Thread: wbb routine 2. superset? rest?

PoutineEh

wbb routine 2. superset? rest?

love wbb routine 1 cause it got me started into lifting weights. after about a month and a half of it though, i changed it up to low reps, high sets training w/ other exercises (my 2nd routine). i have been doing this recent routine for about a month and a half as well, and want to switch to wbb routine #2.
    now with background out of the way, here comes my two questions
    towards the end of my 2nd routine (not wbb #2, havent started that yet), i started supersetting different exercises and had been feeling sorer (the good sore; kind you know you worked hard) and i was sweating like a dog; wondering if i should do this as well with WBB #2?

also, i was wondering if i could do the following, just a little change in the order:

day 1:
    chest/back
    day 2:
    legs
    day 3:
    arms/shoulders
    rest
    (possibly another rest, see how it feels)
    repeat

id like to get the exercises in more frequently. i feel i am pretty rested up if i give my different muscle groups about 3-4 days of rest vs. waiting 6 days before repeating the same muscle group with wbb #2

what do you guys think? also, should i superset 2 chest exercises, then move onto two back exercises, then move on to two more chest etc...
    or should i superset a pair of exercises, one being a push and the other a pull.
    the first suggestion with the 2 chest exercises is more for working the chest harder, the second is more for me keeping my heart rate up. which is the better idea?
    Last edited by PoutineEh; 09-18-2005 at 09:56 PM.

Either way will work. The key is to keep adding weight to the bar.

I do think you should stick with a routine for longer than 6 weeks - a beginner can keep making gains on the same basic routine for much, much longer than that.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

PoutineEh

agreed

yea, i agree. but my old routine kind of was discouraging the way i had it setup. cant really say why. possibly because there were a few exercises it had that i couldnt really see the effects etc eg pullovers. or maybe because i only did chest one day, back the other versus chest/back same day which is what WBB #2. i will probably stick w/ wbb#2 much longer. did the first day of it and i already like it a lot more. newer exercises and such...

also, i kept trying weird variations in my old routine, and it messed me up cause the weight i lifted would change depending on the different inclines, for example, i did so it wasnt the most encouraging thing because my lift numbers wernt continuing to go up. i need a fresh start which is why im switching to the wbb#2
    Last edited by PoutineEh; 09-19-2005 at 04:20 PM.