The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I need to talk

Listen, what you got, you will never ever get rid off, its genetic to worry, its proven that its genetic. But you can limit that worry and those complexes to a degree where it wont bother you as much. Bodybuilding, martial arts, and forcing your self to experience something you hate, over and over again, will minimalize this feeling of inferiority.

Now, having sex with a woman is medicine against everything. Go get a membership on a dating net site in your local area and send mails to all women.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

See a professional. They can help you work through your inferiority problems, etc. It's easy for anyone to say "snap out of it". Unfortunately, it isn't that easy for the person experiencing it.

If you broke your leg, no one would be telling you to "snap out of it". In a sense, the same thing is going on with your attitude/mind/personality. You need help to make things right. There's nothing wrong with that. I've been around it alot, so I'm really sick of the stigma attached to emotional medical treatment/therapy (especially for men).
    Last edited by Wierz; 09-16-2005 at 07:16 AM.
    My Progress Pics
    My WBB Journal

"So basically you're asking us how not to be a whiner?" - Anthony (aka funniest mofo here)

"Not to generalize, but most chicks put more emphasis on facial features instead of body. So if you're striking out, you're probably ugly." - Anthony (aka Funniest mofo here)

"This isn't a gay bodybuilding forum???" - Mrelwooddowd

He is a young man, his needs are basic, primitive and self explaniorooaoairitory, I can write, r e sp ect I know what it means to me.

Now seriously, to be a man, a young man, in the world today, is not and was never easy.

I need background music here...lets see...this thing..called love, I juust caaant handle it..this thing caalled love..I just can handle it..crazy little thing called love....bam bam...bam baaam bbaam baaam bam bmam bam bam...

Now..I kinda like it, this crazy little thing called love.

And you like it too, because youre a young man, just like me

We got the same worrys, we got the same needs, we got the same dreams, now you just gotta learn, that somethings in life you just have to earn.

And thats self respect, now...if you cant handle it, this thing called life, you gotta to know one thing, you have to look in the mirror, and say that you are strong in all areas of life.
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Sweating and grunting...where you should be.
    I have voices too, in all honesty. They actually bicker with me and I lose some of the times....my sanity worries me sometimes to the point where I have to go somewhere private so I can yell at them. I bet in 10 years I'll be put away somewhere...
    HT: 6'3 / WT: 265lbs 16%BF

"Somewhere along the line, we seem to have confused comfort with happiness."

MMA Guru
    - I like girls -

Quick notes I got from reading your thread
    -The little voice in your head is called a sub-conscious and everyone has that.
    -Your very pessimistic person. (You way too hard on yourself.)
    - You have had girlfriends before, which means someone from the opposite sex at one point or another found you to be attractive.
    -You care a lot about what other people think and put a lot stock into what they say being the truth of the matter. (Which is a bad thing)
    - Fat doesn't equal ugliness. Ugliness equals Ugliness. You can lose the weight, but you can't stop being ugly. (If you need a confident boost check the people out at uglypeople.com).

Here the top 4 reasons you are still a virgin: 1. Unrealistic standards, 2. Desperate, 3. Not Taking care of yourself, 4. dateable.

Most of your problem is within 3 and 4. Let face it you haven't been taking care of yourself for a while now and that has taking it toll on you. Your going to have to change your lifestyle and start taking care of yourself (lose the weight). Dateable: If you want a pretty girlfriend youíre going to have to bring something to the table. Here the trade off, the more good looking the guy you are the less personality you need to have. If youíre decent looking then you are going to need more personality. If you wish not to lose the weight, then you should just go to #1. Drop your standards and find someone from the opposite sex who is as overweight and out of shape as yourself.

For the way you think (mindset), I recommend you go to a psychologist. You have been thinking that way for a long time now, your not going to change over night. This is a gradual process in which you begin to think more optimistic of yourself and leads to higher self-esteem.

Quote Originally Posted by Wierz
    See a professional. They can help you work through your inferiority problems, etc. It's easy for anyone to say "snap out of it". Unfortunately, it isn't that easy for the person experiencing it.

