The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 113 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Tuesday August 10, 2004
    Bicep, Back

Workout:
    setsXrepsXweight
    • Concentration Curls
      1x10x30s, 1x8x35s, 1x4/3x40s (4 with right, 3 with left)

• Seated Hammer Curls
      1x8x30s, 1x9x30s

• Cable Curls
      Warm Up Set, 1x10x75, 1x5x80, 1x6x80

• Preacher Curls (Machine)
      Warm Up Set, 1x6x80, 1x5x85

• Seated Cable Row
      1x10x120, 1x7x135, 1x4.5x140

• Seated Row (handles)
      Warm Up Set, 1x10x115, 1x6x130

• Vertical Pulldowns
      1x10x105, 1x5x120

• Shrugs
      1x10x45s, 1x9x55s, 1x5x60s

• Pull Ups
      1x8xBW, 1x3.5xBW

Cardio:
    3 hours wrestling training

Other:
    16 sets substance stretching, held in 1:00 to 1:50 for each.
    5 sets light stretching, held in :10 to :30 for each.

Comments:
    Solid Day.

I woke up early and brought my dog to the vet, and did some groceries with my bro. Finally, got stacked up on the meats, dairy, and fruits!

Good reps today in my sets, unlike the past few workouts. I can now use 40's as "heavy sets" if I do these sets in the beginning of my workout. Hey, its improvement!

I read the thread I posted about this routine after I did it, and apparently it's too many biceps. I'll try to cut back on that and higher up on the back sets for next time.

I ****ed up the order on my sheet; this is not the order. My pattern was one exercise that focuses on biceps (EXERCISE, including all sets in it), then one that focuses on back. Ofcourse, doing this until I was done. The pullups were done at the end. I'm going to post a full routine, to get a good critique and edit it accordingly.

I'm not posting diet anymore; it takes me way to long to jot it all down and find the calories and protein (online or in house). I am however still making sure I eat as much as I did before (and more), just now cleanly. Had lots of meat today, orange juice, some fruits, and yogurt. That's "cleaner" I suppose.

Again, wrestling training wasn't really "cardio". Lots of mat moves, top rope moves, and others today. Not much chain wrestling and running the ropes (the 2 things that freakin kill your energy in 1 minute).

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-14-2004 at 05:51 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Wednesday August 11, 2004
    REST DAY

Went to this trade show with my uncle, so didn't hit the gym today. Also, my back was hurting from yesterday's training so I didn't go to wrestle today.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-14-2004 at 05:51 PM.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Thursday August 12, 2004
    Chest/Tri

Workout:
    GOT DELETED.

Cardio/Activities:
    None

Other:
    GOT DELETED.

Comments:
    Accidentally deleted this today (The 14th). Damn, lol. I will say that it was quite a good day however. Benched 145x9, which is a new record for me.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-14-2004 at 05:58 PM.

Friday August 13, 2004
    Rest Day

Workout:
    Nothing.

Cardio/Activities:
    None

Other:
    None

Comments:
    Rest day, legs were killing from wrestling and other legs day.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-14-2004 at 05:54 PM.

Saturday August 14, 2004
    Botched Day

Workout:
    Botched. Read Comments.

Cardio/Activities:
    3 hours wrestling training.

Other:
    None

Comments:
    I was about to leave to the gym, when I decided to take look on Ticketmaster for tickets to Summerslam (already looked atleast 20 times). And you will never guess... 4 tickets, Level 100, Row 3!!! Those lil itty biddy ****ers released tickets 1 day before the event! Yea, so a happy little Altersh0ck got the tickets ordered, and picked them up. By the time I was done this, I had to go to wrestling training. So in other words.... no workout today.

Sweet catch on the tickets. I also read that Chris Benoit was training at 365 Fitness in Etobicoke.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Yea thanks! They're all at Ontario place today.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 11-16-2004 at 04:22 PM.

Banned
    Have fun at SummerSlam!

