The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112
    Quote Originally Posted by failed View Post
    wow great muscle gains, only negative things i can say are to get a haircut and some longer underwear. but thats just me, great work!
    how the hell are benching 225?
    Light weight baby...........

Quote Originally Posted by BCorn View Post
    this thread has a lot of pages......I skimmed most of them but not every single post so forgive me if you already answered these questions:
    1. how long was your bulk?
    2. in an older post you said you were eating about 2,500 calories....how many did you eat for the bulk?
    3. did you bulk with mainly clean foods or more of a dirty bulk?
    4. did you keep your workouts basiclly the same?
    5. how much weight did you gain? i think you said your current weight was 207 with about 15% b.f. but I'm not sure what you weighed before the bulk.

thanks.
    1. My bulk has been more than 5 months and I am planning on going for another five months.
    2.I eat a lot sometimes clean sometimes dirty. around 4000 to 5000 cal depending if its a work out day or if I am really hungry. Generally I eat every 2 hours or 1 hour and 30 minutes.
    3.Look in 2
    4. I always change my routine and always keep it heavy.
    5.I went from 185 to 207.
    Last edited by Danpiel; 04-12-2008 at 09:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Good progress. For some reason when I look at your most recent pics I think of Aslan from the Narnia Chronicles.
    lol thanks I guess./

Wannabebig Member
    Which pic shows you 5 months ago, before you started the bulk? How long has it been since the first pic? Incredible progress, congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by 9plus View Post
    Which pic shows you 5 months ago, before you started the bulk? How long has it been since the first pic? Incredible progress, congrats.
    Middle pic on page 11.

Video

Here's a short video of me throwing in an extra training session. Tell me what you guys think. Current weight is 210 with 16.5% BF
    Last edited by Danpiel; 04-18-2008 at 08:40 PM.

Chest and arms look solid. Legs and lats need work. Do you do pullups? If not you definitely should. I'd also recommend you start doing deep olympic style squats, nothing brings up the legs more. They're a bit of a pain to master, but read up on technique, stretch, do glute activation work and maybe buy a pair of olympic lifting shoes if you can afford them. I don't want to be a dick after everyone's been shouting at you to eat so much, but you may want to lower your cals a bit, as in stay closer to 4000 rather than 5000. Although I wouldn't worry too much about the extra fluff at the moment, but with the amount of cals you're consuming, deep oly squats will make you grow even more. We have similar builds, and my legs didn't grow much till I started squatting oly style.
    Did I mention oly squats?
    Last edited by Mad Max; 04-19-2008 at 11:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
    Chest and arms look solid. Legs and lats need work. Do you do pullups? If not you definitely should. I'd also recommend you start doing deep olympic style squats, nothing brings up the legs more. They're a bit of a pain to master, but read up on technique, stretch, do glute activation work and maybe buy a pair of olympic lifting shoes if you can afford them. I don't want to be a dick after everyone's been shouting at you to eat so much, but you may want to lower your cals a bit, as in stay closer to 4000 rather than 5000. Although I wouldn't worry too much about the extra fluff at the moment, but with the amount of cals you're consuming, deep oly squats will make you grow even more. We have similar builds, and my legs didn't grow much till I started squatting oly style.
    Did I mention oly squats?
    I do pull ups all the time. My Lats have always sucked but they are getting better for sure. I'll try olympic squats see how it goes. Why reduced the cals btw?
    Last edited by Danpiel; 04-19-2008 at 12:50 PM.

Try focusing less on pull-ups and more on heavy rows would be my advice. You are definitely gaining some good size, but bodyfat to go along with it. Regardless you are hella bigger than back in the day and you are getting swole. Your chest arms, shoulders and obliques are very impressive for your height and weight.

Wannabebig Member
    Wow, man great gains. You're gonna be looking diesel when you start your cut. Take this advice for what it's worth, but I agree you should maybe cut the cals a little bit more around the 4000 range for the remainder of the bulk. You know just toy around with the calories a little to see the best muscle to bodyfat ratio you can get for yourself without putting on too much fat. Remember that the more bodyfat you gain the longer your cut is going to be in the end.

You're about the same height as me and I know it's easier for tall people to hold weight without looking it. I put on around 25 lbs in 2 months 18 of those in the first month alone and still consider myself pretty skinny. I cut my calorie intake after the first month because I knew if I continued at the rate I was going i'd be gaining more fat than muscle at a rate I wasn't comfortable with.

Again, just trying to give you some advice. Great gains bro!

Height - 6'2"
    Weight - 200 lbs
    Current lifts
    Bench: 235
    Deadlift: 385
    Squat: 325

Currently bulking - Progress 26 lbs since 2/05/08

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiot View Post
    Wow, man great gains. You're gonna be looking diesel when you start your cut. Take this advice for what it's worth, but I agree you should maybe cut the cals a little bit more around the 4000 range for the remainder of the bulk. You know just toy around with the calories a little to see the best muscle to bodyfat ratio you can get for yourself without putting on too much fat. Remember that the more bodyfat you gain the longer your cut is going to be in the end.

You're about the same height as me and I know it's easier for tall people to hold weight without looking it. I put on around 25 lbs in 2 months 18 of those in the first month alone and still consider myself pretty skinny. I cut my calorie intake after the first month because I knew if I continued at the rate I was going i'd be gaining more fat than muscle at a rate I wasn't comfortable with.

Again, just trying to give you some advice. Great gains bro!

Honestly I am not to worried about gaining to much fat. My bulk is dirty and I like it that way for now. Get to eat whatever I want, good times. I do see what you mean thought and I will definitely take it into account.

Small funny update. What would guys say my arms look? 15inchs? Current weight is 215lb 17%BF. The fat is starting to kill me.

I wannabebig!
    haha didnt you just say you werent worried about the fat 10 days ago... why the change of heart? but if it bothers you then you know what you have to do.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuage View Post
    haha didnt you just say you werent worried about the fat 10 days ago... why the change of heart? but if it bothers you then you know what you have to do.
    It's all mental. Hard feeling fat since I was always light and skinny.

If you are 215, your arms have to be about 17"
    Last edited by cphafner; 04-27-2008 at 10:28 AM.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    If you are 215, your arms have to be about 17"
    I doubt there 17. Gotta buy me some measure tape.

Quote Originally Posted by Danpiel View Post
    I doubt there 17. Gotta buy me some measure tape.
    I'm 185 with a similar build (but a bit less fat) and mine are about 16-16.25. Judging by your pictures and weight, your arms have to be a solid 17. Just my guess, but I could be wrong.
    My Journal

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Wannabebig Member
    Arms are definitely around 17". Mine are 15" and don't look nearly as big as yours.

Height - 6'2"
    Weight - 200 lbs
    Current lifts
    Bench: 235
    Deadlift: 385
    Squat: 325

Currently bulking - Progress 26 lbs since 2/05/08

Quote Originally Posted by Symbiot View Post
    Arms are definitely around 17". Mine are 15" and don't look nearly as big as yours.
    I used this video to measure my bi's today both arms at 16ish inches. Not 17 liked I hoped. DAMN!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/liftrite5.htm
    Last edited by Danpiel; 04-27-2008 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Danpiel View Post
    I used this video to measure my bi's today both arms at 16ish inches. Not 17 liked I hoped. DAMN!

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/liftrite5.htm
    I've never heard of anyone measuring arms unflexed. I was talking in flexed terms. You are easily 17 flexed if you are 16 unflexed.
    My Journal