The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 251 to 275 of 564
  1. #251
    Senior Member wannab250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    0
    i gained about 18 lbs in my first month of training back in 04. and the second month i gained about 12, third month bout 6, then slow from there on out. point is, if you start with someone like me 6"0 apprx 150 lbs with hardly eating much and never working out..

    if they become serious as i was(no job, just lost girlfriend of 4 years) they will be able to gain huge amounts of weight as long as they are highly motivated and can afford all the food/suppliments.. i am proof and have pics to prove it.. i know it wasnt 100% muscle but what could you possible expect, it sure looked like it was i got up to 190 naturally and still looked VERY lean.. what wrong with a few lbs of body fat?? not a damn thing IMO

  2. #252
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    23
    i am in the same boat as the last poster.

    except i want to start right now i'm interested in this workout. i'm just confused, and wondering if there's

    1) websites where i can order some of this equipment for cheaper than real stores (specifically the bar)
    2) explanation on warmup sets...since i have absolutely no idea of what i can/should be able to do at the moment, and i'm confused about what 'warmup' really means
    3) a good list of stretches/exercises so i don't hurt myself
    4) explanations/diagrams/videos of some of these routines. is this site enough and accurate?
    5) can i do some mild cardio inbetween workout days

    and any other tips? you guys might remember what problems you ran into as newbs so im' all ears i'm still sorting out how much i will need to be eating, and i plan on ordering those supplements shortly.

    btw, i am 5'11" 150-155lbs, and i don't eat much atm
    Last edited by rma11; 12-28-2005 at 11:13 AM.

  3. #253
    Senior Member Meat_Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    3,315
    Research!
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

  4. #254
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    23
    any helpful links tho?

  5. #255
    Senior Member thajeepster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by RBC13
    I believe he said 15 pounds of muscle in one month. Impossible. But 15 LBS of fat, water, and muscle=possible
    25 X 170lbs = 4250 cals... if i ate that every day, id gain 15lbs of something alright.

  6. #256
    Senior Member teenathlete3030's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    189
    Well, I'm right on track for gaining 15 pounds a month... even more. In 11 days (starting a week ago Sunday) I've put on 6 pounds. Do the math:

    11 days divided by 7 days/week= 1.57 weeks

    6lb divided by 1.57 weeks= 3.8 lb/week

    3.8 X 4weeks/month = 15 pounds in one month

    Also take into account that there are more than 28 days in a month. That means I'm on track for 15+lb in one month.
    6'0" 180
    Vertical 29" Running= 37" 40= 4.70
    Big 3: Squat= 320
    ........Bench= 275
    ........Deadlift= 350ish?
    OL: .....Clean= 270 150%
    ...........Snatch= 200 111%

  7. #257
    Senior Member Jorge Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,608
    Good work, but your gains will likely slow a bit. When I start a bulk I gain alot of weight very quickly for the first week or two.

    Regardless that's still great progress.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

  8. #258
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by teenathlete3030
    Well, I'm right on track for gaining 15 pounds a month... even more. In 11 days (starting a week ago Sunday) I've put on 6 pounds. Do the math:

    11 days divided by 7 days/week= 1.57 weeks

    6lb divided by 1.57 weeks= 3.8 lb/week

    3.8 X 4weeks/month = 15 pounds in one month

    Also take into account that there are more than 28 days in a month. That means I'm on track for 15+lb in one month.
    any tom, dick, or harry could gain 15 lbs in one month. just pound your face with food. heck people have been known to gain 15 lbs in 3 days. yes three days. gaining 15lbs of muscle in one month, steroid free, is impossible. I dont care how new one is to the sport or what any supplement promoting motherf***** says.

    I see pics of people "bulking" all the time, whose bulk consisted of 95% FAT.

  9. #259
    It is unbelievable to how many ppl actually believe this ****. For the experienced and knowledgable ones, taking a look at the information of what Chris has gave you, there is no way in hell you can gain 15lbs in a single month of muslce. I dont give a **** how amazing your genetics are, what supplements your taking, how much of a beginner you are, it just wont happen. The reason im hating Chris, is because it pisses me off to see a split like the one you gave out and your strategies you used to sell your products. It just wont work for anyone! And to even mention that if your 200+ and lean, you will still make amazing gains? This frustrates me so much because there are so many ppl out there that are almost pure ectomorphs that would do and listen to anyone just to put on size and dedicate their time to bull **** like this. And still put on close to nothing. Do you understand how frustrating it is for ppl like that? Anyways, if you are at the beginner/intermediate level and would do anything to increase your mass...send me a private message and I can almost guarantee you, youll increase your gains.

