comes very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Bako Lifter View Post
    Oh shit, youre little Jake? I remember you now. I see you in invains journal and never knew where you came from.
    my reputation preceeds me? lol

yeah, I switched my name a while back, in 2009 or something like that. I started keeping a log again in 2010, though I only update once or twice/week. Goals are way different than they used to be, mainly focused around Highland Games, Strongman and Powerlifting whereas before was a lot of strength and bodybuilding shit. Definitely alot more fun to train the way I do now. Though I'm either getting old or I just beat myself up more with the heavier stuff, because I feel awful all the time. hahaha
    Jake Sullivan
    curently off-season

That cold room you speak of must be beast, I'd definitely be going for the convenience with the hardcore gym, can do without the so called extras these days. Go for what you need most and see fit.

On another note, may want to clean out your mail box on here, no room to send this note, I saw your post in my journal:

Do you isolate hams at all in this routine? I noticed it's mainly just squats/presses
    my answer is this, I have actually been skipping hams among other things the past few weeks, but that won't always be the case. Good catch Mitch.

Bako- Yeah I hope so, thanks. I can feel the strength coming back on some movements, but without a proper diet yet the size gains will be a coin toss.

Jake - You're getting old.

Coke - Thanks for pointing that out, I've cleared some space now. The good thing about the cold room gym is that it's also pretty hardcore, so I wouldn't be sacrificing much if I sign up there. The only sacrifice would be my dignity, considering I know that they are in the business of misleading people through tactics comparable to that of a used car salesman.

Sunday July 1, 2012

Cardio

:: Treadmill Intervals ::
    Interval 1: 2:00 - 3.5mph @ 4.5 slope
    Interval 2: 2:00 - 5.0mph @ 4.5 slope
    Total time: 15:00

- This was quite tough and really shouldn't be. I'll say it's an improvement though, it's comparable to last sessions workout and I felt less tired from it.

Activities/Other:

Stairmaster - 3:00 - default resistance

Treadwill - 2:30 - 2.5mph @ 4.5 slope

Comments:

I actually wanted to do pull today however I only had 25 minutes until the gym closed.

Monday July 2, 2012

Upper (pull)

:: Pullups ::
    BW x 3
    - I have no idea how I pumped out 10 @ BW my first workout back. I felt pretty fresh here, yet there's the result.

:: Pulldowns ::
    70 x 10
    90 x 10
    100 x 8
    - In place of the usual pullups

:: Standing BB Rows ::
    bar x 12
    95 x 10
    95 x 8
    95 x 8
    - Using a supinated grip now which always felt more natural, as opposed to pronated as I did last week. Still getting used to this movement, particularly the balance/strength involved in staying bent over without it intruding in the quality of the set.

:: T-Bar Machine Rows ::
    +25 x 8
    +25 x 8
    +25 x 8
    - Felt fucking weird. I'll be re-evaluating this movement, I always felt that the inability to use my lower back for a bit of momentum caused my biceps to completely take over. This felt like that.

:: Wide-Grip Pulldowns ::
    70 x 10
    80 x 8
    80 x 8
    - No idea what else to do need to be more prepared moving forward!

:: DB Shrugs ::
    45s x 12
    55s x 10
    55s x 10
    - Tried 1 set with the barbell first. Shoulder was already saying no after the first rep. Same story when I was in the game before too.

:: EZ-Bar Preacher Curls ::
    50 x 4
    - The joints in my wrist were getting a better workout than my biceps, so that was that.

:: Standing DB Curls ::
    25s x 5
    20s x 6
    - My left arm is about 2 reps weaker than my right, rofl. I had almost corrected this at a point, sucky to see it's back to square one.

Activities/Other

Stairmaster - 2:30 - default resistance
    Stretching routuine

No time =(

Comments

Workout was cut a bit short as the gym closed 2 hours earlier than usual. I have a couple questions for y'all:

1) I have a multivitamin here that I bought about 6 years ago. It expired around 3 years ago. Is there any point in using it still? I don't mind if a few vitamins/minerals are "inert" if the rest are still fine to take. Also, any health implications?

2) I have minor pectus excavatum. Now that the muscles have drooped off, I can see it's the main reason why my chest always seemed so poorly developed. Is there a way to effectively overdevelop chest over a long period of time? I know I could just focus on working chest for several months, however I'm going to guess that once I start working the other muscle groups significantly too, they will catch up over-time and even out. Is there any way to avoid this? I want to maintain over-development of chest/tricep muscles, without having to consistently lessen the development of other muscles to maintain it.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 07-03-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Pull day work is real nice, digging all the cardio too.

How does your split lay out?

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Ideally it's:

Upper (push emphasis)
    Lower (pull emphasis)
    Rest (cardio)
    Upper (pull emphasis)
    Lower (push emphasis)
    Rest
    Rest (cardio)

Same routine I used when at my peak before.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 07-04-2012 at 05:46 PM.

Any future goals, or are you just trying to get back into shape?
    Best lifts: 615/475/660, Raw w/ Wraps
    http://www.youtube.com/user/invain622002

Alright lads, haven't updated this in about a week. Hit up a gym inside of my buddy's apartment building twice this week. One upper, one lower, but nothing worth nothing since the equipment there is crap. I'll be back at a normal gym tomorrow I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Invain View Post
    Any future goals, or are you just trying to get back into shape?
    Mostly looking to add mass.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 07-09-2012 at 01:34 AM.

The multivitamin will depend in the half life of what's in it. I would just look it up for the main ingredients.

Good stuff. Glad to see you back at it.

Gonna be a filmmaker, eh? Sounds like a good time!

5/3/1 Journal

Mostly looking to add mass.
    MOAR FOODZ, LESS CARDYOZ
    Jake Sullivan
    curently off-season

Work out you lazy bastard!
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Oh yeeeeeeah, this forum. Whoops, I gotta stop ditching out like this. I keep forgetting how much I love the gallantly obscure personalities on here. .

Well I got an update for you lads, and it's not that I've been slacking. Ended up on an impromptu trip about a few days after my last post. Things kind of spun off from there and I haven't been settled in one place for more than a small amount of time since. Due to excessively large data roaming charges by our wonderful ISPs over in Canada (by wonderful, I mean disastrous) I haven't seen the point in updating any workouts as it would be rather arbitrary. All that said training and diet has been going alright. Added about ~8lbs with minimal amounts of fat. Can't complain considering I never went to the same gym more than a handful of time or ate in the same town more than a couple handfuls of times. Strength is hard to determine, kind of been drawn out / hungover almost every time I've worked out unfortunately. Yes that will stop.

Today however I write to you (the few that are actually reading this... hey how's it going!) from back at home. I suspect I'll have the gym and such settled here in about 2 weeks. I'll be updating this journal again at that point.

Cheers and hope the iron has treated my brothers well.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 04-10-2013 at 08:35 PM.

It's been more than 2 weeks..

5/3/1 Journal