Thread: george foreman

george foreman

when i cook chicken on the george foreman grill the breast reduces in size. I firgue is just water and maybe some fat loss. For example 8 oz raw may become 6 oz cooked. So would protein content be the same because I figure its mostly water being lost. Is this assumption correct or am I loosing protein as well?

If you are afraid you are losing protein because you cooked the chicken and it got smaller, then the chicken already won the fight.

Eat 2 of them and stop making everything so difficult

Know Your Enemy

This question has been brought up a LOT recently. Basically, it all comes to the same conclusion, no conclusion. It's 50/50. Either choose to weigh before or after, no one can agree which is accurate. Some cases, the food label will say the nutrition info for raw or cooked. Unfortunately, most don't.

that's why I use fitday.com - it lets me choose raw or cooked weight, and does the math for me.
    otherwise, go on cooked weight. chicken is often injected with brine or chicken broth, and that's void of protein...so the pre-cooked weight would lead you to think you're taking in more protein then you really are.

Its not a huge deal i was just curious. I dont count calories or anything like that. you eat clean when u feel the need and you weigh yourself every few days to see whats goin on. Thats all I do and its worked fine.