The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    I just read Chris article about bodybuilding myths, I definitely agree with the high reps for getting cut crap, and the whole article seems almost fine, however, I definitely dont agree with the idea that muscles doesnt have memory and that it doesnt matter how you hit your pecs, they will grow the same. I dont have any scientific evidence to prove this but, there was a guy at my gym, one big dude, but his pecs didnt look full, his program just included flats and declines, later, he spent like 3 months just doing inclines and flies, and I can tell you that his pecs looked better. When I hit a plateau, I change my routine, exercises, reps scheme, and thats the only way I can get over one of those bastards. I know I am goingo to get flamed after posting this, but thats my humble point of of view.

"Let.....the madness ( flames)....begin!!!"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Your observaton doesn't necessarily contradict Chris Mason's article.

It is possible that in flats and declines that his triceps, or front delts were fatiguing before his pecs. This might (I say might) explain why switching to fly's helped him build his pecs more.

Also, if he spent more effort on his pecs and cut out other stuff, then more of his bodies tissue repair mechanisms were put to work on his pecs.

I don't think you should get flamed but it does make sense that if a muscle is put through hard work in a complete range of motion that it will grow; regardless of how that range of motion is achieved.

Different exercises vary more in what muscles they hit than in how they hit the muscles they do.

The same can be said for different grips.
    Last edited by hemants; 02-27-2001 at 12:59 PM.

That's because he was a tricep or shoulder presser.

When he added in the flys he could isolate the chest.

What I think Chris means is that it doesn't matter how you stress the muscle (meaning a machine would be as effective as bumbells for a particular muscle, assuming the same ROM)

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    hey, you mofo - that article is nothing new, just basic information that the magazines dont cover at all. I agree with you, it did sort out all the different myths alright.