The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Meaningless trivia thread...

The longest word able to be typed by one hand: stewardesses

The glue on US postage stamps is kosher and has 1 calorie
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I tried thinking of that first one a while ago, the longest word I could come up with was lollypops.

Maybe that's the longest word you can type with the right hand?
    Last edited by HahnB; 09-17-2005 at 11:17 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    I tried thinking of that first one a while ago, the longest word I could come up with was lollypops.

Maybe that's the longest word you can type with the right hand?
    Nope. The 's' is typed w/ the left...
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    Nope. The 's' is typed w/ the left...
    Lollypop then I wasn't even thinking about the S. I just made it plural without thinking because stewardesses was made plural.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

The capital of Lichtenstein is Vaduz, and they are famous for making postage stamps in vaduz. (i've been there)

The worlds longest name is the official name of the city of bangkok:

Krungthepmahanakornamornratanakosinmahintarayutthayamahadilokphop
    nopparatrajathaniburiromudomrajaniwesmahasatharn
    amornphimarnavatarnsathitsakkattiyavisanukamprasit

Im not making this up.
    "In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination." -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Garrix
    The capital of Lichtenstein is Vaduz, and they are famous for making postage stamps in vaduz. (i've been there)

Im not making this up.
    Reminds me of Dikembe Mutombo. He has about a dozen middle names.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrix

Im not making this up.
    im sorry, but what idiot would name their city something that requires some time just to memorize?

The only state with a one syllable name: Maine

There are only 46 "states". Four territories officially call themselves a Commonwealth. They are Virginia, Massachusetts, Pennsylvania and Kentucky.

canada isnt a state?

nebraska is the only state with a unicameral legislature (kick ass)
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

The longest word in Shakespeare is honorificabilitudinitatibus. It occurs during a fake Latin lesson in Love's Labours Lost, Act V, Scene I.

Although the Latin lesson is mockery, the word is--apparently--the dative case of a real medieval Latin word meaning "the state of being able to receive honors."
    "The female of the species is more deadly than the male."

My attempts at lifting heavy objects

Current maxes:

Squat 145 kg (320 lbs)
    Bench 67.5 kg (149 lbs)
    DL: 142.5 kg (314 lbs)

...oh, and I'm a girl.

humans share about 50% of their genetic material with a banana
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    humans share about 50% of their genetic material with a banana
    If that's true it's scary.

Alfred Hitchcock didnt have a bellybutton.
    My sig scared getfit.

Physcrophilia is the sexual arousal by cold. M'kay, can anyone say T.H.O.? Alrighty then!
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    There will be a Rambo IV.

The odds of seeing three albino deer at once are one in seventy-nine billion, yet one man in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin, took a picture of three albino deer in the woods.

The record for the world’s worst drivers is a toss-up between two candidates: First, a 75-year-old man who received 10 traffic tickets, drove on the wrong side of the road four times, committed four hit-and-run offenses, an caused six accidents, all within 20 minutes on October 15, 1966. Second, a 62-year-old woman who failed her driving test 40 times before passing it in August, 1970 (by that time, she had spent over $700 in lessons, and could no longer afford to buy a car).

Longest word in the english language is pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis, a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica or quartz dust.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    Floccinaucinihilipilification replaced antidisestablishmentarianism as the longest non-technical word in 1992.
    But can you tell us what it means?

the kid from oz
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlP
    But can you tell us what it means?

"the estimation of something as worthless."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Built
    If you bite into a wintogreen lifesaver in the dark, you'll get a spark.

Triboluminescence
    Important tip:

Have onlookers look DOWN into your mouth. If you are above them and open your mouth at a downward angle while chewing... well you get the picture.

I mention this for no special reason. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    The odds of seeing three albino deer at once are one in seventy-nine billion, yet one man in Boulder Junction, Wisconsin, took a picture of three albino deer in the woods.

He shoulda bought a lottery ticket instead.
    Burritos are the bomb for bulking!
    My Food Journal

PB's&Goals

Deadlift: PR 1@440, Goal 1@450
    Squat: PR 1@375, Goal 1@400
    Bench: PR 2@275, Goal 1@300

Q. What does "floccinaucinihilipilification" mean?

A. It means "the estimation of something as worthless."

But it is usually used only as an example of a very long word, sometimes held to be the longest. The Oxford English Dictionary labels it "humorous" and gives the following citations for it:

I loved him for nothing so much as his floccinaucinihilipilification of money.
    --William Shenstone, Letters

They must be taken with an air of contempt, a floccinaucinihilipilification of all that can gratify the outward man.
    --Sir Walter Scott, Journal