The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

Wannabebig New Member

2 Questions on routines, set #s and breaks

I just finished my 2nd week of WBB#1 with my dad and have a few questions. First is, what do you guys reccomend for breaks between sets and between different exercises, my dad doesn't seem to see the importance in this. Second is, why is every exercise only 2 sets at the most? Right when I feel I really get into the weight I'm done with my 2nd set. Would it be beneifical to cut out an exercise of each and make every other one 3 sets, to keep the time down, but expand on the exercises, or is there reasoning for keeping it only at 2.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I usually rest 45-60 seconds between sets. Sometimes longer if I'm going heavy and short in the reps.

How long does the whole workout take you, Deltaa?

Wannabebig New Member
    Each one takes about 45 minutes to an hour.
    Last edited by Deltaa00; 09-12-2005 at 07:48 AM.

That's the right length of time for a workout. You could try increasing the # sets to 3 - just make sure you keep the whole workout under an hour.

Add some warm-up sets before you lift the 2 working sets. 50% or so of what you plan on lifting for the working sets.
    And if you don't feel "into the weight" by set 2, up the amout of weight you are lifting, so you DO feel it.
    Think of the routine as a foundation, and eveyone usually will build up from there designing the routine to meet their goals.