The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 61 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 2824
    Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    I don't know man...honestly whats the point of bulking so hard when your not even lifting? Sure you may gain weight but without the resistance training...its more likely to be stored as fat. This is a suggestion, and I know you won't use it, but I would suggest maintaince calorie intake while your not lifting.
    "Geneing Leans Green"

good luck with the bulking. 6000 cals is a lot! I was at 5200 at my highest.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I was supposed to be bulking at 6000 the past 3 weeks but that has gone to the ****ter. I haven't recorded **** and I feel small and weak .
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    I was supposed to be bulking at 6000 the past 3 weeks but that has gone to the ****ter. I haven't recorded **** and I feel small and weak .
    Join the club.
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

This is gay. Let's see some workouts.

Deadlift
    10x135
    9x185
    6x225
    4x275
    3x335 (+10W)
    4x315
    All i can say to that is a big **** YOU!

And well done.

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    hey crip
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

I've decided to step things up a notch.

Back last summer I was bigger and stronger than Josh & Brian (Nito & Zearoth) by a far margin. Since then I've put on more weight than they have yet Josh is nearly as big as me and Brian is bigger now. It's time to take my lead again and leave these two mofo's in the dust forever.

This all sounds like a plan to me. Now, time for some pre-kicking my clique's ass measurements:
    They may be as big or bigger than you but you are still lifting more by a fairly large margin. What are you going for more, size or strength?

I know about the bulking thing and I can't imagine trying to keep at 6k calories for any amount of time. I wouldn't worry about it if you can't stay at that, as long as you are gaining might as well make sure it's quality mass, not just mass for mass's sake.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Size.

Today I tried an upper session. I tried dips fresh and hit 16 dips @ BW (188lbs) Headaches came during the first set, and stayed for the whole workout. These headaches suck. I'm even getting them when playing with big willy! I'm gonna take a week off from all resistance training, and as well see the doctor about this. I hate to take the time off, and I was contemplating doing it 3 weeks ago but didn't want to. Now I have no choice really.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Banned
    Hi Mitch

I hope the headaches go away so you can spot me while im benching

I hope you like..it is nice...i like
    PERCENTILE OF POPULOUS THAT ARE ALI G 0.00000000000030020384200002% THEREFORE EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD STFU

Don't sweat it mitch. Once you get this headache BS taken care of you'll be hitting it hard once again.
    I'd also like to once again emphasize that you are now beating me on deads. You stupid assface.

I'm even getting them when playing with big willy!
    Lol.
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

Holy crap, I think I figured it out. It must be that freakin' acne medication I'm taking. The headaches started when I started taking it. The one day I forgot to take it is the only session I didn't get headaches. I'm almost certain this is what is causing it.

Time to do some experimenting
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 05-31-2005 at 11:07 PM.

A 16-year-old girl developed headaches and double vision following treatment for acne with vitamin A and minocycline. These side effects disappeared once the compounds were discontinued.16 More research is needed to determine whether the symptoms could have been caused by an interaction between vitamin A and the drug. -- http://www.raleys.com/cfapps/healthn...tentID=1157007
    Occupational Hazards: Patients treated with minocycline may suffer from headaches, light-headedness, dizziness or vertigo. Decreased hearing has been rarely reported in patients on minocycline. Administration in excess of the recommended dosage can increase the frequency and severity of these CNS symptoms. Patients should be cautioned about driving vehicles or using hazardous machinery while on drug therapy. These symptoms may disappear during therapy and usually disappear rapidly when the drug is discontinued. -- http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharm...)/MINOCIN.html
    He produced a study about it (suddenly he knew everything), and started me on 100 mg of minocycline twice a day along with Relafen twice a day. At first I got terrible headaches from the Minocin, and it took awhile for the Relafen to work, but I gradually started getting better. -- http://www.rheumatic.org/gloria.html

SEE! I knew something wasn't right with these headaches. Here's a very professionally done study on acute headaches, and it lists minocin as one possible pharmaceutical cause. http://www.aafp.org/afp/20010215/685.html .

So now I am contemplating whether to get off of the minocin or not. All the studies and evidence show that the headaches only go away once use of the product is discontinued. I've actually been seeing a big improvement in my acne with this product, so this is a DAMN shame. I'll speak to my doctor about alternatives.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 05-31-2005 at 11:19 PM.

well i can concur with stack on the big F*** you you are now stronger than me in deads and catching up real quick in everything else.. oh and when the hell did you get to 180+ thats just nuts now you weigh more than me

good luck finding an alternative to your acne meds but just do whatever keeps thoe headaches away bro
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Bulking Sith Knight Stephen Riddington's Avatar
    Good to see that you found the root of your headaches. Now get back and start posting **** that makes me feel small and weak.
    You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'-Homer Simpson
    My brother always said that drowning in beer would be like heaven. Well, my brother's not here and I have two soakers... This sucks!!!-Bob McKenzie
    Hockey is murder on ice-Jim Murray
    Give a guy a gun, he thinks he's Superman. Give him two and he thinks he's God.-Superintendent Pang (Hard Boiled)

Dr. Mitch is teaching us some $hit, lol - ...the acne ought to go away on its own one day (I think).

Great news on the headache front, now lift bitch!

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

I wannabebig!
    well its a tradeoff between acne and headaches I guess maybe doxycycline wouldnt cause headaches as bad as mino would

What lilmase said, yo. 3x335? You should be maxing at 355 by now. Ya bastard.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Mase:
    Lol. You missed it when you were working for pepsi-cola... or something of that sort .

ryu:
    I'd rather cut all the bull**** and go right to accutane already. I thought this med was working, but through pictures there's actually no difference. I know none of this stuff will work for me; it didn't work for my bro or sis either.

Otherz:
    Thanks guys.

Here's a picture of the back acne, just so you can all get a visual understandment of why this crap is so important to me.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mmmmm, I think I'll pass on the bacne.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Man I'll tell ya Mitch. I love taking Doxycycline for my acne. It really helps a lot bro. May wanna look into that before Accutane.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Banned
    ryu:
    I'd rather cut all the bull**** and go right to accutane already. I thought this med was working, but through pictures there's actually no difference. I know none of this stuff will work for me; it didn't work for my bro or sis either.
    Here's a picture of the back acne, just so you can all get a visual understandment of why this crap is so important to me.
    I posted a last ditch "simple" solution to bacne in the general health thread a while back, I don't know if it was the thread you started or someone else, but did you try it? It had to do with discontinuing your shampoo/conditioner and soap for cetyphyll or spectro gel. Bacne is sometimes irritated and made worse by the things you put on your skin and hair. It has helped some of my friends and patients at my work.

dont worry about the bacne bro you look huge in that pic (*******) but seriously how many times do you shower i know my friend had it real nasty but after he started taking showers after physical activity it went away in like a couple weeks.. this probably doesnt help but who cares you big bastard you
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659