Page 1 of 23 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 15 lbs of muscle in ONE MONTH!!!

15 lbs of muscle in ONE MONTH!!!

The title of this thread grabbed your attention, didn’t it? Adding 15 lbs of primarily lean muscle mass in one month may seem like a pipedream to many of you. You slave away 4, 5, or more days a week in the gym and you faithfully take your protein supplements yet you just don’t get the results you want. The resulting frustration has made you decide you are one of those “hard gainers” and that getting huge without drugs just isn’t in the cards for you.

You’re not a “hard gainer”, you just haven’t done it right! If you follow the instructions in this thread you WILL gain 15 lbs of mass in one month! Yeah, I know, you have read it all before and I am full of it. Yes and no. This thread is geared primarily to those who are either relatively new to training or have been doing it all wrong since they have been training. The natural guy who is 210 lbs with relatively low body fat may not gain 15 lbs but he will make phenomenal progress.

The program and dietary regimen described here WILL pack on the mass at an unprecedented rate and will make you a bigger and stronger individual than you currently are regardless of your training experience.

Diet and training play equal parts in this plan with respect to the fact that if you don’t eat enough you won’t be gaining much of anything and if you don’t train you certainly won’t be gaining anything but fat!

The number one mistake most young men make when trying to gain muscular weight is that they just don’t eat enough! A natural trainee simply isn’t going to get huge eating like a bird! You might think you are eating a “lot” but you aren’t. Your stomach needs to adapt in order to allow you to consume sufficient calories. You might be full but that doesn’t mean you are eating enough to support massive gains. Now, I am not suggesting that you eat until you vomit but you need to eat until you are uncomfortable and eat when you are not feeling hungry. Over time your stomach will adapt and it will not be difficult to consume the necessary number of calories.

What is the necessary number of calories? For young men in the 17-22 year old range 25 calories per pound of body weight are the minimum. If you don’t see rapid enough results with that you can increase from there. You should consume healthy foods which are as natural as possible, calorie dense, and high in quality protein. Just SOME of the best foods are as follows:

Red meats
    Fish
    Poultry
    Eggs
    Whole milk
    Cheeses
    Peanut butter

I know the following is going to sound like a plug and I suppose it is but it is also my absolute honest opinion. If you want to optimize your gains you need to supplement properly. You need to include the 3 following supplements:

Nitrean or Opticen (protein supplements)
    Creatine 500 (Creapure TM creatine monohydrate)
    ETS (a completely unique product that will greatly enhance you recovery)

My company, AtLarge Nutrition sells each of the above products (www.atlargenutrition.com) and they are as good as it gets in terms of quality and efficacy.

A solid protein supplement is a must when trying to gain as much muscle mass as possible. Nitrean and Opticen use a blend of whey, casein, and egg proteins for increased net retention and therefore results.

Creatine is the most scientifically proven supplement ever offered. It will increase mass and strength for the vast majority of those who use it. If you want to be as big and strong as you can be naturally creatine is a MUST.

At the beginning of this thread I mentioned that no appreciable progress in size or strength will occur without training. This is an immutable fact. What is also a fact is that if you can train harder, longer, and more frequently and still properly recover from said exercise you will make greater progress at a faster pace. ETS allows just that to occur. It is a completely unique, and in my opinion utterly amazing supplement that SAFELY enhances recovery ability quite dramatically in most users.

If you want to add maximum mass in a minimum timeframe Nitrean (or Opticen), Creatine 500, and ETS are the supplement keys!

You can eat right and supplement correctly but you HAVE to bust your ass in the gym if you want your ultimate goal of huge size and strength to come to fruition. More accurately, you have to PROPERLY bust your ass in the gym to make optimal progress in size and strength. If you want to add 15 lbs of mass in the next month give the following routine a go:

Key:

The set and rep schemes will be displayed in the following manner:

4 x 8/8/6*/6*

The first number is the total count of sets to include warm-ups. The following numbers separated by a “/” are the individual set rep counts. So, in the above example you would perform 4 sets of 8 reps for the 1st set, 8 reps for the 2nd set, and 6 reps for the 3rd and 4th sets. Each rep count with an asterisk following it indicates this is a working set and not a warm-up. Again, in the above example the last 2 sets are working sets which are to be taken to within 1-3 reps of concentric failure.

