The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Aigh Just Read Carbohydrate Manifesto just need clarification, This should be easy!!!

Alright so i just read Carbohydrate Manifesto and the basic idea that i got from it is to eat low to moderate acting Gi carbs for the whole day and high acting GI carbs right after workout. Is that what it is basically saying. So if i could it would be best to eat rolled oats all day long and then eat a white potato right after lifting. ANd of course to eat protein with all of these carbs. But the type of protein really doesnt matter except for cottage cheese which should be eaten before bed because it contains casein which is a longer lasting protein. AM i correct on this????? And the other thing was... Should i take Atlarge's Thermocin if i am bulking but i want to bulk muscle and not really much fat and get rid of the fat on my stomach???? You know what I mean soo this should be a easier thing to do. Thanx alot.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Correct on all fronts except the fatburner while bulking.

It won't help you.

You keep the fat-gain down to a dull roar through diet.

Oh, and dextrose might be a better carb choice than potato for post workout, although potato isn't bad. No butter.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    although potato isn't bad. No butter.
    That's almost like eating printer paper.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Bulk and lose fat don't go together. Pick one or the other. If you are going to bulk, you will put on fat. How much depends on how strict your diet, and routine is.
    Nick V

i understand so i can bulk but do a good bulk where i dont put on so much fat so i wont need the fat burner. But white potato is like 98 on the GI carb where 100 is the most so white potato is pretty good. But everything i said was right?? finally im gettin better at this.. haha thanx guys!

i really dont care about taste of anything so printer paper or not as long as it does the job as best as possible that is ALL i care about.

Potato is fine (put salt on it, salt really helps!), so is dextrose.

It's not that you don't NEED the fatburner. It's that the fatburner won't help. The most you can really expect from a fatburner is a TINY little bit more energy, and if you're lucky, a bit of appetite suppression. That's pretty much it.

You don't want to get too fat during a bulk? Watch your diet. If you gain too fast, pull back some of the carb calories (keep your fats and proteins to the end).

ah crap i forgot and thought it was the other way around
    rolled oats after workouts and hi gl before
    meh.
    I don't have time. I make time.

albanator, it doesn't matter as much as you'd think.

If your PRE workout nutrition wasn't there, get fast carbs in AFTER. If your pre-workout nutrition is dialled in, slow carbs after will do the trick nicely.