The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 12 of 113 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    157!!!! w00t!!! Keep packing the meat on, Mitch.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

STOP CHANGING YOUR NAME!
    Confusing!

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Jeff: You bet! My goal (166 by Jan 28) should be easily met.

Pizzzzzzzz: Lol, I'll stick with this one!................. for 2 weeks minimum . Promise.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 11-01-2004 at 09:17 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Monday November 1, 2004
    Chest & Tricep

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • Dips
      14xBW, 15xBW, 14xBW

• DB Bench Press
      10x50s, 7x55s, 7x55s, 7x55s

• DB Flies
      9x35s, 9x35s, 9x35s, 8x35s

• Skullcrushers
      10x60, 10x60, 9x60

Cardio/Activities:
    None

Other:
    None

Comments:
    Went up 2 reps on dips from last time I did them... I'm also 8 more pounds .

No other PRs... actually went down on the DB Presses, . I don't seem to be making much or any gains in my chest, I'll have to see if my new routine (4 day; starting next tuesday) will compensate it.

Up a rep or two on the skulls.

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Nice dips, better watch out SUPRISINGLY i am catching up to you on db presses, flies, and skull crushers, u ionly got 5-10 pounds on those excercies But nywayz, sorry for my bragging, nice session d00d!
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Quote Originally Posted by Nito
    Nice dips, better watch out SUPRISINGLY i am catching up to you on db presses, flies, and skull crushers, u ionly got 5-10 pounds on those excercies But nywayz, sorry for my bragging, nice session d00d!
    That's not bragging, you're huge!!!
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

Good work on the dips. I find it harder to do the next exercise after some good sets of dips
    Its all about the journey

My Journal
    Cottage Cheese

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    am I in the right journal?

I change my own routines every 8-12 weeks.
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

I wannabebig!
    maybe you need to eat some more I find it always helps with strength. hehe

Josh: K... its on bruh 8)

Chun: Lol.

txterry: Yea, I did feel a little fatigued after em. I wouldn't count on that as an excuse though.

Alke: Yea... Let's see what happens my next chest session. I'm hoping to make some solid PRs.

ryu: I'm eating 4000-4500 cals a day, lol. I don't think food is the problem. Also, I am making great gains on legs, back, shoulders, triceps... everything besides chest. Not much gains on bi's either, but still some.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Nice session "bruh" , send ur wrestling vid now
    Last edited by Nito; 11-03-2004 at 05:52 PM.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

I thought you worked out today. *waits for post.

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

I did

Wednesday November 3, 2004
    Legs, Shoulders & Abs

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • Squats
      01x125, 10x155, 10x185, 10x200, 9x215

• Leg Press
      10x3pps, 10x4pps, 10x380

• OH DB Presses
      7x45s, 7x45s, 5x45s

• Lateral Raises
      6x20s, 9x20s

• Crunches
      50, 50

• Leg Raises
      25, 26

• Side Crunches
      50, 50

Cardio/Activities:
    None

Other:
    Substance Stretching

Comments:
    Hmm, light day.

Seem's everytime I start a shoulder workout I have to leave 10 mins later... . Set's were rushed!

NEW PR ON SQUATS!!!!!!! Up 5 pounds and 1 rep from last session... booyah baby!

LP felt heavy, even the 4pps. Everything feels heavy after squats, lol. I think I coula done more on the LP though, might as well find out next time .

Went up a rep or two on lateral raises, and a rep I think on the OH Presses.

THESE ****ERS AT MY ****TY ASS GYM WONT BUY A ****ING $45 OLYMPIC BAR! IM GONNA KEEP ****IN COMPLAINING TO THESE ****HEAD MOTHER****ERS UNTIL THEY ****ING LISTEN! **** THIS IS FRUSTRATING!

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 11-05-2004 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    booyah baby!

THESE ****ERS AT MY ****TY ASS GYM WONT BUY A ****ING $45 OLYMPIC BAR! IM GONNA KEEP ****IN COMPLAINING TO THESE ****HEAD MOTHER****ERS UNTIL THEY ****ING LISTEN! **** THIS IS FRUSTRATING!
    Comments and critique welcome and appreciated![/INDENT]

Well said.

Replace the word "gym" with "community centre where retired people like to exercise" and I'll agree with you 100%.
    My Stats

Damn those squats are looking awesome. I may /pwn you on leg press but you're going to /pwn me on those squats by Jan! Nice going.

Dayaaam on the squats .. 215!
    Nice work on the Press too.
    Its all about the journey

My Journal
    Cottage Cheese

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zearoth
    Well said.

Replace the word "gym" with "community centre where retired people like to exercise" and I'll agree with you 100%.
    LOL

Nice Squats, you go up every session! >.<
    "Geneing Leans Green"

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    I'm eating 4000-4500 cals a day, lol. I don't think food is the problem.

now your talking my language!!

squats are KILLER bro'! your making awesome progress.
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

Chun: I know, lol. We'll all drive down to a REAL gym once we get our licenses (1 year?).

Jeff: Lets hope! My unwritten Jan goal for squats is 8x245

txterry: Thanks! If you look at my LPs from page 8 or 9 lets say, you'll see I usually push up 8x470... those squats were killer though!!!

Josh: I know, lol. Can't say the same for chest though -_-

Alke: Lol, does this language contain any other words besides "squat" "dead" "bench and "eat"? . Thanks for the motivation!
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 11-04-2004 at 05:57 AM.

I wannabebig!
    great leg workout, keep it up.

Enjoyed your wrestling clip highlight dude.

ryu: Thanks!

Pizdoff: Lol, thank's. Took me forever to get it up... like 45 mins in the communications class.

Well Zearoth the curl jockey ditched me today (even after I called him before he went), so there goes today's workout. I dunno what I'm gonna do tommorow.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 11-05-2004 at 05:46 PM.

Do you want an apology? What do you want me to say?
    My Stats

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Well Zearoth the curl jockey ditched me today (even after I called him before he went), so there goes today's workout. I dunno what I'm gonna do tommorow.

I don't think that offensive insult is needed.
    "Geneing Leans Green"