  10. #260
    mrelwooddowd Patz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    BFE, KY
    Posts
    9,845
    The man has the answer! PM him! Now!
    _________________________

    5/3/1 Journal


    http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

  11. #261
    Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Pavilion
    Posts
    6,776
    >7.5lbs of muscle in a month for a new trainee is very possible. There is no argument there.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

    "im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

    "had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

    "most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

    "We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

    "Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

  12. #262
    Is there proof to that? 7.5lbs of pure lean muscle? Unless your on some sort of miracle steriod I dont know about, I dont even believe you can gain that sort of muscle mass in that short of time. If you can proove it to me with pictures of any other form, I would love to see it. Really.

  13. #263
    sissy Bohizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,137
    search for his progress pictures, u will see it.
    Do what needs to be done.

    Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

  14. #264
    Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Pavilion
    Posts
    6,776
    I didn't gain anything close to 7.5lbs of muscle in a month. I didn't even gain that much weight monthly, let alone purely muscle.

    I still think it's possible for many new trainees whom follow the program and diet properly. All? No way. But some for sure.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

    "im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

    "had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

    "most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

    "We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

    "Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

  15. #265
    sissy Bohizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,137
    my bad, figured u did as ur progress seemed very quick.
    Do what needs to be done.

    Every time I was in the hole I swear a turd kissed my underwear. - Hatred
    I love snatch. I think I'm addicted to it. - Stray
    I like a woman I can climb - Jinkies
    Personally ... I'm a vagitarian - Brawl
    I don't box, but I'll have a dance off with any of you tools. When I get all my 230 lbs shaking and grooving you bet your a$$es you'll get served. - BilltheButcher

  16. #266
    *Bingo Fuel clawhammer_33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    MSP, MN
    Posts
    767
    Quote Originally Posted by Intensity&Focus
    It is unbelievable to how many ppl actually believe this ****. For the experienced and knowledgable ones, taking a look at the information of what Chris has gave you, there is no way in hell you can gain 15lbs in a single month of muslce. I dont give a **** how amazing your genetics are, what supplements your taking, how much of a beginner you are, it just wont happen. The reason im hating Chris, is because it pisses me off to see a split like the one you gave out and your strategies you used to sell your products. It just wont work for anyone! And to even mention that if your 200+ and lean, you will still make amazing gains? This frustrates me so much because there are so many ppl out there that are almost pure ectomorphs that would do and listen to anyone just to put on size and dedicate their time to bull **** like this. And still put on close to nothing. Do you understand how frustrating it is for ppl like that? Anyways, if you are at the beginner/intermediate level and would do anything to increase your mass...send me a private message and I can almost guarantee you, youll increase your gains.

    I bet your about 150, and a trainer at a chain gym..am I right?

    its possible, and this is an excellent routine.
    Face it: biceps are the muscle that classifies you as a muscle man.

    Striding across the fields, carrying a vorpal blade, cometh Clawhammer! And he gives a bloodthirsty bellow:

    "As sure as predators devour prey, I shall paint the town a sanguine shade of doom!!!"
    Hilarity

  17. #267
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Intensity&Focus
    It is unbelievable to how many ppl actually believe this ****. For the experienced and knowledgable ones, taking a look at the information of what Chris has gave you, there is no way in hell you can gain 15lbs in a single month of muslce. I dont give a **** how amazing your genetics are, what supplements your taking, how much of a beginner you are, it just wont happen. The reason im hating Chris, is because it pisses me off to see a split like the one you gave out and your strategies you used to sell your products. It just wont work for anyone! And to even mention that if your 200+ and lean, you will still make amazing gains? This frustrates me so much because there are so many ppl out there that are almost pure ectomorphs that would do and listen to anyone just to put on size and dedicate their time to bull **** like this. And still put on close to nothing. Do you understand how frustrating it is for ppl like that? Anyways, if you are at the beginner/intermediate level and would do anything to increase your mass...send me a private message and I can almost guarantee you, youll increase your gains.
    I totally agree with you. There were many people on here totally sucking his **** because he is the owner of the board.

    his routine is pure unadulterated crap too. In it one performs only one or two sets to almost failure and you actually increase the weight with each set. That is some big time bs. If one is doing 8 reps and can still increase the weight and still do 8 then he is simply not using enough weight in the earlier sets and will not grow . PERIOD. If one is using big weight as they should when they want to grow, one would take a heavy mother of a weight, push it 8 times, then take that same weight, maybe push it 7 times, and then a final set of that same exact weight times 6 times. If you can push a weight 3sets of 8, that weight is not heavy enough. if you can pyramid weights 3sets of 8, increasing the weight each set, then one is wasting their time in the gym and might as well go run or swim or some other form of cardio.