Monday:

Stiff-legged deadlift – 5 x 8/8/6/6/15*

Rest at least 10 minutes

Squats – 5 x 10/8/6/8*/8* --- Take a 5 minute rest between working sets.

Calf raises – 3 x 10/20*/20*

Wednesday:

Standing military press – 6 x 8/8/6/6*/4*/4* --- Rest 5 minutes between working sets.

Weighted dips – 3 x 10/10*/10*

Weighted chins (if possible to use added weight) – 3 x 10/8*/8*

Friday:

Deadlifts – 4 x 10/6/3/3*

Leg press – 5 x 10/8/10*/10*/10* --- Rest 5 minutes or more between working sets.

That’s it! This program works the largest muscles of your body intensely and will stimulate MASSIVE gains in overall size and strength if combined with the diet tips and supplements indicated above. You progress will be so incredible your friends will accuse you of being on steroids!

What are you waiting for? Get the products, foods, and get your training in order and be 15 lbs bigger in ONE MONTH!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    I've gained that much in a month. It's nothing spectacular. Just lots of freaking food and hittin' the weights hard in the gym. There's no special formula. It's just food + weights + dedication + striving to always achieve more = gains.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Gaining 15lbs in 1 month is really good progress, for anyone.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

I believe he said 15 pounds of muscle in one month. Impossible. But 15 LBS of fat, water, and muscle=possible

For a beginner, like he suggested, a monster diet plus big movements could yield a good 10+lbs of muscle in 1 month.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Matt04
    why is there no work for chest (assuming dips are for tri's) and only 1 for your lats(not including deadlifts)?

Just a question chris, the working sets with the asterix are obviously going to be the heavier weights but how come your having wamr up sets for each exercise and so many??? or am i reading it wrong. Just wondering the reason for this as i warm up first exercise then dont again.
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Banned
    I don't think the body could build half a pound of muscle in one day without a protein IV and steroids. I think Chris just went from Super to Mediocre.

But do you KNOW it can't?
    The Reconstruction Project (Journal)

Age: 34, Height: 5'4, Weight: 185, BF: somewhere between 15 and 45%

Weightlifting Start Date: July 26, 2005 - Bench 95 x 6, Dead 110 x 8, Smith Squat 180 x 8
    Bests: Bench 185 x 8, Dead 400 x 1, Zercher Squat 295 x 3

Stop thinking and go lift - Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by ShockBoxer
    But do you KNOW it can't?
    A person can pretty much only add an ounce of LBM/day max. I'm with tony on this one.

Lol at the naysayers.

Come on! Someone who is not close to their genetic potential, not using creatine or ETS, and not eating or training properly can CERTAINLY add 15 lbs of PRIMARILY lean muscle in one month.

Others will add varying amounts of muscle but NEARLY EVERYONE who follows the outlined program will add a lot of muscle.

Any formula about how much muscle one can add per day is absolutely asinine as there are too many variables via individuality.

The dips will work your chest and there is only one specific exercise for your lats because they will be worked with both the overhead presses and the deadlift variations. The routine pummels your lower back, hips, and legs because they are the core of massive growth potential in your body. Trust me, that routine will net you HUGE results.

A very similar routine has worked quite nicely for me over the years. I am natural and can outlift many a drug user. The choice is yours, but if you want to be BIG you need to give this program a try.
    Last edited by chris mason; 09-18-2005 at 09:21 AM.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony H
    I don't think the body could build half a pound of muscle in one day without a protein IV and steroids. I think Chris just went from Super to Mediocre.
    Well, you are certainly welcome to your opinion.

I do think your opinion is based upon your own failure to make the progress you so desperately want. Maybe you should give this a try prior to stating an ignorant opinion.

Banned
    chris, i would do something like this if it had the isolation of certain muscles that i was looking for...im not looking for overall strength, im going for more of a bodybuilder-add mass style lift, and this lift is defenitely not going to work for that type of routine just based on the amount of muscles that dont get worked in this routine as much as they could...however with some modification that could be changed

example: add 2 sets for bi's, tris, normal grip chins or pull ups, shrugs/seated rear delt raise, front shoulder raises, ab workout, leg extensions, like 4 more chest workouts, some other little stuff

