The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 9 of 113 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast
    Good job on the dumbell rows!
    If the bar aint bending your just pretending!!!!

My journal!

Oh boy, I'm catching up to you on those lat pulldowns! I hope that when you said "felt like crap", you mean you could have easily doubled that.

Good session.
    My Stats
    Weight: 180
    Height: 5'8''

On Auto Pilot:******* Huge Alke's Avatar
    yup, awesome back work....glad to see you not holding back on the back

yeah, I met a trainer up north. he trianed me for 5 months and I loved it. trouble is a got a bad left knee, and even wrapped up tight I am not healthy enough for the abuse.

I loved the training though, puked my first and second day in the ring.

I had to put the ring together, then take it apart at the end....GOD I was so tired that I didnt want to take the ring apart, but he was old school...he said if I dont take the ring down then I dont come back tomorrow to put it back up and train again.....what a tough sumbithc

he would pick like three moves and we would just do that over and over again for 2-3 hours.....wanna see me hyperventilate?

I miss it though, I hope if I have kids he dont get my bad knee its genetic and my dad has the same thing.

now I bodybuild
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's
    30MAY03 = 800 Total - Bench 230, Squat 245, Deadlift 325
    22OCT04 = 960 Total - Bench 275, Squat 305, Deadlift 380

Most push-ups in one minute = 102 (BW:195lbs)

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

FOOD is my drug of choice

you thinking of dong 21's?

they over rated if you ask me, yeah there in the arnold book and all that blah blah blah

do your BB curls
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's

Some men see things as they are and say, "Why?" I dream things that never were and say, "Why not?" - George B. Shaw

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Josh: Thanks!

Jeff: Yeah, it's really weird because it seems like I'm going up 5lb DBs every 2 sessions... not that I'm complaining or anything .

BIG C: Thanks for the comment!

Brian: Lol. I'm not chris mason, so no I could not double that :P. They felt like crap, as in light weight, bah form, and just all around sucky. I felt my forearms blow out before my lats did.

Alke: Well, actually I am. I am not deading until my all around weightlifting form becomes better, because I don't want to injure my back. I couldn't dead at my gym anyways though, no olympic bar.

Yea, the first days are pretty brutal. All the bumping and cardio, it's just not something ones used to. That ring takes so long to put together/apart lol. Ive helped with that at the shows; it's a pain in the ass but I am still thankful that they showed me how its constructed.

As for 21s, nah I don't think I am going to incorporate them. I also try to lean away from BB curls, since my bicep strength is uneven.

Thanks for all the comments bro!
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-08-2004 at 08:29 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Hey, I noticed you live in Toronto, where in Toronto are you living? I live in Richmond Hill, but I go to university in New Jersey

thetopdog: Up in Thornhill. Theres alot of Torontonian members on this board, probably in the double digits.
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-09-2004 at 08:18 PM.

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Saturday October 9, 2004
    Chest & Tricep

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • DB Press
      12x45s, 8x55s, 7x55s, 7x55s

• DB Flies
      10x30s, 10x35s, 6x40s, 5x40s

• CGBP
      10x85

• Pushdowns
      10x60, 10x65, 6x70, 6x70

Cardio/Activities:
    20 mins rollerblading
    4 hours wrestling training

Other:
    None

Comments:
    Lighter day than usual.

Spotting myself up on the DB presses was pretty hard, it took me 10 seconds just to get everything up, straight, and unwobbly . I'm sure if I had a spotter I could have PRd them.

Up to the 40s for the flies. I thought maybe I was losing my form because I was only doing 8x35s last session... but looking in the mirror everything was fine.

CGBP on the smith isn't working for me; it feels weird and puts pressure on my wrists. I think it's the fact that you don't control the bar that's doing this.

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-13-2004 at 11:11 PM.

NIce session, although less volume than usual... Keep it up, oh and btw, I'm back from my break. I'll be catching up soon, don't worry
    My Stats

Have you looked at the www.ironmind.com info for your grip?
    Or thought of doing some rock climbing for a bit?

Gotta get that choke slam tight!

I wannabebig!
    nice wo... 4 hours wrestling gets tough.

