Page 4 of 113 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Is the grammar better?

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Ignore this...
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-20-2004 at 09:45 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Ignore this too ...
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-20-2004 at 09:45 PM.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Friday August 20, 2004
    Chest, Tricep & Abs

Workout:
    setsXrepsXweight
    • BB Bench Press
      Warm Up Set, 10x130, 10x140, 1x180, failx185, 7x150

• DB Bench Press
      10x45s, 5x50s

• Seated Cable Chest Press
      8x160, 6x165

• Dips
      12xBW, 9xBW

• Pushdowns
      9x55, 7x60

• Skullcrushers
      7x50, 8.5x50

• Crunches

• Raised Leg Crunches

• Side Crunches
      50 left, 50 right

• Twists
      50+8lb ball

Cardio/Activities:
    30-35 minutes rollerblading

Other:
    Light stretching (5-10 minutes in total).

Comments:
    An alright day.

Did a new bench max today! . I went for 185, but couldn't quite do it. I do think I could have done it if I didn't do 180 beforehand (I went for a 2nd rep by the way, which definately killed me a bit.)

Not to many sets done today, but still a pretty decent workout. Wrestling training is tommorow, as is ~legs~.

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-20-2004 at 04:47 PM.

Strength is getting up there. Congrats opn the new max.
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

Banned
    Congrats, but remeber to get the reps up there.

Nice try on the second max bench. When you are trying for you max's you might want to lower the reps on your warmup sets too. The 140x10 might have been too much too. 140x6 would allow you to get the feel of the weight but not tire you out as much. You'll smoke 185 next time.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Zearoth: Thanks.

Xaust:

Rook: Haha, lets hope. I'll take that rep count into consideration; though I don't think that is what had the semi-fatigue effect on me.

Took some measurments tonight, thanks for the idea rook.

Shoulders - 16.5"
    Chest/Upper Back - 37"
    Arms unflexed - 11"
    Arms flexed - 12.1"
    Waist - 38"
    Thighs - 19.65"
    Calves - 14"
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-20-2004 at 10:17 PM.

headbutting mirrors
    Workouts look good.

I didn't realize you could measure shoulders.
    give me gains or i will headbutt every mirror in the gym...

bring the pain...

Mega: I do around the armpit and top of the delts. It's basically a measurement of the deltoids.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-21-2004 at 12:18 AM.

headbutting mirrors
    Oh, ok.

180 is great, especially at your age, keep at it man!
    give me gains or i will headbutt every mirror in the gym...

bring the pain...

Journals looking good

Your stats say .. 38" waist ? Where are you measuring that from ? Just curious as im 205lb, 5'10 and have 39" and woah nelly, shes twice the size :P

Looking lean and skinny personally .. Maybe up the calories a few hundred, or add another meal to the day. That said, doing great for 15 years of age

I have gained 12 pounds since June. I was initially far skinnier. I consume around 3000-3300 cals a day. I guess the reason I look so lean is because I have only been eating this much for a month or so now.

I measured "waist" around the largest area in the waist/hip region.

hmm, i have the tape measure over my belly button. she comes to 39" . personally, from your pics, that same measurement looks 'much' smaller. 32" comes to mind

Keep at it

Thank's for the replies. I measured at the just bellow belly button; I'm 33" I think I will keep that, since that is actually the waist.

Just noticed the 180 bench as well, your doing great for 15 Senior years in high school ppl will ph33r j00

Good Job on your bench max!!
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!

vkefi: Haha, thanks for the compliment. But my school is pretty gentle; you probably didn't see that I'm not American .
    BIG C: Thanks.

3 day break for the gym =/. 2 of these days are my rest days though. I try to get in Mon-Fri, since it's hard to get in on the weekends due to wrestling. Today (monday) I didn't go because I had to help the painters and crap around at my house.

Well, tommorows another day.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-23-2004 at 06:39 PM.

hey man, i just saw your max bench. i think you would have been able to do 185-190 if you had warmed up differently. 135 x 10 and 140 x 10 could have tired you out. next time, try something like ... 95 x 10, 115 x 8, 135 x 6, 155 x 3, and then hit 185 and 190. anyway, youre doing great. i noticed in your pics that your shoulders are your strong point.

But you do live in dangerous Toronto. Even ElPietro moved out of Toronto!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Rook: Oh yea. I'm freakin scared of my neighbourhood man. We have had 2 murders in the past 15-20 years. YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO WALK AROUND AT NIGHT KNOWING THAT STATISTIC?

debussy: Probs, I'll retest in early september.

Tuesday August 24, 2004
    Legs & Shoulders

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • 45 degree Sled Leg Press
      Warm Up Set, 10x250, 10x280, 8x320

• Seated Leg Extension
      Warm Up Set, 10x165, 8x180

• Lying Leg Curls
      Warm Up Set, 5x110, 6x105, 5x105

• Standing Calf Raises
      16x300, 16.5x300, 14x300, 16x300

• Lever Shoulder Press
      10x90, 8x95, 5x100

• BB Upright Row
      12x60, 8x70, 8x70

• Rear Delt Row
      10x100 (easy, this aint workin for me though)

• TVOs
      6x10s, 3x10s - These sets were 20-25 seconds apart.

Cardio:
    15 minutes rollerblading
    2.5 hours wrestling training

Other:
    16 sets substance stretching, held in 1:00 to 2:00 for each.
    5 sets light stretching, held in :10 to :30 for each.

Comments:
    Very good shoulders day, mediocre legs day.

The Rear Delt Row just isn't working for me. The 10x100 was pretty easy, but I felt it most in my biceps. I'm going to switch that to TVOs from now on.

Talking about TVOs... I do mine nice and slow. 5 seconds on the "T", 3 seconds on the "V", 3 seconds going up on the "O", and 2 seconds coming down on the "O". That's why it's not with lets say 15s at 10 reps.

I came in late for wrestling, so I had to do a "special" warmup. A.k.a, bumping around for 30 minutes straight with little breaks at times. **** was brutal, but it's for the best anyways. I also had my 1st "match" today. Not a REAL match, just infront of the other trainees and trainers.

Checked my weight today, 150! It WAS near when I finished eating though... so I wont record it down until I am 150 or more for a few more days.

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-24-2004 at 09:57 PM.

Good job on getting 150. You are extremely active man.... how many calories did you consume yesterday? Seems like you'll need 3500+ to bulk if you're exercising that much.

depussy (sorry, had to do it once lol): Yeah I am pretty active. I unfortunately admit I only score in 3000-3300 cals a day, and around 140 grams of protein. I'll have to speak to my motha about buying more food, because there is nothing here lol .

Didn't work out today; it was back/bicep, but my back was just killing throughout the day from wrestling. IT got better at around 5:00, but it was too late; I had to go wrestle at 7:30, which means I had to leave at 6:30... and eat before that.

Anywho...

Cardio/Activities:
    3 hours wrestling training
    5 minutes roller blading
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 08-25-2004 at 10:19 PM.