The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

First squat suit. Help!

So I just got a new Z-suit from Inzer. Size 32 (I'm about 188 now). I'm really having a hard time putting it on. Is this something I can do by myself? I can't seem to get the legs up all the way. I was thinking of putting some talcum powder on my legs to help slide it up. Did I just get it too small? Help!

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

You probably won't be able to get it on by yourself. Sounds like you got the right size.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

"Suit slippers" are worth every penny... Ladies stockings (covering the foot and coming up about mid-thigh) would probably work although I swear I've never tried it!

I can get the suit up my thigh about halfway, so the stocking idea probably wouldn't work. I'll see about getting the slippers. Money is tight.

I'm going to give it another try tonight. I feel like I should be able to at least get it up my thighs by myself. (Which would be good since I train alone).

If you get long enough stockings, it should work. Suit slippers are essentially stockings made of heavier material so they can withstand a little abuse.
    "Nothing beats a great pair of Leggs!"

OK thanks, I'll give it a try.

Definately get the suit slippers. I can't even come close to getting my suit on without them.

The first time I tried to put my suit on, it took me a half hour to get to the point where someone would have to pull the straps up.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Eat and eat and eat and... ThatSkinnyGuy's Avatar
    Don't squat suits lace up in the back?
    It turns out the answer to every question is still deadlift and eat.

OK thanks guys, at least now I don't feel like a moron trying to get this thing on. I'll get the slippers asap.

Skinny Guy, I've never seen a squat suit that laced up in the back. Besides, how would that help me get it up my thighs???

Sounds like somebody needs to learn the "Inzer Dance".
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

lol.

Well, last night I tried it with my Underarmor shorts and got it almost all the way up. I'll try it tonight with stockings and see how it goes, since I can't wear shorts under the suit in comp.

Eat and eat and eat and... ThatSkinnyGuy's Avatar
    I might have been thinking of a bench suit? I dunno. The numbers warranting the use of such devices are far beyond my frail weights, for sure.

Good luck getting the resilient bugger on, regardless of straps, buckles, or laces.
    It turns out the answer to every question is still deadlift and eat.

Some guys will do anything to cross dress lol.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Yeah, Sensei finally has me wearing women's undergarments. And I gotta say, it feels kinda sexy. That don't make me queer right? ... right. (50 bonus points to anyone who gets the reference)

So anyway, I tried it with the stockings and I got it all the way up. Man does it hurt if I even bend my knees a little. I'm hoping that's normal. So I got it on by myself but could not manage to get the straps up. Tomorrow I will give it a test ride and *hopefully* there will be someone in the gym to help with the straps. Otherwise I'll have to just go straps down.

what i used to do was similar. i cut the sleeves off one of my longsleeve underarmor shirts and used those. worked like a charm.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    Yeah, Sensei finally has me wearing women's undergarments. And I gotta say, it feels kinda sexy...

So anyway, I tried it with the stockings and I got it all the way up. Man does it hurt if I even bend my knees a little. I'm hoping that's normal...

So I got it on by myself but could not manage to get the straps up.

Tomorrow I will give it a test ride and *hopefully* there will be someone in the gym to help with the straps. Otherwise I'll have to just go straps down.
    Wow! This quote is rife with material if taken out of context and looked at with a certain mind-in-the-gutter kind of way...

btw (and seriously), I'm glad it worked. We've all been there when it comes to PL equipment and it's a fun problem to deal with.
    Last edited by Sensei; 09-14-2005 at 10:12 PM.

Yeah well, we all kind of have our mind in the gutter anyway though. As always Sensei, thanks for your input. You're a tremendous resource.

Biggimp, that's not a bad idea either.

Figured I would cut Drew a break on the last one.
    Remember, to get big, you have to get strong. The two are interconnected. Lift heavy, work hard, and size will come. Like night follows day. It works. Arnold
    Do work son. Big Black (Rob and Big)

Much appreciated bill. lol

Well, I did it. Got my first squat-suit workout in. It was painful as hell, but I got a huge PR and I feel like I just need to get used to it and I'll be hitting a lot more in the near future.

Quick recap, I managed to get the suit on with no help. got it up the legs and did a couple sets with the straps down to seat into it a bit, then figured out how to get the straps up by myself. Wrapping my knees was interesting to say the least. But when all was said and done, I walked out of the gym with a 455 squat, bruised thighs and a big grin.

Thanks again guys, for all your help.

I can usually get straps on myself if I have access to a power cage w. j-hooks or safety rods. It's no fun, but it works. Having a partner is nice though because they can help you get the straps positioned correctly and give you a little slack around the chest.

Congratulations btw!! How did the suit feel?

Quote Originally Posted by drew

Quick recap, I managed to get the suit on with no help. got it up the legs and did a couple sets with the straps down to seat into it a bit, then figured out how to get the straps up by myself. Wrapping my knees was interesting to say the least. But when all was said and done, I walked out of the gym with a 455 squat, bruised thighs and a big grin.
    I love powerlifting.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Thanks Sensei. It felt like murder on my thighs. They're pretty tender today. I had a hard time getting a good arch, I really had to force it, but I think that will make me stronger anyway, so I'll take it. The hips and waist actually felt pretty good.

Paul: Totally.