If you broke your leg, no one would be telling you to "snap out of it". In a sense, the same thing is going on with your attitude/mind/personality. You need help to make things right. There's nothing wrong with that. I've been around it alot, so I'm really sick of the stigma attached to emotional medical treatment/therapy (especially for men).
    As a sidenote I already strongly recommended a psychologist/psychiatrist(sp?) earlier.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Just a guy
    I thank everyone for their advice. Sometimes, I think I am going crazy with the voices in my head. The thing that gets me is, even though I know that there's no possible way that the voice that says people are looking at me is right, it still bothers me for some reason.

I just will have to work on using it to my advantage. It might take a while, but hopefully, it will be inspiration instead of what it is now.

It is really annoying to have your logical side tell you there's no possible way that anyone's worried about you, but that little voice keeps making you self concious.

Meh. Stupid voices.
    Just want to be better than I am now and nothing less will do.

you need to have sex and alot of it

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bandit
    I just will have to work on using it to my advantage. It might take a while, but hopefully, it will be inspiration instead of what it is now.
    It will never be inspirational. Trust me... I know first hand. Never. It will undercut you at every opportunity. It will say the scales reading that you lost 30 pounds are uncalibrated, even if you use a 20lb db and it reads it as a flawless 20. It won't see the lines forming on your back or feel your arm and back muscles swell as you wash your hair.

Fight it. Tell it 'bull****' on a regular basis. Go back and lift a weight you remember being barely able to. Do something you're good at ... it doesn't matter what. Set and meet goals and hold their image in your mind and say 'see? I *can* succeed.' You only TRULY fail when you don't learn something from whatever you didn't succeed at doing yet.

And don't hope. Hope is used when you have a lack of control. You hope you win the lottery. You hope the light turns green before you pull up to it. THIS you control. THere's no need to hope. There's just a need to DO.
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer
    It will never be inspirational. Trust me... I know first hand. Never. It will undercut you at every opportunity. It will say the scales reading that you lost 30 pounds are uncalibrated, even if you use a 20lb db and it reads it as a flawless 20. It won't see the lines forming on your back or feel your arm and back muscles swell as you wash your hair.

Fight it. Tell it 'bull****' on a regular basis. Go back and lift a weight you remember being barely able to. Do something you're good at ... it doesn't matter what. Set and meet goals and hold their image in your mind and say 'see? I *can* succeed.' You only TRULY fail when you don't learn something from whatever you didn't succeed at doing yet.

And don't hope. Hope is used when you have a lack of control. You hope you win the lottery. You hope the light turns green before you pull up to it. THIS you control. THere's no need to hope. There's just a need to DO.
    Good post.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

Just a guy
    I'm still glad I made this thread. Lots of good advice and I got this stuff off my chest.

I'm still kinda dreading going to the gym. I'm at home with some dumbells for now, but I'll have to hit the gym eventually. I know I'll be....intimidated I think is a good word...by the other guys who've been there a lot longer, but I'll get over it.

On another note, have you ever been sad and happy at the same time. I get kinda depressed when I drive by the college here (God bless college chicks in shorts) but I'm happy all the time anyway.

Plus the term "broken head", which is what I'm calling those voices, tends to amuse me for some reason.

/end rambling
    Just want to be better than I am now and nothing less will do.

Once you go to a gym, either you'll stick with it or you'll never set foot in one again.

What will you do the day after tomorrow?

Stash
    me: so this is the "pump" you speak of
    me: I could never figure out what people were talking about
    Relentless: like an all over body hardon, yeah

Food log

The Focused Chronicles

I have the same problem...my voices self talk me to death...Just dont listen to the voices bro...

One thing that I have done in the past to overcome the self talk, is using a dry erase board and positing only positive things on there and keeping it someplace in plain view...so i can always see it. that has helped me somewhat

You've come to the right forum. There are literally hundreds of people on this board who have made significant changes to their fitness lifestyle and the results include better health, better physique, improved self confidence and (perhaps most importantly) increased self worth.

Best wishes. You have the power to change yourself.

--Steve

What is this..you know..you dont need nothing but some good news.

You need good news!

And I am the postmaaayun

now listen up

Todays good news is that youre young, you got food a good place money parents friends, and Jack Black is funny and saturday night live is great, ENJOY THESE GOOD NEWS!

youre not alone man just know taht

im always paranoid O_O
    I don't have time. I make time.