The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 21 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Nice stuff young man!

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Nito:
    Yes this is why I like to have a shake before my workouts, because of the high level of sugars in the weight gainer and in milk.
    Yeah I like to shake it and dance before working out too.
    People look at me funny in the gym though, I don't get it.
    Last edited by PizDoff; 12-14-2004 at 09:47 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    l1ke u r such a s1lly g00se!!./`!11!!!

You should see the look on some poeples faces when I do my plyo's, there so confused you'd think I was an oldman with a hard on or something .

I was just looking back at less than 2 months ago, where I was doing 8x200. Now I'm at 6x235 with better ROM, it's nice to sometimes look back like this and enjoy the progress .
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 12-14-2004 at 10:41 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Leg looking strong. You'll get even stronger, when you start using the power rack.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

nice w/o there Ccrippler.. on those plyo's you did a lunge walk for one mile.. thats pretty impressive....
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

CanadianHomer:
    Thanks, and let's hope man. I have a feeling tha using it is going to be a hasstle, I can imagine all the scrubs doing BB Curls and what not in them. I think it would be great if they made a rule where you could only dead, squat, press, lunge, and row in it .

lilmase:
    Welcome, and LOL, I wish buddy. I did 1 lap, and 13 laps = 1 mile. So 1/13th of a mile, . It's probably about 70-80 lunges or so.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Nice go at the squat max man. I'm sure you'll get it next time. What was your reasoning for squattin on a Smith Machine instead of in a Power Rack.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

His gym doesn't have one yet.

You should see the look on some poeples faces when I do my plyo's, there so confused you'd think I was an oldman with a hard on or something .
    lol

As I've said before, you're progress is amazing. 255x1 for squats, ace!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

THEY GOT THE POWERRACK!

Chubrock:
    Hehe, next time I'll be squatting with 25s to get my form down . Reasoning, read above.

Pizdoff:
    Muahahhaah, you are wrong. .

Jeff:
    ROFL, I'm not sure what that 'lol ' is trying to insinuate but I'm pretty scared now . Thanks for the kind words man, let's hope I get 1x300 by the end of the school year in the POWER RACK.

Welcome to my journal, and LOL, I wish buddy. I did 1 lap, and 13 laps = 1 mile. So 1/13th of a mile, . It's probably about 70-80 lunges or so
    oh good cause i was starting to think you were'nt human good luck with the power rack.. you will soon learn to hate it
    Last edited by lilmase1153; 12-16-2004 at 01:07 AM.
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

*didn't I meant to say

lilmase:
    When you said "impressive" I knew you had a misconception, lol. BTW, its actually 22 laps = 1 mile, arf .

Pizdoff:
    Neck stuff is much help, thanks!
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 12-16-2004 at 06:35 PM.

Thursday December 16, 2004
    Chest/Tricep/Abs

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • BB Bench Press
      10xbar
      10x135
      5x165
      5x165
      4x165
      6x155
      4x165

This was done in the new power rack at the gym. I went down 2 reps, which makes me a little iffy. Not sure if it was a bad day, the new enviroment, or maybe the weight's a bit heavier there. We'll see next chest session!

• Flies
      10x40s
      7x45s (+2R)
      7x45s

Sweet! These are 2 reps PRd from FRESH flies! I was usually doing 6-8x40s after bench, so +10W was quite a happy moment.

• Dips
      10xBW
      7xBW+10
      6xBW+10
      4xBW+10

Last few sessions I have had a few hour break between bench/flies and dips, not anymore though. I'm guessing that's the reason for the rep loss, but again we'll see next session.

• Pushdowns
      8x75 (+2R)
      33x45

New PR, and did a 33 rep drop set with 45. Was pretty dumb, didn't really feel it well at all.

• Crunches/Leg Raises SUPERSET

------------------------------------
    (+R) indicates increased reps.
    (+W) indicates increased weights.
    Red and bold indicates PR.
    Light gray on set indicates warmup set.
    Light gray on exercise indicates it's still not done
    ------------------------------------

Cardio/Activities:
    None

Other:
    None

Comments:
    Next session is mentally being hyped in my mind.

Finally set my diet to 5000. Hit over 5100 today with 200g fat LOL. I'm breaking my ass trying to get the protein up, I'll see what I can do next time at the grocery store. Hit up my fitday for more info (sig).

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 12-16-2004 at 11:13 PM.

Ah, yeah I remembered now, that was where I got my neck conditioning from, good stuff.

What's with the high chest volume and low tri work?

Anyways, nice work on the pressing. Yes, I didn't gain nor lose anything on the powerack there. Must be the new bar or something. Felt a little off for me too.
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

Zearoth:
    9 sets chest, 6 sets tris. What's wrong? I know you consider dips as chest but it's more tricep man, especially if you stay very upright.

Thanks, and it felt just heavier as opposed to off. I dunno, next session I'm going to listen to some Rammstein before I go and set myself up well mentally, because maybe that was the problem (for both of us). It could be that when Belo, Vultaggio, and Levi are watching I try to push myself much harder, atleast thats what mr. baseball told me.

hey congrats on the 5000 calorie diet... sounds intense. what kind of food are you eating ot get so many calories? anyway, i wouldnt bother with so many sets of chest... if you want to get your bench up, work on your triceps and back more. i only do 3 sets of heavy bench per week and my bench is already up to 255.

5000 cal diet...

Tell me how do I do that??? beside the normal motto of eat.

Session looking well.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Like the session...the multiple sets on the bench press is nice - almost 5 x 5

I wannabebig!
    chest session looks good, just go in next time even more determined

nice session crippler... and yes it is still impressive even though its not a mile cause that would be just plain silly :-) now go tear your chest a new one
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Well well....looks like CC's tryin to catch me lol. Great session man. That diet is insane. I'd never be able to eat that much. You'll catch me in no time with sessions like that and the way you're eatin.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

debussy:
    Yesterday it was killer but I'm already at 3k today with over 6 hours left till sleepy time, .

And yes, I have been really trying to get my shoulder and tri strength up ever since reading multiple threads and articles on how that is many people's biggest weakpoint, bench wise. I'll consider lowing the volume aswell, but do you train chest once or twice a week? Thanks for the reply!

CanadianHomer:
    2 shakes, each 950 calories . Peanuts help, though I try my hardest to get to 5k without them since my fat gets REALLY high. Thank's, I had 11 hours of sleep last night and my chest is still feeling pretty crazy.

CoCoa:
    Yes, almost. I would have been happier with 1x7 even if the rest were @ 5 or 4, but it was ok I guess.

ryu:
    Uh huh, that's the plan for next time. I don't really know what I'm fussing about, even if determination wasn't the problem 2 reps isn't a big deal. I guess I'm just picky, .

lilmase:
    I don't even think a mile is possible lol. Hmmm, that's my new long-term goal. Lunge for a mile . Thanks for the reply.

Chubrock:
    Yes, it is heh. Funny thing is I think I could do even more, but the shakes I have are high in sugar so I don't want to go even more overboard. Maybe if the next weightgainer I get has a better source of carbs I'll try 5500.

Today is deads, maybe I'll even out with you on that in a few sessions... though I doubt it.

CanadianHomer:
    2 shakes, each 950 calories . Peanuts help, though I try my hardest to get to 5k without them since my fat gets REALLY high. Thank's, I had 11 hours of sleep last night and my chest is still feeling pretty crazy.
    Which shakes do you use???

The only one that's possible to create a 950 call shake, that comes to mind, is N-Large-2.