The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

To Compete or not to compete....

Well, heres the story. A local Bodybuilder and personal trainer offered to train me to compete for qualifiers competition for no cost. I was all pumped about it cause now I have a training partner and can overcome some plateaus and someone to show me how to do the diet part. I trained with the guy twice and since then he has had some excuse or already worked out by the time I called so I dont really want to keep calling because to me that means he doesnt really want to. I work shift work and he is monday to friday. Now I dont know if I want to compete or just keep dieting and losing my fat to get into better condition. I would like to compete but dont know if I can do it myself. I dont really know anything about the pre comp diets ketosis or any of that. what do you guys think?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you know nothing about dieting, learn about dieting before trying to cut for a competition. Would you try to fly a helicopter without lessons?

yeah, competing 'for real' is rather complex. you have to lean out a ton, and then think about diuretics and eating very little the 48 hours pre-contest so you can get the most definition possible.
    its alot of work, but if you think it's for you, go for it.

yeah, I dont think I could do it properly right now. If I was getting the help I would...

3:16
    psot some pics iron.

also go and watch some local shows. to see what happens etc.

though there are some current and ex-competive Bb on here who may give you a godo guide.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

I posted up some pics

You really should have a mentor/coach to help you prep for your first competition. If this guy is already flaking on you, ditch him and find someone more reliable.