my question to you is why NOT do these workouts after doing the major compounds that you listed? there would obviously be no negative affect, so why not do more at the gym then just 2 things a day or what have you?
    Last edited by greathuskie; 09-18-2005 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by greathuskie
    chris, i would do something like this if it had the isolation of certain muscles that i was looking for...im not looking for overall strength, im going for more of a bodybuilder-add mass style lift, and this lift is defenitely not going to work for that type of routine just based on the amount of muscles that dont get worked in this routine as much as they could...however with some modification that could be changed

example: add 2 sets for bi's, tris, normal grip chins or pull ups, shrugs/seated rear delt raise, front shoulder raises, ab workout, leg extensions, like 4 more chest workouts, some other little stuff

my question to you is why NOT do these workouts after doing the major compounds that you listed? there would obviously be no negative affect, so why not do more at the gym then just 2 things a day or what have you?
    Sigh, why do you make statements about what it will and will not do without having tried it?

It will provide you with the size and strength you want in the overall bodybuilder kind of way. Trust me. Try it.

Your chest will get bigger.

Your arms will get bigger.

Your whole body will get bigger!

TRY IT!

Wannabebig Member
    I can't do dips because I work out at home... what should I replace it with?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    Lol at the naysayers.
    Any formula about how much muscle one can add per day is absolutely asinine as there are too many variables via individuality.
    I have no doubt that the program can add a lot of muscle to most people.

However, that comment goes both ways. To claim that if you're new to training and follow the instructions posted you will gain 15lbs of lean muscle mass in one month is going too far. There are too many factors that could prevent someone from reaching that even if it is possible and everything is done right.

15lbs is a higher percentage of total mass for some people than others. A 5'1" guy is not going to gain 15lbs of lean muscle as fast as a guy with a 6'10" frame could.

Age is a factor. Overall health is a factor. Body type is a factor. It also takes time and practice for people new to training to learn to do the exercises properly so they can get the most out of them.

I would be less skeptical if you said that someone new to training can probably increase strength measured by certain compound movements by X% or even increase lean muscle mass by X%. It's numbers like 15lbs that I think are bad advertisement.

Quote Originally Posted by greathuskie
    based on the amount of muscles that dont get worked in this routine as much as they could
    my question to you is why NOT do these workouts after doing the major compounds that you listed? there would obviously be no negative affect,
    1. All of your muscles are worked with the routine he posted

2. These isolation exersises are probably going to burn more calories than they are worth for a beginning lifter, especially someone who is really skinny beginner aka a person who could gain 15lbs in 1 month.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    That's over 3lbs of muscle in a week. I would say that's impossible unless the trainee is a) very new, b) coming back from a layoff, c) using gear, or d) very very tall.

Now 15lbs of weight, with the majority being muscle... I could believe. Either way, I don't doubt that this program would lead to near maximal muscular growth.

EDIT: I missed this: "This thread is geared primarily to those who are either relatively new to training or have been doing it all wrong since they have been training.". Makes more sense then.
    Last edited by Canadian Crippler; 09-18-2005 at 12:49 PM.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

If I remember correctly Chase said when he first started to eat right he made similar gains in a short period of time.

Or the time a few years ago when I jumped from 165 to 195 in about 8 weeks, drug-free, because I started throwing down calories.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Banned
    im not saying they wont provide with total growth, however whos to say it wont be better if you mixed in a couple isolation things with it? sorry ive been lifting for a long time, last couple months i havent gained weight, but i have sorta transformed the weight i have into more muscle then fat, which im happy with, now its time for me to start adding some major muscle to it, and i plan on doing a lot of isolation workouts

well, if you gained 8lbs of lean mass in a month, out of a total of 15lbs gained, then you 'primarily' gained muscle mass

Grasshoppa
    Play on words to get your attention. The post where he says the 15 pounds would "primarily" be lean mass may be more accurate. But 15 solid pounds of lean mass is stretching it and would be of the most ideal situation. That's my opinion anyway.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

WBB Member
    I think a new trainee would have to have exceptional genetics to add 15 lbs. of pure muscle in 1 month.

If they added 15 lbs the first month, what would be a reasonable expectation for how much they would add the second month? 12? What about the 3rd? 10? That would be over 100 lbs in a year, which seems highly unlikely.

I don't think that routine itself is anything new and ground breaking. It's good, but personally I think any routine based off of compound movements that doesn't involve anything too illogical (i.e working chest 4 times a week or something) combined with a diet that doesn't suck will yield similar results.

My $.02