So I bought weightgainer today . 3 shakes a day (powder, milk, olive oil) = 1874 cals. I'm so happy!

Chun: I hope so! You better hit the iron man. The day had less volume, but I'm still really feeling it today. I was pushing myself pretty hard.

Piz: I can finally grip the proper weight to shrug now... dunno lol. That's a cool site though, thanks for the post!

ryuage: Yeah, it matters what we do. I'm not doing stuff that whole time either... theres only so many (usually 2 or 3) people who can be in the ring at once. Thanks for the post!
    Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-10-2004 at 09:47 PM.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Cool Mitch, how much did you get the weight gainer for? And where? And like what do you mean olive oil, milk, powder? You mix the 3? Explain plz =)
    "Geneing Leans Green"

He meant mixing them all together. I like to do that with my shakes as well. It helps get more calories as well as some much needed EFAs.
    Last edited by Zearoth; 10-11-2004 at 06:07 PM.
    My Stats

I'll be adding in banana's aswell once I purchase them.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zearoth
    He meant mixing them all together. I like to do that with my shakes as well. It helps get more calories as well as some much needed EFAs.
    No He didn't he actually bought it, his msn name Mammoth 2500 is a weight gainer product he must have purchased it i am assuming?
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Quote Originally Posted by Nito
    No He didn't he actually bought it, his msn name Mammoth 2500 is a weight gainer product he must have purchased it i am assuming?

My Stats

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    I am just as confused as you are, I guess we'll have to wait till he responds
    "Geneing Leans Green"

awesome DB pressing...glad to hear your adding a mega shke, get those calories up bro! with all that wrestling you gonna need a LOT of calroies to bulk into a superman
    My Journal
    Progress Pic

1RM's

Chun/Josh: I bought Mammoth 2500 Weight Gainer (powder), and I put it in a shake with milk, olive oil, and a banana (soon).

Alke: Yeah man, 2 shakes alone are about 1200 cals .

Monday October 11, 2004
    Legs and Shoulders

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • Smith Squats
      10x125, 10x155, 10x175, 10x185, 8x200

• Leg Extentions
      10x210, 7x215

• HS Calf Raises
      20x200, 20x290, 12x360, 11x380

• OH DB Presses
      10x40s, 9x40s

Cardio/Activities:
    None

Other:
    None

Comments:
    Again, a lighter day. The gym was closing at 4:00, and I arrived at about 3:15. I had to stop whilse doing shoulders, thus explaining the low sets.

Feeling those squats! I'm sure I could have done 10x200, but I thought I was going to do one more set and therefore didnt try to push myself to far. =/

I'm liking the HS for calves, I'm gonna stick with these. Originally I hurt my knees on it a bit (3 months ago), but no problems this time.

Last edited by AlterSh0ck; 10-13-2004 at 11:11 PM.

Good session! Awesome squat numbers!
    My Stats

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Way to go! keep it up!
    "Geneing Leans Green"

Wednesday October 13, 2004
    Back & Bicep

Workout:
    repsXweight
    • BO DB Rows
      10:10x60s, 9:9x65s, 10:10x65s

• Seated Cable Row
      10x135, 9x145, 8x150

• Pulldowns
      9x135, 9x135, 10x135, 8x140

• HS DB Curls
      8:9x30s, 7:8x30s, 6:7x30s

• Lever Preachers
      8x75, 8.5x75

Cardio/Activities:
    35-40 mins rollerblading
    3 hours wrestling training

Other:
    None

Comments:
    Arph, yet another 'lighter day'. I gotta get my sched in order, because today I again had only 45 mins in the gym.

Everything felt fine, not much to say except that I am slowly starting to think my bi's are just weak, as opposed to fatigue. Gonna do more isolation. I'm wanting to do that with BB Curls, but my bicep strength isn't equal so that makes it difficult. F'n dumbells better work on that fast!

Gonna cut the Lever Preachers out all together; they kinda suck.

Pumping Iron @ Villy!
    Not a bad day, but personally ez BB curls against a wall and 21's KILL my bi's there like the best excercies ever. I think my Bi's have doubled in size from just that 1 workout, im serious those excercises really work for me, try them out and see if it works well for you.
    "Geneing Leans Green"