Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A stiff-legged deadlift PR today!!!---video

A stiff-legged deadlift PR today!!!---video

I hit a PR today on the stiff-legged deadlift.

545 lbs x 3

Now, I DO bend my knees a bit in order to protect them and my lower back but I DO NOT use any quad drive to lift the weight.

http://rapidshare.de/files/5611794/stiff545.MOV.html

Oh, and that was 1 more rep than I predicted in Hatred's journal.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wimp.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

excellent work chris
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Sick man. Nice work. Didn't look like it was that much of a struggle.
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    Awesome. Yeah, I swear you had one more rep in you.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    Awesome. Yeah, I swear you had one more rep in you.
    I try to practice what I preach in terms of stopping short of failure. I probably could have squeeked out one more rep but I stopped myself.

Thanks!

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wow, nice job! Why do you walk the weight out instead of starting from the floor?

lol wuss
    bests:
    bp 335x1 (unequipped), sq 430x5 belt, dl 475x1 sumo (unequipped)
    ----------------------------
    Cut: Start/250 Current/247
    Abs or bust: my journal
    ollld pics

looks more like an RDL then an SLDL to me.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by chris mason
    I hit a PR today on the stiff-legged deadlift.

545 lbs x 3

Now, I DO bend my knees a bit in order to protect them and my lower back but I DO NOT use any quad drive to lift the weight.

http://rapidshare.de/files/5611794/stiff545.MOV.html

Oh, and that was 1 more rep than I predicted in Hatred's journal.
    Man that ain't nothing...

i can do twice that amount in my dream... hahahah that's just sick chris.

Nice lifts man, you bring a new visual definition to the word "solid"!
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    looks more like an RDL then an SLDL to me.

Well, there is certainly an alteration in form when using 545 lbs vs. say 225 lbs. I mentioned that when I posted the video. If I don't bend those knees it places my back in a poor position.

That said, I can pull significantly more using quad drive which would be a regular DL.

Eat and eat and eat and... ThatSkinnyGuy's Avatar
    For when you need to toss a fridge at someone...
    It turns out the answer to every question is still deadlift and eat.

3:16
    does anyone have a link to a .MOV file so i can view it?
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

Well, there is certainly an alteration in form when using 545 lbs vs. say 225 lbs. I mentioned that when I posted the video. If I don't bend those knees it places my back in a poor position.

That said, I can pull significantly more using quad drive which would be a regular DL.

True.

But wouldn't it be more accurate to say that those were RDLs rather than SLDLs? I dont RDLs require quad drive either.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

how much is your RDL chris?

looks like you loaded every plate in the house onto that bar.
    32 yo - 5'6" - 170 lbs
    USAPL Meet PRs (Raw @154 lbs): 347 SQ, 242 BP, 507 DL, 1096 TOTAL
    Gym PRs: 370 SQ, 270 BP, 510 DL

The Riddle Of Iron - Kiaran's Garage Training Log

Quote Originally Posted by DNL
    545lbsX3

Richard Dawkins

Richard Dawkins

Paul Stagg

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    True.

But wouldn't it be more accurate to say that those were RDLs rather than SLDLs? I dont RDLs require quad drive either.
    What? Standard deadlifts use a LOT of leg drive. That is why you can deadlift more than you can stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by DNL

Well, I did a relatively easy 625 x 2 using sumo style the other day.

What? Standard deadlifts use a LOT of leg drive. That is why you can deadlift more than you can stiff.
    He means RDL, as in "Romanian Deadlifts" (basically stiff-legged/knees-bent, hips back, back straight), not "regular deadlifts".

Ahhhh. My bad.

I looked this up:

"The Romanian deadlift is the exercise that Olympic lifters do to develop strong hamstrings and glutes," Gross explains. "It's just like the stiff-legged deadlift, except you keep the barbell in contact with your legs throughout the lift."

They appear to be essentially the same movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiaran
    looks like you loaded every plate in the house onto that bar.

Naaahhh, that was just due to my warmup progression. I have another set of 45s as well as 35s and so on.

Sick dude!!!

MOP

awesome lift Chris