:withstupi

Oh yeah, and !!!
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

Banned
    Summer Slam is going to be AWESOME and !`~!@`12`!!

It wasn't that good... 3 crappy matches, 1 amazing match, 2 good matches, 4 "ok" matches.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-15-2004 at 10:32 PM.

Banned
    dAM I THot SUMmmerslam woulda been So cool espically the wrestling matches. To bad. MAbey Next Time gUYS.

Why call, apologize to me, and make an uncomfortable situation if you know that you're never going to stop?

Banned
    Huh?@?!!? Wtf R U Talking About I Never Called And Apologized Iwas Just Simply Stating That I Thought Summerslam Would Be Cool Espcially The Wrestling Matches, Sorry If It Offened You!!

Okay im out see you at the Gym
    Last edited by Xaust; 08-15-2004 at 11:11 PM.

It would be easier to say something if you actually had interests and ambitions...
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-16-2004 at 01:54 AM.

Banned
    Oh....Cool, you made some nice improvement on the bench there!

Monday August 16, 2004
    Legs & Shoulders

Workout:
    setsXrepsXweight
    • Standing Calf Raise
      1x16x300, 1x15x300, 1x13x300

• Donkey Calf Raise
      Warm Up Set, 1x10x115, 1x9x115, 1x5x140

• Sled Leg Press
      1x10x270, 1x10x290, 1x4x320 (wtf?), 1x8x320, 1x2x340 (wtf?)

• DB Shoulder Press
      3x7x35s

• Lat Pulldown
      1x10x120, 1x6x135, 1x4x140

• Seated Shoulder Press
      Warm Up Set, 1x8x90, 1x5.5x90, 1x6x90

• Crunches
      2x50

• Leg Raised Crunches
      2x50

• Bikes
      2x50

Cardio:
    15 minutes rollerblading

Other:
    16 sets substance stretching, held in 1:00 to 2:00 for each.

Comments:
    Eh, lighter day than usual.

Some sets were a little iffy, as you can see. I did feel todays workout quite well though. The pad for doing squats is absolutely useless; it's padded for about 1 inch and then it's just vinyl. Oh well, I'll have to save learning and doing squats for..... now that I think about it, I won't be able to squat for another few years.

Tommorow is wrestling, pumped for it.

RAW tonight was very good, lots of good and funny promos, and decent matches at the LEAST.

Good workout.

I would, however, probably move your lat pulldowns to your back/biceps day. Doesn't really fit with your shoulder schedule, but that's just me.

I stumbled on the last bit of RAW and was pretty decent. Ending kind of trailed off at the end though...

Keep it up.
    My Stats

You mean where they turned on "Randy Orton"? Those guys have been a powerful stable team for over a year now... so it actually was very shocking and a terrific finish :P

Ken leg pressed 520 twice by the way.

Banned
    Wow 520, wats your max ?

Dunno.

Didn't hit the gym today, btw.

Banned
    OH can u do 520?

Shut the hell up.

Wednesday August 18, 2004
    Back & Bicep

Workout:
    setsXrepsXweight
    • Pullups (close sets)
      Warm Up Set, 7xBW, 4xBW

• Front Pulldown
      10x105, 8x120, 6x135

• Seated Double-Axis Row
      10x105, 8x120

• Seated Cable Row
      Warm Up Set, 8x120, 8x120, 6.5x135, 4x140

• Concentration Curls
      7(right)6(left)x35s, 6(right)5(left)x35s

• Seated Hammer Curls
      11x30s

• Machine Preacher Curls
      10x75, 5.75x85

Cardio:
    3 hours wrestling training

Other:
    16 sets substance stretching, held in 1:00 to 1:30 for each.

Comments:
    Decent day.

Back got stronger by a rep or two.

My biceps were almost done after I finished all the rows and other back work. I do believe though that my bicep strength has aswell improved since I returned to posting in my journal.

Possibly going to Wonderland tommorow, and Smackdown is on tommorow aswell. Chest/Tricep/Abs tommorow.

Good session.
    My Stats