The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

5%-6% BF is possible for anyone?

Hi
    I ve been cutting for a few months now and seeing consistent result with it, I can finally say that I moved from around 12%-13% BF to a single digit BF.
    However, there is about 1-2 cm layer of fat on my lower abs that still needs to go.

The question is, do you think that anybody with proper diet, training, legal supplements and patience can keep cutting until he gets down to 5% BF?
    Would you sooner or later hit plateau due to some genetic limitations that come into play like any other things?

Discuss please.
    Currently cutting

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Banned
    I wouldnt think so. It just comes down to dedication. I mean, after all youre just removing fat from your body. I wouldnt think genetics play a role in how much fat you can lose. Probably in how fast you can lose it though.

3:16
    you can get to 5% fat.

however getting to 5% fat with a decent amount of muscle and not seriously harming yourself in the process is a different question
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Yeah I think it's possible. It just seems like the last stores of fat for you must be in that area. It's the same for me... I'm about 10% bodyfat and it seems like it's all in the stomach so I'm gonna cut again soon. GO FOR IT!
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Grasshoppa
    It is possible for anyone to reach those levels. How easily attainable a goal that is varies with each individual. While someone's body may very easily hit single digit bodyfat levels, others' bodies may stall in the double digits, thus making you work much harder than someone else.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Thanks everybody for the input. I asked the question because I have read many people say that have certain stubborn fat that seems to never go away. Luckily I havent found any stubborn fat in my body yet =D.
    According to my calculation, I should hit 5-6% BF in about over 2 months, if my progress should be linear and I don't lose muscle mass, oh well, patience is virtue
    Last edited by rookies; 09-13-2005 at 10:52 PM.
    Currently cutting

3:16
    your unlike to get linear progress, half the reason for this, is as you get smaller your metabolic rate will decrease, your body more and more will try and loose muscle over fat. you will get tired.

why do you want to be 5% bf?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Grasshoppa
    Oh, you'll find some stubborn bodyfat towards the end. You doing a photo shoot or entering a competition? You'll find it hard on your body to maintain that bodyfat level for an extended period of time.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

in addition to dieting, when you hit a plateau you should add cardio.

it's all something Built told me awhile ago, subcutaneous fats or something like that.

but as mentioned above, you have to be SO careful not to lose mass. so. careful.
    delete this account

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Yeah, what's the reasoning for being 5% bf? Unless it's for competition or something, I'd say you shouldn't go below 7-8% for long periods of time. It's not healthy.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Thanks for your concern, well I want to reach low BF as possible and still being healthy.

But yeah 5% might be a little bit too low, 6-7% should do it, I just want to have that fitness look. I also try to avoid hitting plateau, I started taking ECA stack in the 2nd month of cutting and I just recently adds HIIT to my schedule last week, so things should work out fine.
    Currently cutting

As big as your momma
    5-8 is pretty ripped man. shoot, 8-10 is pretty ripped in all honesty. if you get to that point, just keep from bloating and retaining water and you'll be solid. the more mass you have, the better you'll look as far as that athletic look. i know guys that are 10% and aren't very muscular and look soft and i know guys that are 10%, built very well and look awesome. mass helps

Im holding between 8-9% at the moment and its hard getting lower. The cravings get real tough and when your trying to hold as much muscle as possible it makes the task even harder. i think the best tool is an appetite suppressant, ala ephedra (have used it in the past, but not really a fan anymore as the highs and lows were not pleasant especially when your job is based around 1-2-1 interaction with others)

stick with it and give it your all, thats all you can give. if you get to 5% then congrats, but you wont stay there for long i promise!
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...