Thread: Abs feel funny after new routine??

Abs feel funny after new routine??

After reading a thread on abs where Built mentioned this

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    I do my weighted ab work with a rolled up towel under my spine, so I get a greater ROM for the crunch. Up to about 30-45 degrees, try to plant your face on the ceiling, hold, lower.

TRUST me, you'll FEEL 'em.
    I thought I would try them out (And they feel great). After the first set, I was fine but I increased the weight on the second set. I stood up to get some water, as I bent over to get my mouth to water, it felt as though my lower abs were constricting in a way where they were pulling on my upper abs. Another way to explain the feeling is to say that if I bent over, right around my pelvis something was grabbing my abs and pulling down. I don't know if this makes sense or not or another way to explain it, it was an unusual feeling, but zero pain. Has anyone else experienced this?

After that, I decided to continue with weighted vertical leg raises and felt fine. Could I have pulled something while doing the crunches? Or maybe just muscles spasms?

sounds like cramped abs to me

Quote Originally Posted by malkore
    sounds like cramped abs to me
    Would cramped abs be something you just walk off, and then keep going on with the routine? If that were the case...

Yeah, that sounds like a cramped abs to me too, I experience it sometimes.
    Be careful with ROM when doing abs exercise, you want to get enough ROM to stimulate the abs but not overstretch it.

I once wanted to do vertical sit-up with my legs hanging on a bar but couldnt find a place to hang my legs, so I did sit-up in this horizontal bench where people do russian twists on. It was great, I could stretch my abs all the way down and get full ROM and felt it was a tough exercise without any extra weight on my chest, my abs were totally fired up.

During the night, I woke up with GREAT pain in my abs, boy....I remember crying, never experienced anything that painful in my whole life. I called my mom and she came over and took me to ER. First, the doctor thought there was something wrong with my appendix, but it wasnt and he concluded that I blew up my abs muscle fibers...I had to stay outta the gym for over a month
    Currently cutting