The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

still dislikes Art Atwood Hatred's Avatar

The Official '06 Arnold Classic Thread

The O is from the 13-15th of October In Las Vegas.
    It is really close for me so I am considering going. That will be changed to a definite if there is a number of you attending.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.
    Twitter: @joshuagbsn Follow me as I laugh at the world, and you.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i would like too but i can't i'm off to europe in october! but the arnold is a definite for me!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Okay so that leaves everyone else.
    I need a female to show up so I can leave teeth marks on someone else's ass. (Allegedly)
    Unless Chase shows up..
    Last edited by Hatred; 09-01-2005 at 11:15 AM.
    Out of the night that covers me,Black as the Pit from pole to pole,I thank whatever gods may be for my unconquerable soul. In The fell clutch of circumstance I have not winced nor cried aloud. Under the bludgeonings of chance my head is bloody, but unbowed. Beyond this place of wrath and tears looms but the horror of the shade And yet the menace of the years finds, and shall find, me unafraid. It matters not how strait the gate how charged with punishments the scroll,I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul.

Too far for me, and I'm already taking off days in October for a certain big-assed individual's wedding.

I'd love to go some year, though.
    And my prediction is that Ronnie wins again.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

How about people that MIGHT be going? Hmmmmm?

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    i cant afford it. I'd like to and was thinking about it before but until the business is off the ground, I cant afford sh*t
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Gee Loiuse, sorry but maybe next year champ!!
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 09-01-2005 at 01:12 PM. Reason: |_| r t3h l0~3|`
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

I'd love to come, but I have to see how I'm doing in the next few months. I think it'll be too short of notice by the time I know.

Bull****.Last minute trips are the best.
    Shaddup Mitch.
    Last edited by Hatred; 09-01-2005 at 11:49 AM.

i'm sure they'll be loads of peeps coming to the arnold though!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

For The Love Of Lifting
    not by the beach, that is all I want right now =(
    I am not going to miss this year. I wanted to go really bad last year and couldn't. I will be going for SURE this year.

Might be in Vegas in November ...
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

You people suck. So when is the next meet going to be? The Arnold? It's a ways off. Hell I'll just fly to Texas and rape Rene's fuzzy little ears in his sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatred
    You people suck. So when is the next meet going to be? The Arnold? It's a ways off. Hell I'll just fly to Texas and rape Rene's fuzzy little ears in his sleep.
    ive been thinking the same and afterwards get in a good w/o with him and casey.. not taht kinda w/o you sickos

im down for vegas in oct. its only like 4 hours away or so from where i am in AZ. ill see if jake wants to roll with me.
    PRs
    bp-295x2, 225x15 squat-405x3
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

All hail mase, the king of homosexual reference. - xian
    Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

Fuzzy Pics 6/07 http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=98659

Good, I'll meet you in Texas and you can leave Casey for me.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 09-06-2005 at 07:36 PM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

To each their own..

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Hmmm. I just might make a trip for you two clowns...DO you think we could get arrested in Vegas? That's gotta be a record waiting to happen.

Hmmm. I just might make a trip for you two clowns...DO you think we could get arrested in Vegas? That's gotta be a record waiting to happen.
    yes, yes we can and most likely will its gonna be the first time in vegas being 21 and if i dont get arrested it was not a good trip

i still gotta see if jake is down, but im his master so hes going..

would we be going to the show or do they have some kinda expo like at teh ahnuld?
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

Pfffff. I've had jerk off sessions more intense than that workout. StackAttack in reference to CanadianCripplers w/o

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    I may be going with a buddy of mine this year. The tickets are fairly expensive though and it may or may not interfere with my classes...I hope it won't.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

I think there is an Expo....I wouldn't go to the show honestly. Ronnie's gonna win it unless he dies or something.
    His winning streak has GOT to be affecting ticket sales now that I think about it.

I think there is an Expo....I wouldn't go to the show honestly. Ronnie's gonna win it unless he dies or something.
    His winning streak has GOT to be affecting ticket sales now that I think about it.
    I suspect that there will be VERY strong pressure for him to retire if he wins ten, which I think he will if they don't screw him out of it before then.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DenimDemon
    I suspect that there will be VERY strong pressure for him to retire if he wins ten, which I think he will if they don't screw him out of it before then.

"Screw him out of it"? You mean like Jay got screwed a few years back?

I can't stand watching it - it's all such politics. Yeah, Ron has dialed it in the last few goes, but still... He could show up looking like GARY Coleman and he'd win, just wayyyy too political. Always has been.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

ok im in for sure. as long as someone else goes cause it will be no fun being arrested by myself
    PRs
    height 5'2 weight 140lbs

MulletII - AKA Ninja Boner Gyno Rhino's Avatar
    Dude, give people some time to reply.
    Founding Member and CEO of the FFFA

"All that matters is beauty on the inside! Outside beauty doesn't matter!"
    ~This is something ugly people say to feel better about themselves...

"Strength and size don't matter! It's not fair to judge training knowledge based on strength and size!"
    ~This is something wussy people say to feel better about themselves...

Pearls of Wisdom...

Resident Ninja Demon (with a pet Radioactive Sloth) and SchlonkeyMaster of WBB!

Rock is my 'Big Viking Brother', and not in a homo-esque way.

And no COLON jokes, bastards!

He's reffering to the new standard that is starting to look down upon just plain ol' mass and lookin alot more for symmetry, shape, and wasp waists.