The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

q about knee wraps

Do you guys think knee wraps would help me out? I'm looking into them more for their protection than weight boost. I'm just wondering if they are at all necessary at ~450lbs, or if they are a waste of money until the big boy weights. Do you need to unwrap them when you are done with a set to allow blood to flow back down there? Can I just leave them on the entire time? It helps if I can just leave them on because it's a pain in the ass having to remove and reapply equipment.

I looked some up on e-bay and it looks like an ace bandage. I'm guessing it's basically the same thing, only made of more durable fiber. I couldn't find anything good with the search function.
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

If you are looking for knee protection, maybe consider a sports wrap or brace instead of powerlifting wraps.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

What's the difference?
    bests:
    ollld pics

Ive been doing some researching at t-nation. It appears that knee wraps are only for achieving a higher total, and should not be used to train (only to hit maxes). Same idea as training in a belt, in that your trunk will develop weakness compared to the other muscles; a "crutch".
    bests:
    ollld pics

yeah, but you should still use a belt when you are getting up into higher percentages in your training (IE sets of 3, 2 or 1)

and you can wear knee wraps, they wont help you too much if you dont put them on that tight. they just wont offer much protection either.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Banned
    unless your knee's are injured or are hurting, the knee wraps really aren't worth it. of course you should use them when you're at or near your max (like the guy said, 3 reps or less) to help stabalize you, but for more reps they'll probably make it harder cause they cut off circulation. knee wraps give you a good boost for a rep or two but the longer you cut off circulation the more of a drag they become.
    so yes, they do have to come off/rewrap every set.

i have a bad knee so for me, knee wraps are a must when hitting higher weights.