  18. #268
    Slow but Steady ancom41's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    1,039
    on a bulk.. adding 15lb's of muscle is probably adding like 20lbs of total weight (adding in the fat that comes with the bulk, theres no way you could gain 15lbs on a clean bulk.. imo) That seems like an outragious amount of weight for a 4 week period.

    Height: 6'2
    Weight: 195 (01JAN09)
    B/F: 11%
    Goal Weight: 210
    Starting weight: 150 (10/1/04)

  19. #269
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    0
    Funny that all the people that have tried the routine have reported back with positive results.

    All the people slagging it off haven't tried and are also unwilling to try.

  20. #270
    Senior Member Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Intensity&Focus
    It is unbelievable to how many ppl actually believe this ****. For the experienced and knowledgable ones, taking a look at the information of what Chris has gave you, there is no way in hell you can gain 15lbs in a single month of muslce. I dont give a **** how amazing your genetics are, what supplements your taking, how much of a beginner you are, it just wont happen. The reason im hating Chris, is because it pisses me off to see a split like the one you gave out and your strategies you used to sell your products. It just wont work for anyone! And to even mention that if your 200+ and lean, you will still make amazing gains? This frustrates me so much because there are so many ppl out there that are almost pure ectomorphs that would do and listen to anyone just to put on size and dedicate their time to bull **** like this. And still put on close to nothing.
    Read his original post. It doesn't claim pure muscle, it claims mostly lean mass. You know the difference between muscle and lean mass, right? I hope so if you are soliciting business from this forum. By the way, be careful with that or you'll end up banned.
    Last edited by Paul Stagg; 03-17-2006 at 12:27 PM.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

  21. #271
    Senior Member Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,020
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard
    I totally agree with you. There were many people on here totally sucking his **** because he is the owner of the board.

    his routine is pure unadulterated crap too. In it one performs only one or two sets to almost failure and you actually increase the weight with each set. That is some big time bs. If one is doing 8 reps and can still increase the weight and still do 8 then he is simply not using enough weight in the earlier sets and will not grow . PERIOD. If one is using big weight as they should when they want to grow, one would take a heavy mother of a weight, push it 8 times, then take that same weight, maybe push it 7 times, and then a final set of that same exact weight times 6 times. If you can push a weight 3sets of 8, that weight is not heavy enough. if you can pyramid weights 3sets of 8, increasing the weight each set, then one is wasting their time in the gym and might as well go run or swim or some other form of cardio.
    Anyone who knows anything about training will view your post as completely crap. Don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should open your mind. Not everyone has the same training goals and not everyone is going to do 3 sets of 8, 7, 6 to failure. Doesn't mean it's wrong. Chris has forgot more about training then you currently know, so before you start flinging insults, maybe you should do some research or better yet, give it a try.
    Last edited by Anthony; 03-17-2006 at 12:42 PM.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

  22. #272
    Senior Member Anthony's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    12,020
    Quote Originally Posted by WildCard
    I totally agree with you. There were many people on here totally sucking his **** because he is the owner of the board.
    And btw, Chris doesn't own the board. People respect him because of his knowledge AND because he backs up that knowledge with some pretty damn impressive size and strength. You'd do well to tone it down.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

  23. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidelmo
    Funny that all the people that have tried the routine have reported back with positive results.

    All the people slagging it off haven't tried and are also unwilling to try.
    we all know that people are completely honest and never exagerrate on the internet.

  24. #274
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Anyone who knows anything about training will view your post as completely crap. Don't take this the wrong way, but maybe you should open your mind. Not everyone has the same training goals and not everyone is going to do 3 sets of 8, 7, 6 to failure. Doesn't mean it's wrong. Chris has forgot more about training then you currently know, so before you start flinging insults, maybe you should do some research or better yet, give it a try.
    have you ever used AAS? did this chris train naturally or did he use AAS?
    Last edited by Anthony; 03-17-2006 at 12:43 PM.

  25. #275
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    You'd do well to tone it down.
    or what? you'll ban me? do what you feel you must.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •