Thread: help w/ rep ranges

Hybrid View

help w/ rep ranges

Just kidding.
    so I got sick of reading routines and T-mag articles to figure out new routines and such, and i made my own. because i know my goals and body better than anyone else, right? so here we go...btw i would appreciate any analyzation and advice on rep ranges in particular

sunday:
    speed bench 6x
    close grip bench 4x
    bench crunch 3x
    bench leg lift 3x
    military press 3x

monday:
    (AM)
    power straight 4x
    pushups 4x
    (PM)
    pullups till death
    dips till death

tuesday:
    REST

wednesday:
    hang snatch 3x
    hang clean 4x
    overhead squat 4x
    power upright rows 3x
    sldl focus on abs 3x

thursday:
    bent row 4x
    good morning 3x
    power shrug 3x
    bicep curl 3x
    hanging leg raise 4x

friday:
    REST

saturday:
    REST

To be honest, i don't have any particular goals regarding size. i just want to be more powerful, more mobile. i want to be agile and strong and just be able to move around quick, for athletics and fighting and etc.
    delete this account

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    To be honest, I'm not exactly sure what some of those lifts are. I'm not very knowledgeable as far as olympic lifting goes. But I will say one thing. If you want to develop power, I'd suggest doing some Deadlifts. It has helped me more than anything else has.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

For your strength make sure your doing bench/squats/deads/pull ups/dips/ You could have a strength week were you go really heavy on these lifts doing 3 sets of 8/6/4 for strength maybe 6/6/4 then the next week do you speed work etc just a thought
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

You should stick w. lower reps for the olympic lifts and exercises like speed bench an overhead squats. Basically, you want to stick w. lower reps on anything that requires a lot of concentration, speed, technique and/or balance.

I would do your rows AFTER the good mornings. It may not matter, but I try not to prefatigue my lower back with anything before doing GMs.