The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: dips

Wannabebig Member

dips

i checked out routine 1. my gym dosnt have anything to do dips on really. is there something i can do instead that will have the same effect
    crunk fo'shizzle

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

you can do bench dips!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

flat barbell bench press close grip
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Supreme Champ
    yeah go with bench dips with a plate on your stomach...and if theres some way u cant do bench dips do it at home inbetween two chairs
    Currently Age 16 5'10 158.5lbs
    10km run:43min

"The referee is the most important man in the ring besides the two fighters." -Big George Foreman

"He has everything a boxer needs except speed, stamina, a punch, and ability to take punishment. In other words, he owns a pair of shorts."-Blackie Sherrod

Dips are bastardly, and I messed up my elbow badly doing them.. Although i was doing very heavy added weight perhaps it is alright if you stick with your bodyweight.
    I find them to be very effective nonetheless, and they are like a "squat" for the upper body...they kill many a bird with one stone.
    Just do bench press, close grip bench press, tricep pulldowns on a cable machine. That should yield the same effects

Wannabebig Member
    i dont know if its what there for but i like doing tri push ups for a lack of better term where your turn a barbell vertical and put your hands on them and do push ups
    crunk fo'shizzle

Quote Originally Posted by titan_014
    i dont know if its what there for but i like doing tri push ups for a lack of better term where your turn a barbell vertical and put your hands on them and do push ups
    I think you will hit the point of diminishing returns quickly with the pushups.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

riprogrammazione
    close grip decline bench

Close grip bench, for sure.
    20 years old
    6' 1"
    Current Weight:175 (10/28/08)
    Clean Bulk

I hate to be a jerk, but what kinda gym doesn't have any place to do dips? Pretty crappy gym if you ask me...
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    It depends on what you usually do dips for. When I do them I try to lean as far forward as possible to work my chest and not so much my tris. If you do what I do, bench dips or close grip bench won't be practical replacements. If I couldn't do dips, God forbid, I'd replace them with decline barbell bench. If you do dips specifically/mainly for tris then the aforementioned exercises should at least come the closest to suffice.

I always did dips as a chest exercise where you lean forward, in which case replacing it with some sort of close grip bench or bench dip won't accomplish the chest stimulation. If you can't do them, you can't do them, but I'd guess the next closest thing would be decline bench.
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dw06wu
    I always did dips as a chest exercise where you lean forward, in which case replacing it with some sort of close grip bench or bench dip won't accomplish the chest stimulation. If you can't do them, you can't do them, but I'd guess the next closest thing would be decline bench.
    Great minds think alike.