The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Does Any one know any good freeweight exercises?

Does Any one know any good freeweight exercises?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Slow down...

Look at WBB1

It's full of all you need. Start slow, and simple.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Squats, Bench, Rows, Snatches, Dips, Pullups, Power Cleans, Deadlifts.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    Slow down...

Look at WBB1

It's full of all you need. Start slow, and simple.

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25
    Um I dont know what some of those exercises are and I dont have a bench press I only have free weights and I am not a member of any gyms so I cant get access to equitment? so I dont know what to do mabey if you told me what some of those exercies are I might be able to try them I dont know what some of them are.

On this site, you can look up how to do the vast majority of exercises:
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html
    Weight:180lbs
    Height:5'9"
    Max Lifts:
    Bench Press-315x1
    Deadlift~415x1 (injured)
    Squat-505x1

Oh yeah, almost forgot... there is actually a thread that lists how to do each exercise in WBB1 from that site. Here ya go:
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=44636
    Weight:180lbs
    Height:5'9"
    Max Lifts:
    Bench Press-315x1
    Deadlift~415x1 (injured)
    Squat-505x1

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfboy92390
    Um I dont know what some of those exercises are and I dont have a bench press I only have free weights and I am not a member of any gyms so I cant get access to equitment? so I dont know what to do mabey if you told me what some of those exercies are I might be able to try them I dont know what some of them are.
    I thought you were lifting weights at school, where they should have a fair amount of equipment.

So, are you saying you only have dumbbells?

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Wannabebig Member
    No I have Pe at shool but I have free weights at home. I dont have any other equitment.

Pretty much all good excersises are with freeweights. Buy a good bench, and a weight set with bb and db's. Start with WWb#1 and go to exrx.net.

Banned

Try Max-OT at www.ast-ss.com
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

id buy a bench, power rack, and oly set if i were you. but im guessing you probably cant fit/afford all that. if that is the case i reccomend selling your bed and any video game console you may own and then youll have some more room and money. while that comment was meant to be humourous, i would rather have a rack & bench than a bed & X-box.

if you can, you need to get an oly set (an olympic barbell with 300 lbs of plates, adjustable to 5 lb intervals and can be as light as the 45 lb naked bar. ranges in price from 100-150 where i live, but is even cheaper in some places.) with just that and no rack/bench you can still do bb rows, deadlifts and deadlift variations, olympic lifts and their variations, some squat variations, overhead presses and some variations, and plenty of isolation exercises that involve a bar. add a bench and/or rack and you get even more quality movements, but if you gotta do w/o those you can do pretty decent with just an oly set.
    Last edited by jack_of_all; 09-18-2005 at 10:22 AM.

Do you have enough space for all that stuff. Remember a bar is like 7 feet long.

If you don't have room, everything can be done with dumbbells, and if you don't have a spotter, DB's are safer because you won't get stuck under them like you could with a barbell.

machines should only play a small roll in developing your physique, if they play a roll at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ROMANMAN
    Do you have enough space for all that stuff. Remember a bar is like 7 feet long.
    i work out at home, so yes, i do.

a bar is 7 feet long, but its not that wide or tall. likewise plates arent very deep. none of that stuff takes up that much room if its put away neatly (i usually either leave my bar racked, or lengthwise along the wall) you can stack plates next to your bench and have your bench inside your power rack. all in all, while it tends to make a room look crouded from all the stuff and its height, a power rack doesnt take up more room than a twin size bed. yes, when its in use you have to take things out, but when your working out theres probably not much else going on in the room anyway so the space wouldnt be needed for anything else.

All barbell and dumbell exercises are freeweight exercises. Sounds like you need a dumbell only, no bench routine which can be pretty tough but not impossible if you are creative and motivated.

-Tim