The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 52 of 113 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 2824
    Ehh...dopn't sweat it we all get out crappy days once in awhile. Maybe you're just getting used to the new routine change so just be patient and you'll adjust.
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

I can't believe how much weight you've gained. I think when I joined WBB in late November, you were something like 150? Ace job!

After my deads, I give myself a few minutes to let the grip cool down, and then I do the bent over dumbell rows. Being a "one arm at a time" movement, I can concentrate a bit more on grip, and by the second set, my grip is usually feeling better. I do the barbell rows next, and seem to be doing ok with that arrangement. Barbell rows are new to me (only two workouts so far), and my lats are aching like I've never hit them before. Like you mentioned, I'm hitting the biceps during rows as well, so I may need to check the form a bit.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Matt04
    awesome session man, deads look good.

10 more lb's untill ya goal on DL's, ull get it easy!

Don't sweat it, we all have our crappy days.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

Who the **** cares about the rest of the workout, you got 315 on DEADS! Awesome work there bitch! You should be on cloud nine now! Next stop, 405!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

natch.

Wait till you get to 17...

*sigh*

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

Awesome deads crippy. Don't sweat it about the BB rows. Just stick with it. I always do my rows first just because after doing deads my grip is often so fried there is really no point in me doing them doing them. Oh yeah. If you haven't already, get your self some chalk. It helps a lot.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Mr. Elwood: I think you'll hit your bi's no matter what you do. I just can't keep my elbows in! Not even with the 45lb bar. It's crazy weird.

Stackhole: Yes, I need chalk badly!

Everyone Else: Thanks. Closing in on my DL goal indeed!

Saturday April 16, 2005
    --Wrestling

Cardio:

Jogging Outdoors
    Didn't time it... until "failure" however. This was better than last time I tried, seems I'm improving. I got up to the highway, my next goal is the motel!

Wrestling Training
    2 hours light-intensity

Comments:
    Nope.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

nice work on the deads you have really flown up in a really short period of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    Terror at the grocery store

Today I did a full grocery shopping at the Sobey's near my house, where I usually don't go due to overpriced products with limited selection. However today my mom couldn't drive too far out. What a terrible place this is.

This first comes evident when I go to choose my bananas. Now I usually buy 1 pair yellow/brown, then 2-3 pairs still green (too last me a week). However as I walk over to the banana stand all I find are really squishy, brown disgusting bananas. What type of absolute moron would actually even consider purchasing these is beyong me. So I rip open the boxes under the stand and find some decent one's, and put them in my trolly.

Next we have Mr. "I'm an inconsiderate assjockey and deserve to be thrown off a cliff". The ******* is standing with his stupid green shopping cart CLEARLY in the way of anyone who would want to get buy. So I say "excuse me" quite dominantly, but the ******* is talking and laughing so loud that he can't even hear me. So in almost a yell I again tell him excuse me, and he moves his cart into the next aisle... THE SAME GOD DAMN ****ING AISLE I WAS PLANNING ON GOING IN AFTER I PASSED THIS MOTHER ****ER. Gawd, didn't take him too long to realize he was STILL in the way and off he moves.

Now I'll move on to the bitch with the big useless purse. First things first, why on earth do old 60 year old woman carry around purses that are big enough to store food for a family of 5? What on earth could someone as useless as herself be holding in there? By the fact that this IS a jewish grocery store, and this whore clearly has never worked a day in her life, her husband MUST be a sucessful lawyer or doctor. Is she really spending THAT much cash of his? Anyways, this bitch is trying to rush through the crowd in the fruit aisle and she knocks me right in the nuts with this floppy purse of hers. She notices what she did, and it is obvious because I am holding my nuts with what I believe would be quite the obscure look on my face. So what does she do about it? She continues to speed walk right by, with a quick "sorry" in her lame ass ****ing monotome jewish mother voice. Sorry? You're ****ing sorry? How about I shove that 30lb purse up your 200lb fat gifelte-fished ass and then we'll see who's sorry. ****ing whore.

But it's not over yet. The grocery store seems to have a different electrical charge on their shopping carts versus the shelves. So everytime I would touch my cart, I would get a shock if I touched the ****ign shelves to get my food off of. Worked vice-versa as well. I must have shocked myself 20 times while there, and I observed half the other customers going through the same ****. I don't know what the **** it is, but I should have gotten a discount for that.

And the worst part.... THOSE ****ING IDIOTS DIDN'T HAVE ANY GOD DAMN PLAIN ****ING CHEESE PIZZA! They must have had 12 different types of pizza's that no one who consider's themselves human would actually ever eat, yet they couldn't even carry 1 ****ing cheese pizza. What a bunch of turds.

lol, great rant.

I hate people too.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Everyone Else: Thanks. Closing in on my DL goal indeed!
    Dude, you need to up that goal for July cause you're gonna own it in the next session or two. Good work.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Nice work on the deads, please don't bitch about having a crappy session. You're giving us Canucks a poor impression.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianHomer
    Nice work on the deads, please don't bitch about having a crappy session. You're giving us Canucks a poor impression.
    As if the grocery rant didn't already?

J/K Crippy. People are all no-talent assclowns. Just wait till you start driving, then you'll see a whole new level of stupid.

315 on them thar deady's old boy? Doesn't it feel like the shiz to lift that 3pps? Looks like you'll hit that deadz goal by May. Better reset those goals and make it 350 or even 360 by July.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Thanks everyone!

Hockey and Guido: Yes, seems like I've destroyed that DL goal yet I have made no progress towards my bench goal. ARGH. And yes, 315 feels very nice and since I go to a loser gym most people are quite impressed by it.

