Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 720x5 raw squat

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    That dudes form is off. It's one thing if you start off nicely, then during the lift your back begins to round a bit. That guys start position is pretty off.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

^absolutly rediculous lol, 765 bench omg, lol 950 x 3 squat, i quit.

actaully, i dont even want to be THAT big. lol.

I can't see the original video--I get page not found
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Wait till you find some of the accident videos, just do a google search, you'll find them.

I shrieked when I saw a guy drop 900 lbs on the bench.

Just imagine almost half a ton falling on your chest....

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Crippler
    That dudes form is off. It's one thing if you start off nicely, then during the lift your back begins to round a bit. That guys start position is pretty off.
    i agree. but if that 'form' works for him, then so be it. not sure it'd be accepted in a powerlifting contest though? (i never been to one so idk)

but when i squat heavy, i tend to lean forward as well

all they care about it is you get down to parallel and dont move your feet. they could care less how rounded your back is or how far forward you lean. and i honestly dont see how his form was sooo bad.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

those are the worst squat videos i have ever seen. guys in full gear, not going half way to parallel. just stupid.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.

journal

lol these guys confuse me, it looks like getting the bar down on bench is harder for them then actually pushing it up, same goes for the world record 875 bench ive seen, just threw it up there

I thought the world record bench was 1000 lbs?

not sure, i forgot the dudes name, it was just sick.

squat it all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Invain
    I thought the world record bench was 1000 lbs?
    1005 by gene rychlak.
    always hungry...

Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    those are the worst squat videos i have ever seen. guys in full gear, not going half way to parallel. just stupid.
    :withstupi
    Milk is the best Supplement

Well my friends think I'm ugly
    I got a masculine face - Tom Waits.

Do that voodoo that he do
    Trust me, they know what they're doing. When you start moving the weight around that they are and using the type of equipment that they do, you'll learn that hitting parallel on the squat in training is not always the goal.

As to having a hard time bringing the bench down, that's true. That's what a bench shirt does. Use a search and figure out what a bench shirt is before you start critiquing form of people that have a ton more strength and experience than you do.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

LOL, why don't you tell that to Bernor in person.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

squat it all!
    or watch his depth at a meet. he breaks parallel in meets, just not always in training.
    always hungry...

Do that voodoo that he do
    Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    LOL, why don't you tell that to Bernor in person.
    LMAO. That's exactly what I was thinking.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

i will punch him out.

i guess im just saying, if they are posting on their site all their big numbers, if they include the fact that they are using equipment, they should also include the fact that they arent going to parallel. it just comes off as showing off in the weight room like high schoolers to me.
    Rock Quotes:

journal

i will punch him out.

i guess im just saying, if they are posting on their site all their big numbers, if they include the fact that they are using equipment, they should also include the fact that they arent going to parallel. it just comes off as showing off in the weight room like high schoolers to me.
    Before you start ripping on a guys training, thinking, for some reason, that he is claiming his 900+ triple as a legit squat, when it is in fact training, and when he was the guy who squatted 720x5 below parallel, raw, I suggest you look into things a little bit more. A lot more. Way, way more.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Tom Platz squatted 500x23.

+ 635 for 12, atg reps.

Before you start ripping on a guys training, thinking, for some reason, that he is claiming his 900+ triple as a legit squat, when it is in fact training, and when he was the guy who squatted 720x5 below parallel, raw, I suggest you look into things a little bit more. A lot more. Way, way more.

not ripping on him. just the site's layout, seemed off to me. but its all cool, let's everybody be friends!!!!
    Rock Quotes:

journal