The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Biggie Smalls
    Looks like you have a hickey on your nipple. You gotta rotate the shoulder blades down a bit, it'll look better and bigger. But yeah man, you're looking great. Keep eating.
    Last edited by Cra-Z; 06-05-2007 at 07:19 PM.

Jon 'Cra-Z' Mahoney
    ----------------------
    Current stats: | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 183.1lbs. | Left bicep: 13.9" | Right bicep: 14.2" | Right forearm: 12.8" | Left forearm: 12" | Left quad: 23" | Right quad: 23" | Hips: 40" | Waist: 32.5" | Left calf: 14.1" | Right calf: 15" | Chest: 40" | Shoulders: 48.3"
    (All as of October 4th, 2006, except weight is as of November 13th, 2006.)
    Recovering from a broken leg, just getting back to legs.

Personal bests:
    Bench: 230 lbs. (10/20/06) | Squat: 405 lbs. | Deadlift: 405 lbs. (10/23/06)

Wannabebig Member
    Good job! Obviously given up some definition, but looks like good gains in the arms, chest, and upper back. Keep doin' whatever you've been doin'.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Cra-Z View Post
    Looks like you have a hickey on your nipple. You gotta rotate the shoulder blades down a bit, it'll look better and bigger. But yeah man, you're looking great. Keep eating.
    ah yes, the sign of a true sportsman: hickey evidence in your side chest pose!

good show mate
    Last edited by ambigmustcut; 07-28-2007 at 01:35 AM.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Good to see more mass on you. Well done!
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

looking good, but that is an awful chandelier!
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post
    I don't mean to offend, man, but I think you're really overestimating your numbers. I'd hate for you to get over-confident and then be disappointed with how you look if/when you get down to ~220. Your pics from 300+ lbs look WELL over 27%. I don't think he was questioning whether you can gain weight. And besides, until you've gained weight in a controlled manner I don't think your input really means much to him (sorry if I sound like a dick).
    The pics you've seen were from nearly 2.5 years after my last snap on the gridiron and I was 10 pounds heavier then I ever was in football.

Going from practicing 3 hours a session 3 times a day from June to the end of August and then lifting/conditioning from December to march with a break for 2 months and then back to lifting/condition till football camp to laying on the couch 2/3 rds of the day will really take a toll on your body composition. I easily lost 5% of my muscle and gained it all back and then some in fat over that 2.5 year period. I did lift during that period, but my diet was horrible and other then lifting I did zero.

From the current pic's I have now and from the pumps I get in the gym in my arms and shoulders considering how fat I am now, I really don't think I'll be disappointed at 215.

Sorry to hijack your thread dan.

I said gaining 30 pounds like its a walk in the park because for me it would only be a matter of time. I have a fairly slow metabolism so eating the necessary calories would be as easy as breathing for me. I can also hit the weights heavy and hard, it would be a matter of just sticking to it. I know that it would take probably 2-3 years, but 30 pounds of would blow you or me up like a house big time. Jacked would be the proper term.

Looking good at 190 and 11%, how did you come up with that 11%?

Doesn't matter how slow your metabolism is. A slow metabolism won't make those pounds any more likely to be in the form of muscle.

I'd wager the opposite, actually.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Belial View Post
    Doesn't matter how slow your metabolism is. A slow metabolism won't make those pounds any more likely to be in the form of muscle.

I'd wager the opposite, actually.
    My point with the slower metabolism being that I won't need to eat 10 times a day and wake up during the night and eat in order to support the mass gains that some people do. There are people who need to force feed them selves in excess in 5,000 calories every day to maintain their LBM while I could probably do the same on 4,000 or maybe even less.

Wasn't suggesting that because my metabolism is slower the gains would be more muscle. Your right, they would be more fat then anything if I ate in too much of an excess. I wouldn't doubt I could bulk on less then 4,000 calories if I wanted to keep it clean.

Wow, nice cut man, you look great.
    Amateur Weightlifter here!
    Jordan's climb to 200lbs! (Caution amateur lifting inside)
    Current status: 155lb, 45lb from 200lb.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    looking good, but that is an awful chandelier!
    When did this become an interior decorating forum?

j/k
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL View Post
    From the current pic's I have now and from the pumps I get in the gym in my arms and shoulders considering how fat I am now, I really don't think I'll be disappointed at 215.
    Edit: On second thought, I'm not going to be a dick. Best of luck with your goals.
    Last edited by Tofer; 07-28-2007 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer View Post
    Edit: On second thought, I'm not going to be a dick. Best of luck with your goals.

I'm all about critisizm bro, just leave your comments whatever they may be in my pic thread. I feel bad for jacking dan's thread as much as I already have.

I don't post em so people can just blow smoke up my ass. Say whats on your mind.

Been a while. Good to be back.

Hey guys hope all is swell. My bulk progress is going swell. Here are some progress pictures.

Light weight baby...........

Nice bud! You have put on some serious muscle. How are your lifts?

Quote Originally Posted by BFGUITAR View Post
    Nice bud! You have put on some serious muscle. How are your lifts?
    Bench 225 about 4 to 6 times.
    Squat 270lb 4 times.
    Dead lifts 320lb 6 times.

Overall I am not that happy with my lifts.

WOW, great progress dude.

To be honest I was expecting another update where you gained 2-3 lbs and were still skinny at like 6% bodyfat.

Way to prove me wrong.
    Last edited by Hockey66; 04-10-2008 at 05:09 PM.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Hockey66 View Post
    WOW, great progress dude.

To be honest I was expecting another update where you gained 2-3 lbs and were still skinny at like 6% bodyfat.

Way to prove me wrong.
    well its kinda still the same expect I am 207lb with around 15%bf. Small change LOL.

Whoa! looking awesome, absolutely stunning.Nice work.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Danpiel View Post
    Bench 225 about 4 to 6 times.
    Squat 270lb 4 times.
    Dead lifts 320lb 6 times.

Overall I am not that happy with my lifts.
    Dont worry bud, im up there as well... Im 190 and my bench is pathetic... squats I can do 295x1, deadlifts 375x1

Once you get cut again you're gonna be very happy with the sacrifice you put in to gain that lbm.

this thread has a lot of pages......I skimmed most of them but not every single post so forgive me if you already answered these questions:
    1. how long was your bulk?
    2. in an older post you said you were eating about 2,500 calories....how many did you eat for the bulk?
    3. did you bulk with mainly clean foods or more of a dirty bulk?
    4. did you keep your workouts basiclly the same?
    5. how much weight did you gain? i think you said your current weight was 207 with about 15% b.f. but I'm not sure what you weighed before the bulk.

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BCorn View Post
    this thread has a lot of pages......I skimmed most of them but not every single post so forgive me if you already answered these questions:
    1. how long was your bulk?
    2. in an older post you said you were eating about 2,500 calories....how many did you eat for the bulk?
    3. did you bulk with mainly clean foods or more of a dirty bulk?
    4. did you keep your workouts basiclly the same?
    5. how much weight did you gain? i think you said your current weight was 207 with about 15% b.f. but I'm not sure what you weighed before the bulk.

thanks.
    Why do you want to know all this info?

i am trying to learn more about bulking.....it's really no big deal to me....if you don't want to answer then don't....there are plenty of others on the board bulking that don't mind helping.

Banned
    wow great muscle gains, only negative things i can say are to get a haircut and some longer underwear. but thats just me, great work!

Good progress. For some reason when I look at your most recent pics I think of Aslan from the Narnia Chronicles.