Homz: Pfffft. My whining is what put Canada on the map, son.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Yesterday's session

Monday April 18, 2005
    --Push

Workout:

BB Bench Press
    12x135
    6+1x165
    7x155
    6+1x155

Tried a narrower grip this time (almost an inch closer) because I feel my grip is too wide. Dunno if that's why my bench stayed the same, we'll see next week. I suck at this

Incline Bench
    10x115 (+3R)
    7x125 (+10W)
    6+1x115 (+10W)

This went very well. For me, anyways.

Tricep Dips
    7xBW
    9xBW (+2R)
    6xBW

Placed a white tissue on both dip bars and it really helped me from slipping off (which I have had trouble with in the past). These were awesome with teh afterburn on the tri's.

Close-Grip Bench Press
    10x95 (+1R)
    6+1x105

A gains a gain I guess...

OH DB Press
    6x35s
    6x35s
    6x35s
    4x35s

This really sucked! I technically got 8 reps on the first set, but I don't remember if they were smooth or not so I'll call them 6 (aka no gain). And to think I was doing these with 45s fresh 3 months ago. I just can't seem to do **** on OH Presses after all that heavy chest and killing of the triceps.

Comments:
    Overall not a bad session at all.

I might do Chest&Tri/Back&Bi/Leg/Deadlifts&Shoulders split. We will see after 1 or 2 more weeks of this.

Brian decided to start a fight with me before the session started. Basically what happened was my mom said she would take us to the gym at 5:00. I wanted to be home for 9:00 and yes, Brian was aware of this. So he says we'll go at 7:00, and that he can bring and I'll pick up. So I say fine. 7:00 comes around, and no Brian. So I call him at 7:30 and he's still at his friends house recording something for a project. This is fine, but why couldn't he tell me in advance that he might not be ready for 7:00?

Brian ends up coming at 8:30, which means I won't be home for even close to 9:00 but I just said whatever because he was doing school work. I ask him "Brian, why would you tell me 7:00 when it was 8:30? Why couldn't you tell me it would be later?". He then responds that he told me he would come at 8:00, and that I should get my own ride if I want to go earlier or use the bus. This ticked me off because I DID have my own ride, but I said I would wait for him till 7:00 so we could workout together. I explain that to him and he starts complaining about how I made him wait 15 minutes once when he came to pick me up. Yea, he did wait 15 minutes. That's because he called me from his car saying "I'll be there in 5 minutes" while I was still sleeping in my boxers. How does he expect me to get up, change, wash my face, bring my dog out, prepare my workout stuff, and make my gatorade shake in 5 minutes?

It gets even worst though, because in the whole 9th grade Brian took us (the clique) to places a total of ZERO times. But we never complained, because I'm sure it wasn't his fault. We (the clique) don't complain about having to take ways dozens and dozens of times for 1 whole year, but Brian complains that I kept him waiting for 15 minutes once. I guess he also feels he now has the right to lie to me about timing.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 04-25-2005 at 09:45 PM.

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    The reason you think it was a weak session is because you're going lower than you normally do on the presses. The muscles are too used to having you benching to a certain point, when you go lower than the point, the muscles doesn't recognize that, thus it feels heavier pushing it back up. I believe it's a good thing, gives them a shock. Overall, I think you did a great session.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

:withstupi x 10949374902083^70

bee bop de booby doo bop bop! Ba da baaaa! Dop bop diddly beep bop! *jazz hands*
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

The push session does not look bad to me at all...one day you will do some leapfrogging with this (trust me).

Homer, that might be the reason... hmm

Guidio, you are one crazy mofo!

Cokie, leapfrogging? Hehe, sounds cool to me.

Some pics:
    1) A bicep shot, seems my arms have grown atleast a bit!
    2) Everyday Mitch, unflexed though I am sticking my chest out more than usual. I need to work on looking big when not flexing!
    3) Lat spread with shirt on. Can't really see much, and the shirt doesn't really stay tight enough to show much shape. but yeah.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    nice, looking good. A little fat, but good.

Guidio, you are one crazy mofo!
    Yeah. And I'm 27. Can you believe it?

Nice pics. At your house? I'd say bi's look good but tri's are lagging comparatively. More dips and CG bench!
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal

holy **** you grew! you remind me of that young mexican actor who played in "Y mama tu tabien" (not sure if that's spelled correctly)
    Last edited by getfit; 04-20-2005 at 04:22 PM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Thanks Illist Mitch

Yeah Guido, my tri's REALLY REALLY suck. I've decided to hit them pretty hard with 11 sets of chest/shoulder presses and 5 sets dips/cgbp a week. We'll see how that works.

Haha sylvia, MEXICAN? My mom's indian and my dad's white, not sure how I look like a mexican!

OMG Your ASS. It's huge!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Wednesday April 20, 2005
    --Legs

Workout:

ATA Squats
    12x195
    4x225
    4x225
    5x205

Leg Press
    8x5pps
    10x5pps
    10x5pps

DB Lunges
    8x55s
    7x55s

Lying Leg Curls
    8x130
    8x120
    10x110
    8x110

Smith Standing Calf Raises
    12x2pps
    8x2pps+25s
    9x2pps+25s
    8x2pps+25s

Comments:
    Weight sucked ass today. I came home at around 3:45 and slept until 8:00, then I called Brian as soon as I woke up and he was there to pick me up in 5 minutes. Had no energy and was still sleepy (sleepyness went away though). Lunges, didn't push myself too hard as this session was so damn intense. Not happy with the weights, but to say this is a bad session in terms of hypertrophy would be a lie.